tribeofjudah's Bible study

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Lucifer was "perfect" until the day his pride took over. And he said within himself.....Why can't I be God...???

I don't agree with "no God....no satan" He chose to rebel...

Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Eze 28:17 Thine heart 3820 was lifted up 1361 because of thy beauty 3308, thou hast corrupted 7843 thy wisdom 2451 by reason of 5921 thy brightness 3314: I will cast 7993 thee to the ground 776, I will lay 5414 thee before 6440 kings 4428, that they may behold 7200 thee.

Lucifer CHOSE to go rogue.......and challenge God's government.

Rev 12:7 ¶ And there was war in heaven: Michael (is Jesus, my insertion) and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

From the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?"

May the ONE true God bless you all as you study the word.....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Thank you, God, for casting Satan onto the planet for which you decided to create us humans to live out our days. Why couldn't satan be cast to the far reaches of the Universe instead of here on Earth? Oh, that is right, the writers of the Bible knew nothing of other planets so they had to use Earth to fit their story. Oh, and at the time, they also believed the world was flat.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Cappster wrote:Thank you, God, for casting Satan onto the planet for which you decided to create us humans to live out our days. Why couldn't satan be cast to the far reaches of the Universe instead of here on Earth? Oh, that is right, the writers of the Bible knew nothing of other planets so they had to use Earth to fit their story. Oh, and at the time, they also believed the world was flat.

um....let's think that satan chose to set up camp here. Right Here, where he could throw a monkey wrench into the plan......AND that he surely did.

Sure God coulda ZAPPED satan at the onset... but then what would that gain??? Beings serving God out of FEAR instead of LOVE.

Sin, affliction, lawlessness must RUN ITS FULL COURSE..... then we will know that GOD IS A RIGHTEOUS GOD........!!! Merciful, Just, Wonderful, Creator, God ALL Mighty...... the Great I AM.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:55 am

Meanwhile, in other news, I'm still enjoying the new Teapot religion, and have started making huge amounts of money offering Teapot based education, examining the origins of Tea, and all it's many incarnations.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 am

tribeofjudah wrote:
Cappster wrote:Thank you, God, for casting Satan onto the planet for which you decided to create us humans to live out our days. Why couldn't satan be cast to the far reaches of the Universe instead of here on Earth? Oh, that is right, the writers of the Bible knew nothing of other planets so they had to use Earth to fit their story. Oh, and at the time, they also believed the world was flat.

um....let's think that satan chose to set up camp here. Right Here, where he could throw a monkey wrench into the plan......AND that he surely did.

Sure God coulda ZAPPED satan at the onset... but then what would that gain??? Beings serving God out of FEAR instead of LOVE.

Sin, affliction, lawlessness must RUN ITS FULL COURSE..... then we will know that GOD IS A RIGHTEOUS GOD........!!! Merciful, Just, Wonderful, Creator, God ALL Mighty...... the Great I AM.

Come on lets think critically about this. God, the almighty, couldn't cast satan anywhere else other than right here on Earth and chose to create humans on a planet where the king of evil resides. I mean, doesn't this seem to be an illogical storyline in that an omnipotent and caring God would make humans, of which he cares sooooo deeply for, would have to live with an entity that is evil?

So back to the story. What would we have to lose if God would have zapped satan from the get go? It seems like we lost our chance at paradise from the get go seeing as God, yet again, messed up another one of his creations (satan/Adam and Eve). And looking at the Bible, it seems that God wants to be feared more so than loved. "Don't believe in me, you will burn forever in hell."

I will ask you this question just as I ask all other believers this question: If God came down and said you have to sacrifice one of your children to prove your love for him, would you do it?

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:25 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:Meanwhile, in other news, I'm still enjoying the new Teapot religion, and have started making huge amounts of money offering Teapot based education, examining the origins of Tea, and all it's many incarnations.

Hahaha. You can probably extract more money from people if you put certain additives in your tea such as *magic* mushrooms and such. Mind control is a major resource that all religions tap into to make sure their zombies stay in line with the doctrine.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:38 am

Cappster wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:

Come on lets think critically about this. God, the almighty, couldn't cast satan anywhere else other than right here on Earth and chose to create humans on a planet where the king of evil resides. I mean, doesn't this seem to be an illogical storyline in that an omnipotent and caring God would make humans, of which he cares sooooo deeply for, would have to live with an entity that is evil?

So back to the story. What would we have to lose if God would have zapped satan from the get go? It seems like we lost our chance at paradise from the get go seeing as God, yet again, messed up another one of his creations (satan/Adam and Eve). And looking at the Bible, it seems that God wants to be feared more so than loved. "Don't believe in me, you will burn forever in hell."

I will ask you this question just as I ask all other believers this question: If God came down and said you have to sacrifice one of your children to prove your love for him, would you do it?

FREE WILL....brother...!!! Even satan the enemy was given FREE WILL to "come" to planet earth and tempt the first humans (Adam, Eve)....

Free Will.........as Freedom of Choice
Free Will.........as choosing allegiance
Free Will.........to LOVE your Creator God
Free Will.........to deny God

Satan was cast out.......BUT was given choice/chance/opportunity to show his true colors: satan proved to be the devil, adversary, enemy, father of lies

GOD IS LOVE.... and LOVE takes risks, don't you agree? GOD risked making humans who "could choose" to disobey.....and they did.

YOU may have children....and YOU run the risk that they will grow to love you or hate you...to be successful or to be a bum or a criminal. Give them LOVE and raise them right, yet you still run the RISK of their outcome.

About a mandate from God to sacrifice my child. You know that's a tough one and I struggle with that. I love my son and I love God. Honestly, I struggle with what to do.

BUT ABRAHAM.....was told to do this exactly, to sacrifice Isaac. Abraham FAITH is stronger than mine and he took his son as a sacrifice.

GOD stopped Abraham short of killing his son. GOD knew the heart of Abraham, that he would slay his son to obey God....and THAT WAS ENOUGH PROOF FOR GOD.

I admit.......I don't have the level of Faith that Abraham did. I PRAY FOR MORE FAITH.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:42 am

Hey Capp....some churches teach about burning forever in hell. I don't believe that and many other Christian don't either. That is NOT a Biblical teaching.

This thread is DEEP and we touched on Gahenna, about the burning pit, a burning dump outside Jerusalem called Gahenna. This was only symbolism for hell.

The Catholic church and priests may teach "burning" forever as a scare tactic. I don't subscribe to that.......IT'S NOT BIBLICAL

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:15 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
1niksder wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Well... I question all of it just like Cappo but I believe in God.. I mean, it's blind faith but I still have it.

+1

+1

1 Do I believe in God because thats what I believe or because thats what I've been told to believe all my life?

2 How do you get something from nothing? I mean where did God come from? I'm sorry but just hard to believe that God has always been

3 Why not just say " Hay here I am"?

Well, it's kind of one or the other, no?

You either get something from nothing or something has always been, no?

Or both

Or neither.

I'd like to hear those last two explained ... well, maybe not.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:58 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Hey Capp....some churches teach about burning forever in hell. I don't believe that and many other Christian don't either. That is NOT a Biblical teaching.

This thread is DEEP and we touched on Gahenna, about the burning pit, a burning dump outside Jerusalem called Gahenna. This was only symbolism for hell.

The Catholic church and priests may teach "burning" forever as a scare tactic. I don't subscribe to that.......IT'S NOT BIBLICAL

Hey Capp. Wasn't there some discussion about the basis of someone's faith.

Deadskins wrote:
Cappster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Cappster wrote:Belief and faith without evidence I see.

You can't say that. You have no idea on what he bases his faith.

He bases his belief on the Bible.

No, he said he believes the Bible, not that is was the basis of his faith.

Maybe it's time to get it from the horse's mouth one way or the other.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:14 pm

I have some questions for Cappster. Do you believe in love? If so, can you scientifically prove love exists, or do you have to go on personal experience, and the experiences of billions of other people? Anecdotal evidence is still evidence, even if you don't acknowledge it.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Hey Capp....some churches teach about burning forever in hell. I don't believe that and many other Christian don't either. That is NOT a Biblical teaching.

Just a word from the bouncing bleachers of old RFK:

- Charles Chauncy, leading minister of 18th century Boston, wrote "Mystery Hid From the Ages" arguing that the Bible supported a notion of punishment, but not eternal punishment. He suggested that the Roman Catholic idea of purgatory is on the right track, but that all will be reformed and saved...in the long run. One of the earliest statements leading toward Universalism, now an element of the Unitarian Universalist church. (Chauncy out-argued Jonathan Edwards during the "Great Awakening"; later, Chauncy was the person selected to read the Declaration of Independence to Boston).

- Rob Bell recently published an interesting book called "Love Wins", arguing that God will eventually save everyone...also that humans have no business setting out the rules that God "must" follow in separating the flock. Begins with Bell asking a member of his congregation, "How do you know that Gandhi is in hell?"

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 pm

DarthMonk wrote:

Hey Capp. Wasn't there some discussion about the basis of someone's faith.

Deadskins wrote:
Cappster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Cappster wrote:Belief and faith without evidence I see.

You can't say that. You have no idea on what he bases his faith.

He bases his belief on the Bible.

No, he said he believes the Bible, not that is was the basis of his faith.

Maybe it's time to get it from the horse's mouth one way or the other.

Good catch, Darth. Seems like I was correct in my assessment!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Deadskins wrote:I have some questions for Cappster. Do you believe in love? If so, can you scientifically prove love exists, or do you have to go on personal experience, and the experiences of billions of other people? Anecdotal evidence is still evidence, even if you don't acknowledge it.

Science can prove that there is a biological/chemical reaction that causes certain sensations that we call emotions to be felt that lead to feelings "of love." To be more direct in answering the question, I do believe in love. Can someone conclusively say that I love them or that I feel certain chemically induced emotions for them? Not really, but I can use my conscious mind to come up with ways to show them that I do, indeed, care.

If I do something for someone I love such as rubbing my girlfriends back after a long day, she would be able to verify that it was I who was rubbing her back. If she said to me that she felt the sensation of someone rubbing her back and that it was God who was doing the work, I would look at her like she was crazy.

So, I'll ask you the same question that I asked Tribe. Would you sacrifice a child of yours, because God told you to? And to add to that, would you ever ask your child to murder his/her child to prove their love for you? And this is usually the part where it becomes more evident that religion requires the suspension of critical thinking in order to control the minds of te congregation.

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:26 am

DarthMonk wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
1niksder wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Well... I question all of it just like Cappo but I believe in God.. I mean, it's blind faith but I still have it.

+1

+1

1 Do I believe in God because thats what I believe or because thats what I've been told to believe all my life?

2 How do you get something from nothing? I mean where did God come from? I'm sorry but just hard to believe that God has always been

3 Why not just say " Hay here I am"?

Well, it's kind of one or the other, no?

You either get something from nothing or something has always been, no?

Or both

Or neither.

I'd like to hear those last two explained ... well, maybe not.

Did everthing start with the big bang? Is that the moment time starts? If so then you get both. Everything has always been and you get something out of nothing.......... I think :lol:

Return to The Lounge