Cowpies LOOOOOOOZE post-game thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Earl Christy fumbled the ball at the Jets' 12-yard line when he was tackled by Raiders linebacker Bill Budness. Oakland reserve running back Preston Ridlehuber picked up the fumbled ball and ran into the end zone.

What the hell am I talking about? :hmm:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:29 pm

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS !?!?!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

For the record folks, I was soooooooo happy DeAngelo didn't score that TD because watching RG3 do the victory formation in dalass, on thanskgiving day was totally awesome!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:42 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Anyway, I give up. You haven't yet responded to my argument, so I shouldn't be holding my breath that it will magically happen now.

I'm pretty sure I did. I responded that if a team is winning a game and has two options, and one of those options ends the game more quickly than the other, then that is the smarter play. So you can start breathing again. :)

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Alright: breathing. :)

If a team is winning a game and has a choice, and neither option gives you a better chance to win, then neither is the "smarter" play. (Who cares if it ends the game three plays sooner, if that has zero bearing on whether you win?)

There are reasons why another TD would have been sweet. For instance, we'd have won by 14 which would better reflect the dominance our team had on the game. And it would have embarassed and further deflated our worst rival. On those counts, if that's what you value, scoring a TD was actually the "smarter" play — but I don't call it that because ending it quicker worked too and has some things one can say in favor of it.

Neither is "smarter" or more "selfless."
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Ha ha forget it Irn. I'm right there with you. Doesn't matter;it is history now.
I wish we scored too.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:For instance, we'd have won by 14 which would better reflect the dominance our team had on the game.

+1

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:06 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS !?!?!

For the record folks, I was soooooooo happy DeAngelo didn't score that TD because watching RG3 do the victory formation in dalass, on thanskgiving day was totally awesome!!!

Dude - this is an exact quote from me at Sheetz Friday morning. I was wearing my Redskin tie like a headband and really rubbed it in on a Cowgirl fan named George. I let everyone at that freakin' Sheetz know the score.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:37 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS !?!?!

Dude - this is an exact quote from me at Sheetz Friday morning. I was wearing my Redskin tie like a headband and really rubbed it in on a Cowgirl fan named George. I let everyone at that freakin' Sheetz know the score.

Ohhhh so everyone jumps on board after LPJ says what I've already said like five times on here?!

#figures
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:13 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Alright: breathing. :)

hah. I'm glad!

Honestly, I wanted the TD there. I just think Hall did what he thought was best for the team. So, you know, credit to him if you agree.

Listened to B-Mitch today on the radio. He thinks Hall setting up the victory formation was actually more of a dagger to the Cowboys than the TD. Not something I'd really thought about, but cool perspective from a player.

All that stuff aside WE BEAT THE COWBOYS ON THANKSGIVING DAY.

Whatever else happens this season, I hope everybody enjoys and relishes that. Best part of my Thanksgiving! We had dinner guests including an actual Dallas native who showed up at my house in his WITTEN jersey!!!! loved it!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:13 am

riggofan wrote: ... All that stuff aside ...

WE BEAT THE COWBOYS ON THANKSGIVING DAY.

Whatever else happens this season, I hope everybody enjoys and relishes that. Best part of my Thanksgiving! We had dinner guests including an actual Dallas native who showed up at my house in his WITTEN jersey!!!! loved it!

I agree - this was a VERY special game ...

be interesting to see which fans here find things to complain about in the coming 5 games .. :roll:

this franchise has had good season really, all things considered

some are just never satisfied with seeing that even though there are issues, this franchise is in a good place and getting better :D

this next game is payback time ... icing on the cake

could not have planned it better - bye week.. then take down/dismantle the eagles - beat the pukes on T day, then have 11 days off to get ready for the hated giants & J. Mara at our house, on national TV - PRICELESS

patience is a virtue :wink:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:24 am

Am I the only one who thinks Forbath has been our 2nd most valuable player? Talk about a clutch 48 yard field goal...

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:26 am

Kilmer72 wrote:Class by Hall, but I really wished he had scored just in case there is a tie breaker in the future. We weren't well ahead but he showed maturity.

It wasn't very mature when he smacked Bryant in the face on the sidelines.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:33 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:Class by Hall, but I really wished he had scored just in case there is a tie breaker in the future. We weren't well ahead but he showed maturity.

If he's gonna get into some bickering and exchanges with anyone... I'm cool with it being Dez ihitmymomma Bryant. That guy is a bag of douche
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:37 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

If he's gonna get into some bickering and exchanges with anyone... I'm cool with it being Dez ihitmymomma Bryant. That guy is a bag of douche

LOL. +1.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

Good point.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football