Jammal Brown to go to IR

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

What should we do with Jammal Brown

Keep
6%
Cut
83%
Trade
11%

Total votes : 18
piggie

Jammal Brown to go to IR

Postby fetus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:16 am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -ir-today/

Well, with his season done, it seems. How do we approach this in the off-season? With a perfectly capable RT, that is coming cheap, in Tyler Polumbus, what do we do with Brown?

Brown hasn't really lived up to his $20+ million contract he got last year and seems that his injuries are vastly outweighing his roster spot. IMO we should cut ties with him and see what we can do with his spot this off-season. I don't know what kind of money we would owe him if we did cut him, maybe someone can enlighten me on this and if it would be worth it to let him go.

I would wanna say trade him but I don't know what we could get for an unhealthy RT in the off-season, and not to sure who really needs an aging RT.

Polumbus seems to have done a great job this year, minus a BS fine for a leg whip, and he has had a few missed assignments, but honestly who hasn't.

What does everyone think on this front???
DISCUSS!!!!! :P

edit: added poll
RGIII and the terrible D

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:18 am

Well considering he never plays and is never healthy, it seems like a pretty easy answer to me. He needs to go.

JSPB22

Re: Jammal Brown to go to IR

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:34 am

fetus wrote:minus a BS fine for a leg whip

He got fined for that? :shock:
I thought it was a bogus call when I saw it, and I am stunned that the league would fine him.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby kmiec » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:39 am

He will be cut at some point depending on when it works out best for our cap situation.

piggie

Postby fetus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:51 am

He got fined for that? Shocked
I thought it was a bogus call when I saw it, and I am stunned that the league would fine him.

Yeah I know he got fined but I think it was like $7250 or so, which is a little more than 1% of his $700,000 salary this year
RGIII and the terrible D

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:02 pm

fetus wrote:Brown hasn't really lived up to his $20+ million contract he got last year

ya think??? :)

I read a mock draft the other day that suggested the Redskins go after D.J. Fluker, RT from Alabama with the second pick next year. I don't know if that's the right guy or that we need to use such a high pick, but I like the thinking. Obviously we can't count on Brown.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Shanahan and Allen had two huge busts in their first year. Trading for Brown and trading for McNabb... but good rationale existed at the time for both moves. Too bad it didn't work out, but Brown is toast. Time to shore up this line for RGIII
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Shanahan and Allen had two huge busts in their first year. Trading for Brown and trading for McNabb... but good rationale existed at the time for both moves. Too bad it didn't work out, but Brown is toast. Time to shore up this line for RGIII

Yea I agree but it seems like they went after other positions though so I'm pretty sure from here on out we'll address the OL and the Defense.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:35 pm

riggofan wrote:
fetus wrote:Brown hasn't really lived up to his $20+ million contract he got last year

I read a mock draft the other day that suggested the Redskins go after D.J. Fluker, RT from Alabama with the second pick next year. I don't know if that's the right guy or that we need to use such a high pick, but I like the thinking. Obviously we can't count on Brown.

Seems to me that we have a more pressing need for a corner back than right tackle. While Polumbus has his faults, he does get the job done, mostly. I could live with him if we can get a quality CB with the 2nd pick.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 pm

He has zero trade value. The only real options are cut or keep. I'm guessing he'll be getting an injury settlement soon. This move does free up a roster spot, though.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 pm

First things first: JM HAS ZERO TRADE VALUE -- so "trade" shouldn't even be an option. There isn't one NFL team stupid or desperate enough to actually give something up or to even pay his current salary.

Obviously he'll be cut. He has basically been injured for close to a year now and frankly, he's not good enough to pay him his salary while taking the risk of a subsequent injury.

Regarding the draft, because we don't have a first, we can't fill all the roster holes in the draft, but I would think a DB is the #1 draft priority. The DB position is by far the weakest link on the team.
Last edited by markshark84 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:47 pm

See ya, J. Brown.

Definitely DB over RT in the draft. We're going to need to start grooming a stud MLB very soon, too. Polumbus is good enough for now and should only improve.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:55 pm

What are the cap implications of cutting him now Vs. the off-season? When we restructured him, did we give ourselves an out?

Hail to the Redskins!

piglet

Postby GFlanagan3 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Deadskins wrote:What are the cap implications of cutting him now Vs. the off-season? When we restructured him, did we give ourselves an out?
hmmmm good point

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:03 pm

aswas71788 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Seems to me that we have a more pressing need for a corner back than right tackle. While Polumbus has his faults, he does get the job done, mostly. I could live with him if we can get a quality CB with the 2nd pick.

Yeah I agree with you on the CB with the 2d pick, exactly why I said I didn't know "that we need to use such a high pick". CB is a big need for us and seems more likely that we could get a day one starter at this position.

I still wouldn't mind seeing the team look at RT in the draft though or o-line depth in general. Gotta keep young Robert on his feet next year!

Laughing that a couple people voted "trade". I'd like to trade Brown too! Might get a ham sandwich for him at this point.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football