Robert's Extreme Confidence

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
ATX

Robert's Extreme Confidence

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:02 am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ants-game/

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III says that with the Giants coming to town on Monday night, the Redskins are expecting to win, and to show they’re contenders in the NFC playoff race.

“I think everybody’s extremely confident,” Griffin said on NFL AM. “Not just by the way we played them last time, but the way we’ve played the last two games. We have that momentum coming with us, and I think everybody’s ready to go. Once again, it’s a one-game season for us. This is the only game we have and the only game that matters.”

Griffin wouldn’t specifically guarantee that the Redskins are going to make the playoffs, but he made clear that he believes they can take care of business.

“We control our own destiny, so it’s up to us,” Griffin said. “We decide that. Me being on a TV show saying that we’re going to make the playoffs doesn’t make a difference. You’ve got to go out there and prove it every Sunday, or every Monday. We’ve got to go out there and prove it.”

It’s actually not correct to say the Redskins control their own destiny: Even if the Redskins win out to finish the season 10-6, they’d miss the playoffs if the Giants also win out after Monday night to finish the season 11-5, and if at least two of the four teams ahead of them in the NFC wild card race also win out.

But while Griffin may not have closely studied the NFC standings, he has studied the Giants. And heading into a big game against them, he isn’t lacking for confidence.

This kid can walk the walk, I love it.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**

Re: Robert's Extreme Confidence

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:13 am

ATX_Skins wrote:This kid can walk the walk, I love it.

yea man i'm wit u, i love his confidence and i appreciate the fact he's humble bout his skills.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:19 am

This is the right kind of confidence. It doesn't guaratee a Super Bowl or even a win (you hear that, Rex Ryan? :lol:). But it says and believes: "We will win this game if we go out and prove who we are."

You have to believe the Skins are fired up. We are heating up at the right time, too. The Philly and Dallas performances were huge. Let's see a follow up with a legit threat.

(Quibble with this guy's technicalities: if we go 10-6, we will not miss the playoffs. Yes, there are scenarios in which we could, but realistically speaking that's not going to happen. Most of the wild card teams in front of us actually lost this past week and probably all of them will lose at least one more down the stretch. And the Giants running the table after Monday Night is no guarantee either. So if we're being realistic, the Redskins will most likely have been in control of their own destiny from this point on, and it's perfectly reasonable that the team acts that way.)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

piglet

Postby blowwad » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 am

Irn-Bru wrote:This is the right kind of confidence. It doesn't guaratee a Super Bowl or even a win (you hear that, Rex Ryan? :lol:). But it says and believes: "We will win this game if we go out and prove who we are."

You have to believe the Skins are fired up. We are heating up at the right time, too. The Philly and Dallas performances were huge. Let's see a follow up with a legit threat.

(Quibble with this guy's technicalities: if we go 10-6, we will not miss the playoffs. Yes, there are scenarios in which we could, but realistically speaking that's not going to happen. Most of the wild card teams in front of us actually lost this past week and probably all of them will lose at least one more down the stretch. And the Giants running the table after Monday Night is no guarantee either. So if we're being realistic, the Redskins will most likely have been in control of their own destiny from this point on, and it's perfectly reasonable that the team acts that way.)

Case in point Seattle on the road at Chicago this week (consistent road losers) and Tampa Bay on the road at Denver (hey wait a minute, is that Peyton Manning I see over there?).

These are the only two non division teams ahead of us that legitimately concern us and our playoff chances and we own the tie breaker against both of them.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:26 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Most of the wild card teams in front of us actually lost this past week and probably all of them will lose at least one more down the stretch.

Except Chicago and Seattle, we've also beaten the other WC hopefuls head-to-head.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:30 am

Giants schedule

@ redskins

vs saints

@ atlanta

@ baltimore

vs philly

not a chicken schedule

compare to redskins schedule

vs giants

vs ravens

@ browns

@ philly

vs dallas

i like our schedule compare to the giants.....

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:36 am

funsho2 wrote:Giants schedule

@ redskins

vs saints

@ atlanta

@ baltimore

vs philly

not a chicken schedule

compare to redskins schedule

vs giants

vs ravens

@ browns

@ philly

vs dallas

i like our schedule compare to the giants.....

They will lose to us, Atlanta, Baltimore, and possibly New Orleans. This is our division to lose.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:07 pm

I like this. RGIII out there playing with no fear. I think he will do everything possible to will this team into the playoffs. The big question is can the rest of the team keep up with him and make it happen?

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Deadskins wrote:This is our division to lose.

:!:

piglet

Postby GFlanagan3 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:51 pm

THIS is more like it...none of that "next year" junk. We may or may not make the play-offs but the real point is.....WE CAN

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm

GFlanagan3 wrote:THIS is more like it...none of that "next year" junk. We may or may not make the play-offs but the real point is.....WE CAN

:!:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 pm

put it how you like - I DO NOT agree that referring to "next year" is junk - I'm VERY excited about this franchise next year

I'm taking NOTHING away from what is happening this year - I'm excited about the way these guys are playing

I really do believe that the ONLY game that is important to these guys is this next game

I'm not saying we're winning out but JSPB may be right about that ... :lol:

the MOST important thing is these guys believe that they can win this next game

we're fans - we look ahead AND we look back - there is nothing wrong with that - it's certainly NOT 'junk' :lol:
Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:51 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm not saying we're winning out but JSPB may be right about that ... :lol:

I'm guaranteeing the division, just not winning out. I actually think we can lose to the Ravens and still win the division. Once we beat the G-strings Monday night, then we will own the tie-breakers with them due to division W-L record.

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:54 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'm not saying we're winning out but JSPB may be right about that ... :lol:

I'm guaranteeing the division, just not winning out. I actually think we can lose to the Ravens and still win the division. Once we beat the G-strings Monday night, then we will own the tie-breakers with them due to division W-L record.

5-1 with an AFC loss probably does it. 4-2 with 2 AFC losses might as well.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

5-1 with an AFC loss probably does it. 4-2 with 2 AFC losses might as well.

DarthMonk

Seeing as we only have 5 games left and have already lost 2 AFC games, you may need to check your math. :oops:

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football