Babin released

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:40 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Mike and Mike were saying he looks like he has not been trying. They say coaches will be asking him "Why weren't you trying on this play?" when they go over film and negotiate.

Word is he's hoping no one picks him up so that he'll be a FA. Then his current cap # would disappear for the next employer (I think).

Apparently he thought he was "bullet proof", was taking games off, and was shocked (heard him chuckling about it in an interview.

I think he had something like 18 sacks last year and 5 so far this year.

DarthMonk

Hmmmm!!! Sounds like what's his name....the $100 million dollar man. Oh yes. Fat Albert. Remember that mess?

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Mike and Mike were saying he looks like he has not been trying. They say coaches will be asking him "Why weren't you trying on this play?" when they go over film and negotiate.

Word is he's hoping no one picks him up so that he'll be a FA. Then his current cap # would disappear for the next employer (I think).

Teams claiming a player off waivers don't have to pay his current salary. I'd bet he'd like to come here. I can see why someone would have a hard time getting motivated to play for the Smeagols.

Like those college boys getting a free education?

I know what you mean but I don't think Shanny should go after a pro who's not a professional.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:35 pm

fetus wrote:
Nice to know we can basically count on our game against them as a win.

Aww come on... why'd you have to say that.

I hope you are right though, never can tell with this division

Sure, anything can happen, and of course I hope our players don't make any assumptions. But that team is in total collapse mode. We are on the rise. We will be playing for something in our last game; the Eagles won't even have pride left to play for. I say we take it more easily than we took the last one.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:I say we take it more easily than we took the last one.

That could be read both ways. :?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:09 am

Deadskins wrote:

Teams claiming a player off waivers don't have to pay his current salary. I'd bet he'd like to come here. I can see why someone would have a hard time getting motivated to play for the Smeagols.

Yes and/or no??

The Washington Redskins, seeking pass-rushing help for a stretch drive for a playoff spot, put in a failed waiver claim for defensive end Jason Babin, a person familiar with the situation said Wednesday.

Babin, released Tuesday by the Philadelphia Eagles, was awarded Wednesday to the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars had priority in the NFL’s waiver claim process because their record was the worst of the three teams that tried to claim Babin.

The Buffalo Bills also put in a claim for Babin, said the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the teams that made failed bids for Babin had not acknowledged it publicly.

The Jaguars inherited the remainder of Babin’s contract and will owe him a prorated portion of his $5.575 million salary, or a little more than $1.6 million, for the rest of this season.

Babin had 5-1/2 sacks for the Eagles this season. He had 18 sacks last season and has 53-1/2 sacks in his nine NFL seasons with the Houston Texans, Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs, Tennessee Titans and Eagles. He has 36 sacks over the last three seasons.

He most often has played defensive end in a four-lineman, three-linebacker defensive alignment, but might have been moved to outside linebacker in the Redskins’ 3-4 scheme.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 am

I stand corrected. I wonder if that is part of the new CBA, because I kind of looked it up yesterday, before posting. The article I read was a couple of years old, but may have just had its facts wrong.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Around the League