Giants Sign Ryan Torain

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:34 am

Giants Sign Ryan Torain

Postby TCIYM » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Ryan Torain - RB - Giants

Giants agreed to terms with RB Ryan Torain.
Torain has been out of the league since the Redskins cut him on the heels of a 3.4 YPC average last December. He's a power back similar to Andre Brown while Kregg Lumpkin is a superior receiver and special teamer. Torain is the better bet to see carries as the third back in the Giants committee, but he's not yet on the fantasy radar.
Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter
Nov 27 - 5:45 PM

Hog
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:34 am

Postby TCIYM » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Just found out Selvish Capers was cut in a corresponding move ...

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11062
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Good for Torain. I really liked him here. He's probably got a long way to go to stick somewhere, but I hope he can keep some NFL employment.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5220
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:03 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby cvillehog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Good for Torain. I really liked him here. He's probably got a long way to go to stick somewhere, but I hope he can keep some NFL employment.


I hope so too. Poor kid was basically the start of the team last year and then was out on the street this year.

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 am

He was only brought in to give Coughlin any advantage on our zone blocking scheme, within 3 weeks he will be gone. Ryan Torrain over Ryan Grant?? THE FISH IS STINKING UP THE JOINT!!!

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11062
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:37 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:He was only brought in to give Coughlin any advantage on our zone blocking scheme, within 3 weeks he will be gone.


They aren't going to get squat from Torrain that will give them any real advantage over us — too much of our scheme has changed. I think they are really giving him a shot as a backup RB.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16099
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:He was only brought in to give Coughlin any advantage on our zone blocking scheme, within 3 weeks he will be gone.


They aren't going to get squat from Torrain that will give them any real advantage over us — too much of our scheme has changed. I think they are really giving him a shot as a backup RB.

Agreed.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13293
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:He was only brought in to give Coughlin any advantage on our zone blocking scheme, within 3 weeks he will be gone.


They aren't going to get squat from Torrain that will give them any real advantage over us — too much of our scheme has changed. I think they are really giving him a shot as a backup RB.

Agreed.


DaSkinzBaby - you ARE dreaming if you really think that - get a grip my man - THAT's just not happening :shock:
Robert Griffin will become a really good NFL QB he's got the physical attributes and he knows what he has to do to

hopefully Kirk Cousins can take advantage of this opportunity till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL


Week 3 - 27-21

Return to Around the League