Giants Sign Ryan Torain

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Giants Sign Ryan Torain

Postby TCIYM » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Ryan Torain - RB - Giants

Giants agreed to terms with RB Ryan Torain.
Torain has been out of the league since the Redskins cut him on the heels of a 3.4 YPC average last December. He's a power back similar to Andre Brown while Kregg Lumpkin is a superior receiver and special teamer. Torain is the better bet to see carries as the third back in the Giants committee, but he's not yet on the fantasy radar.
Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter
Nov 27 - 5:45 PM

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Just found out Selvish Capers was cut in a corresponding move ...

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Good for Torain. I really liked him here. He's probably got a long way to go to stick somewhere, but I hope he can keep some NFL employment.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Good for Torain. I really liked him here. He's probably got a long way to go to stick somewhere, but I hope he can keep some NFL employment.

I hope so too. Poor kid was basically the start of the team last year and then was out on the street this year.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 am

He was only brought in to give Coughlin any advantage on our zone blocking scheme, within 3 weeks he will be gone. Ryan Torrain over Ryan Grant?? THE FISH IS STINKING UP THE JOINT!!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:37 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:He was only brought in to give Coughlin any advantage on our zone blocking scheme, within 3 weeks he will be gone.

They aren't going to get squat from Torrain that will give them any real advantage over us — too much of our scheme has changed. I think they are really giving him a shot as a backup RB.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:He was only brought in to give Coughlin any advantage on our zone blocking scheme, within 3 weeks he will be gone.

They aren't going to get squat from Torrain that will give them any real advantage over us — too much of our scheme has changed. I think they are really giving him a shot as a backup RB.

Agreed.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

Agreed.

DaSkinzBaby - you ARE dreaming if you really think that - get a grip my man - THAT's just not happening :shock:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Around the League