Kicker

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:50 am

riggofan wrote:I'm just blown away that Forbath has come in here as a rookie and done this well. We had a lot of comments here over the past couple years about how we needed to be patient and let Gano learn and develop. I'm not knocking those posts, but its kind of a lesson maybe?

Btw who gets the credit for fixing the damn blocked kick issue this season? Danny Smith? Forbath? Linemen?

Danny gets credit, because he is the one that was responsible for the blocks last year (and this year). Kia certainly can't take credit, since he has has an extra point blocked.

You can look at a block and tell who didn't do there job. Take the blocked extra point Kia had. Yes thee was penetration, but his kick was WAY to low, just like the extra point Gano had blocked yesterday. Both of those misses were on the kickers.

The blocks Gano had last year were on the blocking unit. They didn't do their jobs and since there were right of them blocked, that kittens Danny wasn't doing his job!

Yes, a blocked kick can be on the blockers our on the kickers, you just have to look at it and see who didn't do their job correctly.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 am

riggofan wrote:I'm just blown away that Forbath has come in here as a rookie and done this well. We had a lot of comments here over the past couple years about how we needed to be patient and let Gano learn and develop. I'm not knocking those posts, but its kind of a lesson maybe?

Btw who gets the credit for fixing the damn blocked kick issue this season? Danny Smith? Forbath? Linemen?

Danny gets credit, because he is the one that was responsible for the blocks last year (and this year). Kia certainly can't take credit, since he has has an extra point blocked.

You can look at a block and tell who didn't do there job. Take the blocked extra point Kia had. Yes thee was penetration, but his kick was WAY to low, just like the extra point Gano had blocked yesterday. Both of those misses were on the kickers.

The blocks Gano had last year were on the blocking unit. They didn't do their jobs and since there were right of them blocked, that kittens Danny wasn't doing his job!

Yes, a blocked kick can be on the blockers our on the kickers, you just have to look at it and see who didn't do their job correctly.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:59 am

ATX_Skins wrote:Gano just missed a crucial PAT for the Panthers. Just sayin...

+1

I'm sure someone here will blame Danny Smith.

See Gano missed that PAT because of trauma he suffered here under Danny.
:twisted:

HE SUCKS

ROTFALMAO
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 am

Wow. -drinking
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Re: Kicker

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 am

Mississippi Hog wrote:Loving Kai Forbath. I truly hope he is the answer at Kicker for us for a long time. But, it is worth mentioning that Gano signed today with the Panthers. Here's hoping he isn't David Akers all over again.

I LOVE Forbath's ability to kick FGs - hopefully he continues to do well here ... :lol:

I'm glad Gano got a job with the Panthers - hopefully he does well there
Gano might become as good or better than Akers - good luck to him

:lol:
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 am

The Hogster wrote:

+1

I'm sure someone here will blame Danny Smith.

See Gano missed that PAT because of trauma he suffered here under Danny.
:twisted:

HE SUCKS

ROTFALMAO

Nope, no one will do that!

Gano, missed the PAT last night because he kicked the ball low and a player that got penetration blocked the kick.

When he was here he had EIGHT kicks blocked and ALL of them the coaches decided that the fault in the blocked kick was due to penetration by the other team, resulting from poor blocking and wasn't a result a low kick.

However, I know from past experiences you won't acknowlegde the fact that Danny's blocking unit consistantly allowed players to block kicks and if you are the coach of a unit the consistanly doesn't do their job then it is YOUR fault that they aren't doing their job correctly or atleast your fault for keep trotting them back out there.

Danny's unit allowed how many blocked punts this year. Were they Gano's fault? Kia had a blocked PAT, was that GANO'S FAULT?

Determining who is at fault on a blocked kick is easy! It is simple, even a fan can do it. Was the kick low or was the kick late? If those answers are no, then it isn't the kickers fault. Did the blocking unit let a 6'8" player get 4 yards past the LOS before the kick? Did they let the gunner get right in front of the ball before it was kicked? If thoses answers are yes, then the block ISN'T the kicker's fault, it is the fault of the guys that are responsible for blocking that player that blocked the ball.

By the way, Kia's blocked PAT was his fault, it was WAY too low. The blocked PAT that Gano had last night was Gano's fault because it was way too low!

Sorry for the rant, but your sarcasm about a point that YOU never got kind of tweeked me!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:06 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Sorry for the rant, but your sarcasm about a point that YOU never got kind of tweeked me!

The Hogster did that? I'm shocked, SHOCKED! :shock:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:Sorry for the rant, but your sarcasm about a point that YOU never got kind of tweeked me!

But his rant proved my point. :-({|=
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I'm also shocked that you would claim victory in response. :P

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:20 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Oh, no... It didn't!

Boy, you didn't get it did you? Of course on this subject you are uncharacteristically irrational.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Nerd fight!!!
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Just going to point out that even nerds are not pemitted to attack each other here... attack the post, not the poster.

Nerds... what are you gonna do? :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Forbath, IMHO, has been our 2nd MVP on offense since we've signed him. When he nailed that 48 yarder against the Cowpukes, I knew we found our guy. Who gives a damn about kick offs anyway if the guy is 10 for 10 on FG's?!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:47 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Forbath, IMHO, has been our 2nd MVP on offense since we've signed him. When he nailed that 48 yarder against the Cowpukes, I knew we found our guy. Who gives a damn about kick offs anyway if the guy is 10 for 10 on FG's?!

FYI - Forbath does NOT have a problem with the kick offs - he's just doing what the coaches want him to do ...

we've got our kicker :D
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:54 am

SkinsJock wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Forbath, IMHO, has been our 2nd MVP on offense since we've signed him. When he nailed that 48 yarder against the Cowpukes, I knew we found our guy. Who gives a damn about kick offs anyway if the guy is 10 for 10 on FG's?!

FYI - Forbath does NOT have a problem with the kick offs - he's just doing what the coaches want him to do ...

we've got our kicker :D

Had a revelation, did you?

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football