The Loser Papers 2012

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:That was great. Their tears are feeding my soul.

ROTFALMAO
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:13 pm

44diesel wrote:Here's a clip from a Dullass radio station the morning after: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wocI-oba ... ata_player

Gotta love all the RGIII chants in the Cowpie's stadium. Bwahahaha!!! :twisted:

I watched that a couple days ago when you posted it thanks. I also went into espn archives and found other sound and video. It was a great night and thanks again.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
44diesel wrote:Here's a clip from a Dullass radio station the morning after: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wocI-oba ... ata_player

Gotta love all the RGIII chants in the Cowpie's stadium. Bwahahaha!!! :twisted:

I watched that a couple days ago when you posted it thanks. I also went into espn archives and found other sound and video. It was a great night and thanks again.
My pleaseure! It's been too long since this rivalry "mattered" to everyone else as much as it does to Redskin fans. I was getting really ticked whenever I'd hear Cowpie fans saying they more "felt sorry" for us for being so bad... blah, blah, blah. Now what? Skins just went to their house on Thanksgiving and had people chanting for our QB. Hahaha! I love it!!! Best Thanksgiving ever!
"Givin'em the Business!"

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:45 am

bump.. if you haven't already, go back and read the last losing papers.. epic
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:55 pm

can't wait to 'read' this thread on tuesday morning
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:20 pm

I missed the Ryan comment.

"We only had like two days to prepare"....?

Really, and what, the Redskins had a week?

You played back to back home games, we played the same days as you and we had to travel to Dallas.

Cry me a river, Rob. Our Robert is in fact, that damn good
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:I missed the Ryan comment.

You played back to back home games, we played the same days as you and we had to travel to Dallas.

And "We handled the college stuff pretty well, it was the deep passes where we failed." :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Oh Rob, you mean on the same exact long pass to Robinson that we ran in the Philly game and your ace secondary let him run right by them....that's some great coachin' right there dude. Was that maybe a "college" long pass?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Deadskins wrote:

And "We handled the college stuff pretty well, it was the deep passes where we failed." :roll:

Yeah, that got me too guys. I had so much fun replaying that over and over again. If we can (and I do think we can) beat the giants; it will make my year. HTTR

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:10 am

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:31 am

Source of contamination:

Spawn 1:

Spawn 2:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:36 am

All talk with very little results. Like father like sons. Very over rated football family.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:04 am

Ahhh, the Big Apple, so many newspapers from which to choose. Let's start with the New York Post:

RG3, Redskins cut Giants' lead to one

RG3 overwhelms Giants, leads Washington back into NFC East race
By BART HUBBUCH

ImageN.Y. Post: Charles Wenzelberg
SOME ROOKIE: Quarterback Robert Griffin III escapes Mathias Kiwanuka on a play in the second half of last night’s 17-16 Redskins victory at FedEx Field. Griffin ran for 72 yards on five attempts, leaving him with 714 rushing yards on the season.

LANDOVER, Md. — The Kid had FedEx Field rocking like it was RFK Stadium in the glory days last night.

It had been five long, frustrating years since Washington last played a truly meaningful December home game, but Robert Griffin III made it worth the wait in a 17-16 victory over the Giants that had the capacity crowd of 80,246 singing “Hail to the Redskins” at the top of their lungs on the way out.

The Giants had seen this before from the sensational rookie quarterback, who torched them for nearly 400 all-purpose yards out of the option attack in a close October loss at the Meadowlands, but that didn’t mean Big Blue had any better solution for Griffin the second time around.

“We weren’t going to let this one slip away,” Griffin said as he did his postgame press conference from the podium while still in full uniform, including cleats, arm sleeve and glove. “We took the approach that this was the only game we had, and that if we lost, our season was done.”

Although Griffin didn’t have the same gaudy numbers in the primetime rematch, he was just as effective — and the end result was certainly better — as the 6-6 Redskins got back to .500 and continued a surprising run of mastery over their NFC East rivals.

This wasn’t all Griffin’s doing (rookie back Alfred Morris and veteran wideout Pierre Garcon also came up big), but the reigning Heisman Trophy winner from Baylor was certainly the catalyst, completing 13-of-21 passes for 163 yards, a passing touchdown and 73 rushing yards.

Even when Griffin messed up, it worked out. In one of the more remarkable plays in any NFL game this year, Griffin’s first-quarter fumble at the Giants 13-yard line ended up in the arms of receiver Josh Morgan, who took it the rest of the way to the end zone.

“It was a pitch,” Griffin said, grinning. “It was totally by design. I knew Josh was going to be there ready for that touchdown, so that’s what we did. I’m sticking with that story.”

No wonder Redskins fans were chanting “RG3!” throughout the fourth quarter and as Griffin and the Redskins sprinted jubilantly off the field following their third consecutive victory.

“The fans love him so much that they were chanting ‘RG3!’ really loud while we were on offense,” Redskins center Will Montgomery said with a laugh in a jubilant postgame locker room. “That’s great, but they’re going to work on that.”

Griffin’s poise was most on display on the Redskins’ final drive, which he turned into a game-clincher. Washington took over with 3:51 left clinging to a one-point lead and the Giants still holding two timeouts. Griffin responded by leading the Redskins to two first downs that salted away the team’s third victory in the past two seasons over Big Blue.

“I just told them on the sideline, ‘Let’s go finish this game,’ ” said Griffin, who had an eight-yard scramble and a 17-yard completion to key the drive. “We just needed to have that, to give us the confidence that we can end the game with four or five minutes left. And we did it.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/g ... FIf3fg3E1N

And:

Griffin, settling for field goals do in Giants as East tightens
By PAUL SCHWARTZ

ImageReuters
GAME-WINNER: Pierre Garcon celebrates his 8-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter, which gave the Redskins a 17-16 win in Landover, Md., last night.

LANDOVER, Md. — The Giants did not put a stranglehold on the NFC East, certainly didn’t subdue the raging threat that is Robert Griffin III and the upstart Redskins, and ensured the stretch run might be just as angst-ridden as last year’s fight to the finish.

“We’ve been down these roads before, it’s always tough and I like it that way,’’ Justin Tuck said.

There is no way anyone associated with the Giants can like it this way, not after they did last night what they almost never do — blow a halftime lead on the road — and as a result they are going to have nightmares of RG3 and Alfred Morris dancing all over them. After wasting chances and still entering the fourth quarter with a 16-10 lead, the Giants couldn’t hold off the Redskins and Eli Manning couldn’t get a sniff of a comeback drive, which added up to a 17-16 loss that was as damaging to the Giants as it was frustrating.

“We still have all of our goals ahead of us, would have loved to have gotten this win and separated ourselves in the division,’’ Mathias Kiwanuka said. “But we made the road a little tougher, and now we gotta slug through it.”

By blowing a fourth-quarter lead, the Giants (7-5) hold a tenuous one-game lead on the Cowboys (6-6) and Redskins (6-6) for first place in the NFC East.

“There’s one team with seven [wins], two with six wins with four to go,’’ said Tom Coughlin, who might as well have added “You do the math.’’

This one didn’t add up for the Giants. Dating to 2006, they had won 26 straight games on the road when they led at halftime, which they did in this one, 13-10. This time, they could not finish the job and they breathed life into the Redskins, winners of three straight.

“I hate those mother-[bleepers],’’ Redskins owner Daniel Snyder exclaimed to one of his staffers in his team’s locker room.

The Giants want no part of Snyder’s club, not after they barely beat the Redskins the first time around and couldn’t deal any better with Griffin (101.9 quarterback rating, 72 rushing yards) or Alfred Morris (22 carries, 124 yards) the second time around.

The Giants dominated the ball, were brilliant on third down and owned time of possession, but they could only manage one touchdown, falling into their familiar trap of coming up short on drives and settling for field goals. They unleashed a new bad habit, committing costly penalties — nine of them — none worse than a hold on Jim Cordle (his second of the game) that negated a huge 50-yard, fourth-quarter kickoff return by David Wilson into Washington territory. They also got a rare missed field goal from Lawrence Tynes, a 43-yarder in the second quarter.

Clinging to a 16-10 lead, the Giants couldn’t lay a glove on Griffin and couldn’t deal with the punishing Morris as the Redskins put together a 12-play, 86-yard drive, finished off when RG3 rolled to his right and easily hit a wide-open Pierre Garcon on an 8-yard touchdown pass for a one-point lead and the winning points with 11:31 remaining. The Giants got the ball twice after that and Manning couldn’t do a thing with it. The Redskins then ran off the final 3:51 to seal it without Manning getting his hands on the ball again.

“We didn’t want to give him a chance,’’ Redskins offensive tackle Trent Williams said. “He does this for a living, he’s a killer on those fourth-quarter drives.’’

The third offensive series for the Giants was a strange one. They went 85 yards on 13 plays, draining 7:23 off the clock before Manning spread the field and drilled a 4-yard touchdown pass to Martellus Bennett. The drive included three penalties on the Giants — a false start by Hakeem Nicks, a delay of game on Manning and a 10-yard hold on Sean Locklear — yet they were able to score, aided by a 21-yard pass interference penalty on cornerback Cedric Griffin against Nicks.

The Redskins, trailing 3-0, got on the board in a strange way in the first quarter. As Griffin was hit after a 12-yard run to the 13-yard line, he fell on his back and the ball popped loose — it almost looked as if he shoveled it forward — and the ball was plucked out of the air by receiver Joshua Morgan. As the Giants defenders stood flat-footed, thinking the play was over, Morgan sprinted 13 yards untouched for a touchdown to make it 7-3. That completed a four-play, 80-yard drive that resembled a fast-break attack.

“It is what it is, you can’t be down about it,’’ Manning said. “The next four games will be big games. We have to play better football and find a way to win games.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/g ... KHhBzRvzeM

And then there's this entry from the New York Daily News:

Unbe-THREE-vable! Redskins rookie QB too much for Giants this time, 17-16
This time there was no late-game magic for the Giants. And now the race is on in the NFC East. The Washington Redskins tightened up the division race when they avoided another late-game meltdown and held off the defending Super Bowl champions 17-16 at FedEx Field on Monday night.

Robert Griffin III and the Washington Redskins take round 2 with NY Giants at FedEx Field
REDSKINS 17, GIANTS 16: The Giants have no one to blame but themselves for their suddenly perilous predicament. They unraveled with a season high nine penalties, including six on offense which constantly forced their high-powered attack to stall.

ImageRobert Sabo/New York Daily News
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III gets best of Giants in second meeting, sets rookie quarterback record for rushing yards in a season (717 and counting) in process.

LANDOVER, Md. – This time the Washington Redskins didn’t give Eli Manning a chance for any late-game magic. This time they kept him pinned to the sidelines instead.

And when they finished running out the clock on the Giants and held on for a narrow, 17-16 win, they announced that the race for the NFC East title is definitely back on.

PHOTOS: WASHINGTON BEATS GIANTS BY SKINS OF THEIR TEETH

That’s because the Giants blew a chance to build on their division cushion with a stinker of an effort on Monday night. They committed a season-high nine penalties, including six by their sloppy offense, that kept them stalled for most of the game. The Giants got 280 yards from Eli Manning and 103 from Ahmad Bradshaw, but only managed to score one touchdown.

And when Robert Griffin III threw an 8-yard touchdown pass to Pierre Garcon with 11:31 remaining, the Redskins (6-6) had just enough breathing room to pull within one game of the Giants (7-5) with four games to play.

“This isn’t real complicated,” Tom Coughlin said. “I don’t know what happened in the second half. We certainly didn’t come out to play. Penalties. Sloppy football.”

That actually was the theme of the game for the defending champs, but it became much more pronounced in the second half, when the Giants were held to just a field goal. All of a sudden their defense couldn’t contain Griffin (13-for-21, 163 yards; 72 yards rushing on five carries) or running back Alfred Morris (22 carries, 124 yards). And their offense couldn’t sustain a drive.

And the penalties were killers. Such as the holding call on offensive lineman Jim Cordle after David Wilson had returned a fourth-quarter kickoff all the way to the 50. The penalty pushed the Giants back to their own 8 and they ended up going three-and-out.

When they got the ball back again, they managed to cross midfield with less than five minutes remaining on an 11-yard pass from Manning to tight end Martellus Bennett (five catches, 82 yards). But a holding penalty on left tackle Will Beatty negated that and short-circuited the drive.

ImageNew York Daily News
Victor Cruz makes big play, team doesn't earn W.

“I just think we put ourselves in bad situations,” Bennett said. “It seemed like every time we made a big play there was a penalty on us.”

“We really shot ourselves in the foot,” guard Chris Snee added. “You’re not going to win when you have that many penalties on offense. It’s not us. We didn’t play smart football.”

That much was clear from the beginning of the game. Five of the Giants’ offensive penalties came in the first half. That’s why even though they were moving the ball and dominating the time of possession (20:32 to 9:38) they were barely ahead 13-10 at halftime — and that margin came on Lawrence Tynes’ 40-yard field goal on the last play. They did score on three of their four drives – only failing on a 43-yard miss by Tynes in the second quarter.

But penalties caused three of those drives to stall before they even got close to taking a shot at the end zone.

Defensive end Justin Tuck called that “frustrating” because it was uncharacteristic. The Giants’ defense was doing a reasonably good job of keeping the Redskins in check, but the offense couldn’t get in gear at all.

“Our defense held them to 17 points,” Snee said. “For them to do that to that offense (and to lose), we didn’t do our job.”

Still, they all held out hope for one final chance even after the Redskins got the ball back with 3:51 remaining. The Giants had visions of the 77-yard touchdown pass from Manning to Victor Cruz in the final minute that had enabled them to beat the Redskins back in October.

But when Morris burst through the line for a six-yard gain on a third-and-3 with about a minute remaining, the Redskins had done the unthinkable. They ran out the clock on the Giants and kept Manning and his magic off the field.

“Terrible,” Coughlin said. “That’s what you strive for. We talk about finish, finish, finish. I thought we could do that.”

They thought they could put a virtual lock on the division, too, but now if they’re going to repeat as NFC East champs they’re going to have to do it the hard way. They have a treacherous schedule the rest of December, and the Redskins and Cowboys (6-6) are both only a game behind.

“We can’t be stunned by that,” said safety Antrel Rolle. “We made it that way.”

“It would’ve been nice to get that win to give ourselves some breathing room,” added safety Kenny Phillips. “But at the end of the day we’re still in front. This is nothing new for us.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1212844
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:48 am

Countertrey wrote:

Source of contamination:

Spawn 1:

Spawn 2:

Playoff after the body-bag game. Ryan I has insulted Joe Gibbs and the Redskins.

Boswell (I think): Coach Gibbs, what do you think about Buddy Ryan's comments?

Gibbs, holding football, grins widely: "Buddy [smack] Ryan. Bud[smack]dy Ryan. Buddy [SMACK] Ry-an".

In the game, the Hogs ran right at Brown and White, over and over and over. Eagles scored a meaningless TD at the end, score was something like 17 - 10.

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:11 pm

The Loser Boards are pretty great, too.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php ... ailed-king

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football