Skins beat Giants - Postgame thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Skins beat Giants - Postgame thread

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:25 am

Man I hate Monday night games. I'm a zombie at work today.

But,

HTTR
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:36 am

You know what kind of teams show the comraderie and spirit that our team has been showing since the bye?

Super-Bowl teams.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby Redskinsfansince81 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:49 am

I didn't see the second half. How did the Redskins hold them to 3 points?
And how did they score their second td?

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:57 am

Good gave even though RG3 didn't have a good game. He seemed off on some of his passes. Logan Paulsen needs to go.....

Hog

London Fletcher

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:00 am

I have admired this man from day one. He is the heart and soul of our defense however last night really showed how he is a liability in coverage. Bennett abused London all game and I am glad they stopped looking at him in the second half. Don't get me wrong, London was and is a beast but his career is ending very quickly. He looks so much slower this year. I think London could be a coach but I think it's time we invest on his replacement.......

Hog

Postby gushogs » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 am

It feels so goooooooood. Can someone tell me when was the last time we beat 3 NFC east rivals in a row?
On TV Fedex looked like a space ship about to launch....
Great W,
HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

piggie

Postby burgngold4life » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 am

The Giants have a prolific passing attack, one of the best in the league.. and Eli knows where to go against us.

They made everyone on our defense look like liabilities in coverage.

He's playing fine, in my opinion.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 am

Sorry, Fletch has been a big, BIG liability covering TEs all year and it has been very painful to watch.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:18 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Good gave even though RG3 didn't have a good game. He seemed off on some of his passes.

?!?!?!

I must have watched a different game. In the one I saw, the Skins QB had no turnovers, a half-dozen big plays, a TD, RB-level rushing stats, yet another 100+ QB rating . . . oh, and when he got the ball with four minutes left in the game, only up by one point, he lead a drive that finished the Giants off.

Do yourself a favor and get a replay of the game — whatever game you watched couldn't have been nearly as good as the one I saw.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: London Fletcher

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:20 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have admired this man from day one. He is the heart and soul of our defense however last night really showed how he is a liability in coverage. Bennett abused London all game and I am glad they stopped looking at him in the second half. Don't get me wrong, London was and is a beast but his career is ending very quickly. He looks so much slower this year. I think London could be a coach but I think it's time we invest on his replacement.......

He has lost maybe a half step, but I think the reason he was off his game last night was he was playing on an ankle injury that would have kept 90%+ of the league's starters out of the game.

Postby Burnzido » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 am

A few observations about last nights game.

RG3 - is a natural born leader of men. Period. Forget that he can run a 4.3 forty and that he throws the ball with tremendous accuracy. His best atributes are his decision making and leadership skills. That bodes well for the future of this ball club.

Alfred Morris = BEAST! Like he says, "I was built for this" and he showed it last night! After that fumble, this strange calmness washed over me as I watched how angry Alfred was on the sideline. All of the sudden I had no fear of loosing this game. All I could do was hope that young Shanny would keep feeding him the rock. He did. We won.

Young Shanny - For all the criticism he gets for being the Coach's son, the system he has put together for RG3 is nothing short of brilliant.

Haz- is starting to get the most out of his players. His scheme and adjustments in the second half of that ball game were stellar. Once we get some talent in the secondary and get Orakpo back, this team is going to be every other team's worst nightmare.

Fans- I dont think I've heard FedEx Field that loud and hyped up EVER! It gave me goosebumps! I believe a switch went off last night and our young team for the first time truly believed that they were about to beat a great team down. Not hoped, but BELIEVED. The fans could feel it and the players fed off of the energy in the crowd. It was truly amazing!

Damn if feels good to be a Redskins fan!

HTTR

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:30 am

How bad was our defense?

The Giants had 390 in total offense. They scored 1 TD. We held them to a FG and one 3rd down conversion in the 2nd half. Bend don't break early and don't even bend late. I'll take this the rest of the way.

Good job, D.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 am

I was at FEDEX last night as well. The place was packed. Still saw far to many opposing jerseys for my liking, and had some chants of "lets go giants" breaking out around my section.....but those were quickly drowned out by our home crowd getting loud for our defense.

Some great halftime adjustments by our d, gotta admit, as the giants offense dominated us in the first half, especially in top, but only had 13 points to show for it.

The crowd was loud at important points in the game, especially in the 4th qtr. Did not see anyone leaving early, and the stands were packed at kickoff.

Rgiii, morris and garcon are our big 3 playmakers on o. Williams is also a beast who plays hurt and still stuffs the opposition's best rusher. Last night, though, showed me that we can win close games. How big is it that we got the ball with over 3 minutes left in the game, giants had 2 timeouts and the 2 minute warning, and we ran out the clock on them. Outstanding.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 am

rskin72 wrote:Last night, though, showed me that we can win close games. How big is it that we got the ball with over 3 minutes left in the game, giants had 2 timeouts and the 2 minute warning, and we ran out the clock on them. Outstanding.

Agreed. It was so impressive to watch. Especially when on 1st and 10 we ran Morris up the gut 3 times in the last 3 plays for a first down and the win.

That would have been a scoring drive, too. This game was very close, but I actually think the 1-point difference on the scoreboard is misleading. Had the game been just 5 minutes longer we'd have probably won by 8 or more points. By the end of the game we were rolling and the Giants had become hapless.

Hog

Re: London Fletcher

Postby emoses14 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have admired this man from day one. He is the heart and soul of our defense however last night really showed how he is a liability in coverage. Bennett abused London all game and I am glad they stopped looking at him in the second half. Don't get me wrong, London was and is a beast but his career is ending very quickly. He looks so much slower this year. I think London could be a coach but I think it's time we invest on his replacement.......

He has lost maybe a half step, but I think the reason he was off his game last night was he was playing on an ankle injury that would have kept 90%+ of the league's starters out of the game.

Yes. Before I solidify my opinion of Fletch (though I am leaning toward lost a half to full step because of his play earlier in the year when I don't think he was injured) I'd like to see him healthy again (prob. not this year) and watch him play. However, in the meantime, Captain Obvious just mentioned to me that some searching needs be done for his replacement asap.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football