Skins beat Giants - Postgame thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:12 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Good gave even though RG3 didn't have a good game. He seemed off on some of his passes.

?!?!?!

I must have watched a different game. In the one I saw, the Skins QB had no turnovers, a half-dozen big plays, a TD, RB-level rushing stats, yet another 100+ QB rating . . . oh, and when he got the ball with four minutes left in the game, only up by one point, he lead a drive that finished the Giants off.

Do yourself a favor and get a replay of the game — whatever game you watched couldn't have been nearly as good as the one I saw.

Oh Mr. Editor... :oops:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 am

Lead, leads, led. Gotta get the lead out of my head. :lol:

By the way, I wasn't in the gameday discussion, but I hope our fans were noticing how awesome Darrel Young was last night. He has quickly become one of my favorite players to watch.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 am

Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Good gave even though RG3 didn't have a good game. He seemed off on some of his passes.

?!?!?!

I must have watched a different game. In the one I saw, the Skins QB had no turnovers, a half-dozen big plays, a TD, RB-level rushing stats, yet another 100+ QB rating . . . oh, and when he got the ball with four minutes left in the game, only up by one point, he lead a drive that finished the Giants off.

Do yourself a favor and get a replay of the game — whatever game you watched couldn't have been nearly as good as the one I saw.

Oh Mr. Editor... :oops:

LOL. RGIII didn't have a good game...

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 am

I was listening to the Redskins post game show interview with RGIII this morning. I couldn't believe how many times Robert said "Like Rex says" or "Well Rex told me". haha. I'm not exaggerating at all. He must have mentioned Grossman four times in the five minute interview.

I gotta admit I was one of those saying let's give Grossman's spot to somebody else if he is going to be the number 3. It sounds though like he has been an asset for RGIII.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 am

riggofan wrote:I was listening to the Redskins post game show interview with RGIII this morning. I couldn't believe how many times Robert said "Like Rex says" or "Well Rex told me". haha. I'm not exaggerating at all. He must have mentioned Grossman four times in the five minute interview.

I gotta admit I was one of those saying let's give Grossman's spot to somebody else if he is going to be the number 3. It sounds though like he has been an asset for RGIII.

He has been vocal about his willingness to be a mentor: http://www.theonion.com/articles/rex-gr ... h-r,28090/
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:59 am

its always a good day when Joe goes to a game and doesn't fight anyone but gets stupid drunk.

my head is starting to finally level out thank goodness.

skins4life!

ok, good night. lol
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:15 pm

If that guy doesn't get Griffin's jersey on that 46 yard run, he might have scored. His speed is ridiculous. Loved the graphic that ESPN showed during the game which broke down the speed of RGIII's release (being the same as Aaron Rodgers) and his explosiveness being on par with Adrian Peterson's.

This dudue is a freak.

Ryan Kerrigan has to step his game up though. I thought he was a bit better than Orakpo for a time last year. But, it's clear who is the better pass rusher now.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:32 pm

The Hogster wrote:If that guy doesn't get Griffin's jersey on that 46 yard run, he might have scored. His speed is ridiculous. Loved the graphic that ESPN showed during the game which broke down the speed of RGIII's release (being the same as Aaron Rodgers) and his explosiveness being on par with Adrian Peterson's.

This dudue is a freak.

Ryan Kerrigan has to step his game up though. I thought he was a bit better than Orakpo for a time last year. But, it's clear who is the better pass rusher now.

What's more, I think it was always Orakpo's presence that was actually aiding how well Kerrigan was doing in the first place.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Don't forget Carricker as well. He occupied blockers very well which let Kerrigan do his thing. Carricker's absence has been very underrated by a lot of people. Oh and losing Orakpo sucks too.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:its always a good day when Joe goes to a game and doesn't fight anyone but gets stupid drunk.

my head is starting to finally level out thank goodness.

skins4life!

ok, good night. lol

Man, wish I was there, looked like the place was bouncing!!! RFK style...

Must have been a great night...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:57 pm

The Hogster wrote:If that guy doesn't get Griffin's jersey on that 46 yard run, he might have scored. His speed is ridiculous. Loved the graphic that ESPN showed during the game which broke down the speed of RGIII's release (being the same as Aaron Rodgers) and his explosiveness being on par with Adrian Peterson's.

This dudue is a freak.

Do you think that Orakpo would still be getting sacks or generating QB pressure if the tables were turned and Kerrigan and Carriker were both out?

My guess is probably not. I think we're seeing proof that all three players need to be present in order for the current scheme to be effective.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:07 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:

This dudue is a freak.

Do you think that Orakpo would still be getting sacks or generating QB pressure if the tables were turned and Kerrigan and Carriker were both out?

My guess is probably not. I think we're seeing proof that all three players need to be present in order for the current scheme to be effective.

Well, Orakpo had 11 sacks without either Carriker or Kerrigan in 2009. Granted, that was a different scheme altogether. But that number would suggest that, yes, Orakpo would still be getting sacks/generating pressure without the other 2. I DO NOT THINK there would be no drop off, but I DO THINK he'd be doing better than Kerrigan is. That is because I think he is better than Kerrigan (which is a nice because I think Kerrigan is good and will be really good).
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:07 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:

This dudue is a freak.

They work hand in hand, but Orakpo had a better season without Kerrigan than vice versa. And, like I said, I thought Kerrigan was a bit better. It could all change with a couple of 2 sack games.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Oh...who won the game?

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:09 pm

I see: the REDSKINS beat the giants.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Fight for old DC!!!!!!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football