Andrew Luck

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Andrew Luck

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm

It's really only because we got RGIII (whom I want to clearly win RoY) that I find myself rooting against Luck.

But his come back win over the Lions today to win on 4th down with :04 seconds left in the fourth; he's a helluva QB
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4916
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:09 pm

I didn't see the game, but he was under three hundred yards in the fourth, then almost dropp 400. I'm like you, rooting against him so RGiii gets ROY, and I added stats to my Sig lmao :up:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:25 pm

His Colts were down by 12 with five minutes to go. They scored, Detroit only got as far as midfield and punted.

Indy got the ball on their own 25 and had 1:19 needing a touchdown. He drove them down the field and was fourth and goal with :04 seconds left.

I gotta say it was all Luck
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

08 Champ
Posts: 13930
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:29 pm

as some here will remember I have always felt that Robert Griffin III was the better choice of the 2 QBs - for the long term

I know that Canes wanted Luck - I'm thrilled that we got RG3 - he's going to show that he's the best Redskins QB EVER

Andrew Luck came into the NFL as the better NFL QB - now he's showing why he's considered the better of the 2

I really believe both will be great QBs over time but I think that right now Andrew Luck and RG3 are both very special QBs

The only QBs that I care about are in the NFC East - and we are not far from having the best one :lol:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4916
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:45 pm

I don't think anything he did vs the terrible defense of Detroit constitutes praise of being "better" then Rgiii. No need to argue about it but get real man! Had rgiii had a decent D our record would be as good or better... Late game heroics? Game one vs NYG. Not sure how you even type some of the crap you do on here with out feeling embarrassed
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

ATX
Posts: 3385
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:55 pm

I hope both QB's (especially Robert) continue to play great so that this will still be debated 10 years from now.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

08 Champ
Posts: 13930
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:30 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I don't think anything he did vs the terrible defense of Detroit constitutes praise of being "better" then Rgiii. No need to argue about it but get real man! Had rgiii had a decent D our record would be as good or better... Late game heroics? Game one vs NYG. Not sure how you even type some of the crap you do on here with out feeling embarrassed


Thanks for the opportunity to help you a little - although that will not be easy :roll:

I am not arguing about anything - Andrew Luck is highly regarded and has been considered better prepared for the NFL than RG3 - that's NOT A BIG DEAL - that's only an opinion .. that OPINION is held by most knowledgeable media & fans - get over it - WHO CARES

the only thing important here is that RG3 is a great help to this Redskins franchise and IMO we are better of with him than Andrew Luck

coulda, woulda, shoulda - we are who we are - we are NOT who we might be

speaking of crap - I must admit I have a bit of trouble with a lot of your posts because they're full of BS and the grammar indicates some bad schooling ... if any :roll:



RG3 is our QB - nobody really cares how much better other fans and media think Andrew Luck is

Luck is not a Redskin and I doubt that anyone here would want him even if we could get him - GET OVER IT & grow up
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4916
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:57 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I don't think anything he did vs the terrible defense of Detroit constitutes praise of being "better" then Rgiii. No need to argue about it but get real man! Had rgiii had a decent D our record would be as good or better... Late game heroics? Game one vs NYG. Not sure how you even type some of the crap you do on here with out feeling embarrassed


Thanks for the opportunity to help you a little - although that will not be easy :roll:

I am not arguing about anything - Andrew Luck is highly regarded and has been considered better prepared for the NFL than RG3 - that's NOT A BIG DEAL - that's only an opinion .. that OPINION is held by most knowledgeable media & fans - get over it - WHO CARES

the only thing important here is that RG3 is a great help to this Redskins franchise and IMO we are better of with him than Andrew Luck

coulda, woulda, shoulda - we are who we are - we are NOT who we might be

speaking of crap - I must admit I have a bit of trouble with a lot of your posts because they're full of BS and the grammar indicates some bad schooling ... if any :roll:



RG3 is our QB - nobody really cares how much better other fans and media think Andrew Luck is

Luck is not a Redskin and I doubt that anyone here would want him even if we could get him - GET OVER IT & grow up


Ooooo burn!
And such a grammatical delight! Lmfao

Did you see the special about Luck being considered as the best rookie of all time???
Didn't thinks so.
Most analysts are on the, logical, Rgiii train. Our D is the only thing keeping luck in the ROY conversation.
Nice article about Rgiii in hogwash... Mentions him leading ALL qbs in accuracy, just sayin.
Good chat sj, tell ms and the fo hi for me k?

Anyway, yes luck is damn good... Not much people saying he is better or more "nfl" ready then Rgiii, nowadays, though. The colts schedule definitely helps their record, or is that my non schooling again? How much ints does he have?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Posts: 13930
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:... Ooooo burn!
And such a grammatical delight! Lmfao

Did you see the special about Luck being considered as the best rookie of all time???
Didn't thinks so...

WRONG - yes, I did see that ... :lol:
Most analysts are on the, logical, Rgiii train. Our D is the only thing keeping Luck in the ROY conversation.
Nice article about Rgiii in hogwash... Mentions him leading ALL qbs in accuracy, just sayin.
Good chat sj, tell ms and the fo hi for me k?

Anyway, yes luck is damn good... Not much people saying he is better or more "nfl" ready then Rgiii, nowadays, though.... How much ints does he have?


I'm not sure but I'll take it that your OPINION is that RG3 is playing better than Luck AT THIS TIME and I agree with that

our D has nothing to do with the comparison between the 2 QBs

I'll repeat ...

Luck came into the NFL, BETTER PREPARED to play in the NFL and he has shown that he's looking like living up to the expectations

RG3 IN MY OPINION came into the league with a greater desire to be as good as he can be

I ALSO think that Mike & Bruce saw a BETTER QB FOR THE REDSKINS in years to come in RG3

I think that RG3 has a really great chance to be both ROY and NFL MVP - how great is it that he and Morris are playing like they are
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4916
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:42 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:... Ooooo burn!
And such a grammatical delight! Lmfao

Did you see the special about Luck being considered as the best rookie of all time???
Didn't thinks so...

WRONG - yes, I did see that ... :lol:



WRONG. That special was about RGIII, NOT Luck.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4916
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Now FWIW the only reason luck is ahead of rgiii in any Roy talk is directly impacted by our D and their strength.of schedule (or.lack there of). Because they have a better record he is being praised with turning the team around single handidly... This is false. And exactly why our D is relevant in the conversation. Rgiii is better in every category to judge a qb except for total yards... Only he has much less attempts.

We can agree Rgiii is playing as good (or better) now, but I never thought luck was better in NCAA or leading up to the season. I think stats back my.claims, and this "learning curves" has been non existant for rgiii.

Not bashing.luck, but the media was wrong... Rgiii is more accurate and athletic then Luck, has a quicker higher release.. and well is producing better except for in the W column. Thank the D for that.
Oh and I love how many records rgiii has broke... Haven't counted how many Luck has?
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Posts: 13930
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:13 am

:lol: well that ^^ clears it up :lol:

back to reality :roll:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4916
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 pm

The hell u even talkin about? I'll move on and am cool to disagree... I back.my.opinions and statements with stats and facts.
Saying luck is better at anything other then making more pass attempts per game is retarded
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Luck has 503 ATT 279 COMP 3596 YDS 17 TD 16 INT

If RG3 had 503 ATT it would look something like this 338 COMP 4125 YDS 26 TD 6 INT!!!!

The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:Luck has 503 ATT 279 COMP 3596 YDS 17 TD 16 INT

If RG3 had 503 ATT it would look something like this 338 COMP 4125 YDS 26 TD 6 INT!!!!


When you look at the Colts, you see very quickly why Andrew Luck is putting up these kinds of numbers. He has to.

They have no running game to speak of. They are ranked 18th in rushing yards, and average 3.9 ypc. Luck is responsible for 5 of their 9 rushing TDs.

The Colts may have two more wins than us, but I doubt they finish any better than 10-6 (considering they face Houston twice in their remaining four games.

Indy has only two wins where they've won by more than four points. Their largest margin of victory has been 17-points. Three of their four losses have been by 20+ points.

In contrast, four of the Redskins' six wins have been by 7 or more points Their largest margin of victory has been 25-points. The Redskins have yet to lose a game by more than 15 and five of their six losses have been by 8 points or less.

What does this mean? Griffin usually isn't playing catch-up. He doesn't usually find himself having to put together last minute miracle finishes. While they are fun to watch, and impressive when done by more than a field goal, the fact is that game winning drives is not necessarily a good stat for a QB.

Sure it shows you can get it done when you need to, but if you're really good (or have the benefit of a good defense) you shouldn't have to lead a last minute scoring drive to win.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Return to Around the League