RGIII taking too many hits?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:11 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote:The Skins are 3 point favorites against Baltimore. :shock:

I like being the underdog though.

Me too. They are saying the teams are equal but we give 3 at home. Interesting. Ravens can be run on. Their O is better but still not great.

Their O is better at what? Then what?
Our run D is stout... And flacco sux... I like our match up actually.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 pm

I think it is a good matchup for us. We are good against the run and their passing game isn't as good as others we have faced. Their D, esp if Suggs is out, can be had. We need to play well, but it can be done.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 am

FLWSkin wrote:they really struggle on the road

Not such a long road, though. Expect many Ravens fans at the game.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:47 am

FLWSkin wrote:I think it is a good matchup for us. We are good against the run and their passing game isn't as good as others we have faced. Their D, esp if Suggs is out, can be had. We need to play well, but it can be done.

+1. Flacco is up and down. Their offense is Ray Rice. We've been good against the run, but will need to stop him on those short passes and screens also.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:48 am

Deadskins wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:they really struggle on the road

Not such a long road, though. Expect many Ravens fans at the game.

Even though Baltimore is the City that Reads, I'm not sure Raven's fans know how to read a map, follow GPS or decipher a train schedule.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:26 am

FLWSkin wrote:I feel the same when I hear about the "miraculous" year the Colts are having. Give us Miami, Titans x2 Jags x2 and the rest of their schedule and I'd love to see where we would be.

Exactly. The Colts also tanked games last year (to ensure the first overall pick) by purposely fielding a crappy lineup and by allowing Caldwell to continue coaching despite the obvious fact that he had lost the team. I would be surprised if they even gameplanned the second half of the season.

This means that their "remarkable turnaround" this year is mostly smoke and mirrors as well.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

08 Champ

Re: RGIII taking too many hits?

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:37 am

riggofan wrote:I was a little worried about Gruden during the MNF game, he had his panties so twisted up over RGIII getting hit. Here's my question to you guys. Is this stuff about RGIII taking too many hits, risking his career, durability, etc; completely over hyped or what?

I understand Griffin is a mobile guy and puts himself at risk sometimes when he scrambles. He's also not the biggest QB out there. But has he really been hit that much more or that much worse than any other QB in the league?

I'll just finish my question with this. RGIII is 6'2" 217 and has been sacked 25 times this season. Three more times than 6'0 209 lbs Drew Brees. 14 times less than 6'2" 225 lbs Aaron Rodgers. So why all the hyperventilating over Griffin?

NO WORRIES riggofan - the media loves to create things and hype stuff ...

I'm not worried about the hits - this kid is evolving, AND the offense is evolving

here's a piece from Steve Young

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... rom-pocket

I really think that we're going to see Kyle and RG3 continue to adapt the pistol offense BUT at the same time I believe they are constantly adding and tweaking the plays - RG3 is not going to be 'put at risk' here - these guys (Mike & Kyle & RG3) are setting the table and where going to be feasting for a long, long time
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:50 am

But but ESPN has said our offense is just a gimmick.....and we know they can't be wrong.... :roll:

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:16 am

SkinsJock wrote:NO WORRIES riggofan - the media loves to create things and hype stuff ...

I'm not worried about the hits - this kid is evolving, AND the offense is evolving

here's a piece from Steve Young

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... rom-pocket

I really think that we're going to see Kyle and RG3 continue to adapt the pistol offense BUT at the same time I believe they are constantly adding and tweaking the plays - RG3 is not going to be 'put at risk' here - these guys (Mike & Kyle & RG3) are setting the table and where going to be feasting for a long, long time

It seems to me that RG3 has been passing from the pocket a lot more in the last 3 wins, including several TDs from the pocket. People see what they want to see when they want to have things to complain about. Case in point: The Giants Board post-Skins game.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:35 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote:The Skins are 3 point favorites against Baltimore. :shock:

I like being the underdog though.

Me too. They are saying the teams are equal but we give 3 at home. Interesting. Ravens can be run on. Their O is better but still not great.

Their O is better at what? Then what?
Our run D is stout... And flacco sux... I like our match up actually.

Raven's are an enigma. Great record, but both their offense and defense are ranked in the lower half of the league. They could be a paper tiger, surviving on breaks and poor opponents. Maybe they have done it with mirrors. Ray is out, Reed is having a poor tackling year and is not what he used to be. We could win this one with less difficulty than expected-- here's hoping. My heart could use a breather. One of these days, RG3 is going to hit about twenty passes in a row, Alfred will run for 200, and the D is going to look good. Can't wait.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:04 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:We could win this one with less difficulty than expected-- here's hoping. My heart could use a breather.

The Philly and Dallas games weren't enough of one? ;)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:08 am

I'll agree to an extent CH1 - the Ravens of the last 3 weeks are not as much of a worry ..

The Ravens do have a very good coach and Boldin and Rice are top quality offensive players

I think we should win this game but it will require a very good game by the Redskins and some mistakes by the Ravens

the Redskins in the last 3 games basically dictated and refused to lose - IF we play with that same intensity - WE WIN

the ravens have not played well recently but they are a solid team and they are well coached
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:40 am

SkinsJock wrote:I really think that we're going to see Kyle and RG3 continue to adapt the pistol offense BUT at the same time I believe they are constantly adding and tweaking the plays - RG3 is not going to be 'put at risk' here - these guys (Mike & Kyle & RG3) are setting the table and where going to be feasting for a long, long time

SJ, you almost sound pro-Kyle there!! :)

I agree with what you wrote and the above comment about RGIII passing from the pocket more lately. I think we have to admit that a big reason we have all of these runs, designed and not, is that our offensive line still isn't that good. RGIII in the pistol formation keeps defenses on their heels and takes a lot of the pressure off our o-line. It kind of is what it is. I suspect the line would look a lot different with Jason Campbell standing back there like a statue.

Man, just think about this offense in the years ahead. Fred Davis back healthy. Garcon at 100%. An upgrade at RT. How about Roy Helu back to add a little change of pace to Alfred Morris? This is just the beginning, friends...

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Peter King today GUSHING over the offense:

what's so impressive about the offense is that the cat-quickness of a guy like Pierre-Paul is neutered when he has to be disciplined and stay with his assignment rather than chase the quarterback like he'd do normally.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z2EOVpkS8k

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:51 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I really think that we're going to see Kyle and RG3 continue to adapt the pistol offense BUT at the same time I believe they are constantly adding and tweaking the plays - RG3 is not going to be 'put at risk' here - these guys (Mike & Kyle & RG3) are setting the table and where going to be feasting for a long, long time

SJ, you almost sound pro-Kyle there!! :)

true dat - GULP :oops:

I agree with what you wrote and the above comment about RGIII passing from the pocket more lately. I think we have to admit that a big reason we have all of these runs, designed and not, is that our offensive line still isn't that good. RGIII in the pistol formation keeps defenses on their heels and takes a lot of the pressure off our o-line. It kind of is what it is. I suspect the line would look a lot different with Jason Campbell standing back there like a statue.

Man, just think about this offense in the years ahead. Fred Davis back healthy. Garcon at 100%. An upgrade at RT. How about Roy Helu back to add a little change of pace to Alfred Morris? This is just the beginning, friends...

I'm looking forward to the RG3 offense ... even with Kyle :twisted:

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football