Garcon back, Banks should be benched, Cooley needs touches

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:30 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:In regards to Cooley he has been back long enough that even when Paulsen is dropping passes, Niles Paul is dropping passes and Paulsen is holding Cooley still isn't seeing the field. I think that speaks VOLUMES, don't you??

Yes, but I don't agree with you about the volumes it speaks. You say the volumes are saying that Cooley doesn't have what it takes. I say they are saying that Kyle really wants to get Paulsen and Paul the playing time, even if they aren't necessarily tearing it up out there. :idea:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 am

markshark84 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:Being in the front office in the NFL is sometimes a very cut throat business. We don't "owe" Colley anything.

Thank you FLWSkin this crazy bandwagon crap is nuts. Chris Cooley WAS good but he isn't anymore. People need to understand that. I understand he was a fan favorite, but if you don't have enough speed to outrun a defensive tackle you can't get open, so you don't make catches. Some fools on here must think he is another Tony Gonzales......SMH!!! :lol: :lol:

I agree that we do not owe Cooley a thing. If a player is done, you need to cut him. That is what the good teams do. Cooley isn't Monk or Green. He isn't even Rypien and he got thrown out 1.5 seasons after his shoulder injury in the pro bowl.

First, I have never considered Cooley one of my "favorites" -- at all -- but there is no denying he was a quality TE (and is on a team that needs one) and has not technically reached the "regression" age for a TE.

That said, I am VERY curious how you KNOW that Cooley is "not good anymore". Are you at practice daily or are you just judging by what you have see on the field??? --- which I KNOW is not enough to formulate an opinion (this coming from someone who doesn't need much to formulate an opinion). After all, he was in on only 5 offensive plays (out of 54) last week.....

Regarding Cooley's inability to out-run a DT: Cooley has never been very fast, but that is taking it WAY to far. Besides, he was able to out-run DTs when he was playing and we haven't seen him make a catch this year, so I'm not sure how you can make this determination.

So, lets make some conclusions about Cooley that can actually be supported by facts. Sorry, but wording a complete opinion as if it is a fact doesn't it make it so. None of your conclusions can be verified.

That said, I don't think it is out of the question to say Cooley has lost a step or perhaps that his 2010 injury was more permanent than most thought. Those are things that are accurate (or at least have the possibility of being true). But I think we actually need something verifiable before we can write off the Skins all-time TE receiptions leader. I also would LOVE to know Cooleys relationship with MS/KS...

My opinions on Cooley are from what I have seen since preseason, I also think that RG3 telling the public that he wants to throw to Cooley and Cooley STILL NOT GETTING ANY PLAYING TIME is surely making my opinion somewhat credible. Heck let's look at last Monday's game, we had Logan being called for holding, plus dropping passes, then let's look at Niles Paul who I think isn't a good Tight End either also drop a pass and he has pretty much has had dropsies all season has he not? I counted Chris in on one play, ONE PLAY and I understand it's not like the offense had many plays in the first half, however one must deduce that the lack of playing time Chris has received ESPECIALLY with the decrease in TE production would surely point to the fact that he simply doesn't have it, isn't trusted by the coaching staff and most likely was only brought back for the fans sake........... :?

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:41 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:In regards to Cooley he has been back long enough that even when Paulsen is dropping passes, Niles Paul is dropping passes and Paulsen is holding Cooley still isn't seeing the field. I think that speaks VOLUMES, don't you??

Yes, but I don't agree with you about the volumes it speaks. You say the volumes are saying that Cooley doesn't have what it takes. I say they are saying that Kyle really wants to get Paulsen and Paul the playing time, even if they aren't necessarily tearing it up out there. :idea:

Hmm checkmate, good point can't argue that one...... :wink:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:43 am

Deadskins wrote:Yes, but I don't agree with you about the volumes it speaks. You say the volumes are saying that Cooley doesn't have what it takes. I say they are saying that Kyle really wants to get Paulsen and Paul the playing time, even if they aren't necessarily tearing it up out there. :idea:

It definitely looks that way. I don't see how anyone could argue that Cooley doesn't have what it takes if we've never seen a ball thrown his way this season.

I think you're right that they're taking their lumps with Paulsen/Paul right now with their eyes on the future. Hopefully it pays off.

08 Champ

Re: Garcon back, Banks should be benched, Cooley needs touch

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:04 am

fleetus wrote:Now that Garcon is back in the starting lineup, I hope we can end those completely ineffective plays where Banks shifts to the backfield. Has Banks made it past the line of scrimmage once?

I'm also tired of seeing Banks making poor KR/PR decisions, including running the PR out of the end zone this week and being stuffed inside the 10. These poor decisions plus his fumbles have far outweighed the few returns he has broken for significant yardage.

Nothing against Paulsen but I'd like to see Cooley get a few touches. He's made some nice blocks, but with his hands I would think he'd be a great outlet receiver for RG3.

Garcon's success coincides IMO with this offense evolving to be VERY effective to the extent that the giants front 4 had no idea what was happening

Garcon is also a very good WR and obviously Kyle and RG3 take advantage of that

Banks OTOH has had his chances offensively and I doubt they use him much, if at all ...

I do think that we'll see Cooley help this offense before he leaves the team .. Chris still has some good plays in him and I'm sure Kyle will take advantage of his ability to help when the stuff hits the fan and you need Captain Clutch to do his thing
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:36 am

Captain "Clutch" dropped a TD pass against Seattle in 07 and cost us a playoff win. Just sayin ;)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:32 am

FLWSkin wrote:Captain "Clutch" dropped a TD pass against Seattle in 07 and cost us a playoff win. Just sayin ;)

WHAT does anything that happened in 2007 have to do with this?

You're not hinting at something OR ... are you?
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Mostly saying Chris has been an above average player on mostly crappy teams and his one shot to do something that could have really made a difference, he dropped the ball. I don't consider him clutch in any way.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:50 pm

FLWSkin wrote:Mostly saying Chris has been an above average player on mostly crappy teams and his one shot to do something that could have really made a difference, he dropped the ball. I don't consider him clutch in any way.

Ah... He was drafted by the skins in like 04, and we are the only crappy team he ever played with. Bring up one dumb drop for CC, and trying to discount him is beyond ignorant! He bleeds B&G, hates the pukes, and is one of/ if not THE greatest TE in our franchises history.
Hes as clutch as we've ever had man! Now argue away about.him having nothing left to give and ill be a skeptic and say we shall see. To say he ain't never been or done anything... Well them is fighting words!
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Sorry. I've been watching the Skins since 1970. I've seen all the greats. Cooley is decent. It doesn't matter to me he has only played for us, Monk, Clark, Charley Taylor, Roy Jefferson, Jerry Smith and Ricky Sanders were clutch. Cooley is decent. That's it.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:59 pm

FLWSkin wrote:Mostly saying Chris has been an above average player on mostly crappy teams and his one shot to do something that could have really made a difference, he dropped the ball. I don't consider him clutch in any way.

-drinking
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:06 pm

Not drinking. Just stating my opinion. You don't have to agree.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:26 pm

FLWSkin wrote:Sorry. I've been watching the Skins since 1970. I've seen all the greats. Cooley is decent. It doesn't matter to me he has only played for us, Monk, Clark, Charley Taylor, Roy Jefferson, Jerry Smith and Ricky Sanders were clutch. Cooley is decent. That's it.

:shock:
Couldn't disagree with you any more. And the stats back me up. Yes, he has been out of the picture the last couple of years, but '04-'09 he was as good as we've ever had.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:27 pm

FLWSkin wrote:Not drinking. Just stating my opinion. You don't have to agree.

Reality doesn't have to agree, either. :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Hey guys, not sure if you heard yet but Cooley isn't very good anymore. Drop the obsession.

"But, but, he bleeds B&G..." Shut up, sit down, and play with the bag of cheerios in your fanny pack.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football