Not too early to start a Skins v. Buzzards game thread!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~~~

Not too early to start a Skins v. Buzzards game thread!

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:37 am

If you ask me, that whole situation with "game time" decision to play Suggs or not is bogus. If he plays and gets re-injured, he is out for the rest of the season. My Hognostication is that he does not play at all.

They are just telling this line to make our OL prepare for him.

It has been a LONG time since a game in December matters towards the playoffs. It has been an equal long time since we face these buzzards with a real chance to beat them.

I count on:

1) Flacco to screw it up,
2) Harbaugh to call more pass than run plays,
3) Rice to get few chances,
4) Our OL to handle their pass rush, and
5) Garcon, Morris and RG III to have a great day.

Gotta keep an eye on Ed Reed though. :wink:

Odds are in our favor -2.5 47.5 under 110

Very even for a home team.

HTTR
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 am

After seeing how Suggs was holding his arm last Sunday, I can't see him playing. They might try later, but if he messes it up more, they are taking a chance on losing him next season too. Not worth the risk IMHO.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:43 am

There is NO WAY that ANY coach would risk losing a player of that caliber for the whole next season .. NO WAY

IF Suggs is playing, THAT 'possibility' is just simply not FACT

I do think this is a V important game for the ravens but I agree with a number of assessments from RiC

we continue to find a way to win and the ravens continue to find ways to lose important games :wink:
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby ACW » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:32 am

If we lose because I didn't start the game thread... :thump: :lowblow:

Hoping for a shootout. Got Morris, Garcon, Kai, Boldin in fantasy.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:37 am

I would never say this game is a real rivalry, but it has special meaning for me living near both DC and Baltimore. The Ravens and their fans simply get on my nerves. They've had relatively good luck over the last decade while we've had relatively bad luck. There is a real air of entitlement about these guys, especially with respect to their defense — but that sense of entitlement has been beautifully evaporating over the last few years.

Whoever wins this game gets to forget about the other team for a few years — for me, that would be the best part about winning this one.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:55 am

Keep Rice bottled up as much as possible and don't let Flacco get on any kind of a roll. I think we can win this one!

The Ravens are a good team, and I've always loved watching Ray Lewis play. Thank god he won't be out there this Sunday.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Ravens need one more win (or one more Steelers loss) to clinch their division. We need this game much more than they do.

It's the classic story about the fox and the rabbit

The fox is running for his dinner, the rabbit is running for his life
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Stack the box,, double Smith, and force them to try to beat us with Flaccid and Boldin.

Nothing deep from Flaccid, please (that's what she said).
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:I would never say this game is a real rivalry, but it has special meaning for me living near both DC and Baltimore. The Ravens and their fans simply get on my nerves. They've had relatively good luck over the last decade while we've had relatively bad luck. There is a real air of entitlement about these guys, especially with respect to their defense — but that sense of entitlement has been beautifully evaporating over the last few years.

Whoever wins this game gets to forget about the other team for a few years — for me, that would be the best part about winning this one.

The Colts used to be a rival in the 50s and 60s. The Skins were so bad during GP Marshal's last years, and the Colts were so good, that "some people" used to turn their new-fangled motorized antennas to watch the Colts. Arguments in junior high between loyal Redskin fans and kids who were "seduced" by the winners up the BW Parkway.

Hard to taken the Browns/Ravens seriously, but I dislike them. Should have stayed in Cleveland.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:06 pm

DarthMonk wrote: Nothing deep from Flaccid, please (that's what she said).

Well played, sir! =D>
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

swine

Postby JiveTurkee » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:13 am

I am hoping Cam Cameron puts the game in Bert Flaccid's hands and out of Ray Rice's hands. Then RGIII can carve up the Ratbirds. Morris should have a field day.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:13 am

No news for Suggs yet. We'll see.

Prognostications for a win are evenly divided among "experts" for this game.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:47 am

ACW wrote:If we lose because I didn't start the game thread... :thump: :lowblow:

Hoping for a shootout. Got Morris, Garcon, Kai, Boldin in fantasy.

Are we undefeated when you start it? Just askin.

For what it's worth the game opened at even, the public has bet us, and the line has moved to us by 2.5. Pretty standard. Vegas just wants to even up the bets and then take their 10% on this one.

I think we are the better team at this moment but we are in a tougher spot coming off a big win on Monday while the Ravens are coming off a loss to a rival. There is also more pressure on us. Griff seems to thrive on that though. Here's to hoping HIS confidence continues to spread.

I want to pressure Flaccid from his right. Make him move to his left. C'mon Kerrigan and Jenkins.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:55 am

I love the logic of the prognosticators. The sloggy field will slow down RG III and the Skins offense, but Flacco will open things up with a dynamic offense. OK.......... Thanks Michael Lombardi. Do you even listen to yourself? ;)

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:18 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:I love the logic of the prognosticators. The sloggy field will slow down RG III and the Skins offense, but Flacco will open things up with a dynamic offense. OK.......... Thanks Michael Lombardi. Do you even listen to yourself? ;)

Idiots.

Our field is a disgrace, though. C'mon, Danny. Spend some bucks on a hybrid field.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football