What, no Ravens vs Skins game thread or post game thread?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

What, no Ravens vs Skins game thread or post game thread?

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:56 pm

You guys are slackin. My thoughts can be summed up pretty quickly...I'm elated with the victory and I hope RGIII doesn't have to miss any games as that will certainly mean an end to the Skins play-off run...but I gotta ask, what the he11 was going on with the offensive play calling? Between the 1st qtr and the final drive that forced OT, the offense basically did nothing. It seemed like every play was nothing but trickery stuff and there was only one downfield pass attempt the entire game. Why did they go away from the play calling they were using in the 1st qtr as the Ravens D couldn't seem to figure out a way to stop them. The Skins O was pretty much doing whatever they wanted....they scored 2 TDs, then they stopped doing what was successful and started the trickery stuff, which wasn't working. Puzzling.

Again, great victory, but the injury to RGIII could cost us the play-offs...

Hog

Re: What, no Ravens vs Skins game thread or post game thread

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:57 pm

grampi wrote:You guys are slackin. My thoughts can be summed up pretty quickly...I'm elated with the victory and I hope RGIII doesn't have to miss any games as that will certainly mean an end to the Skins play-off run...but I gotta ask, what the he11 was going on with the offensive play calling? Between the 1st qtr and the final drive that forced OT, the offense basically did nothing. It seemed like every play was nothing but trickery stuff and there was only one downfield pass attempt the entire game. Why did they go away from the play calling they were using in the 1st qtr as the Ravens D couldn't seem to figure out a way to stop them. The Skins O was pretty much doing whatever they wanted....they scored 2 TDs, then they stopped doing what was successful and started the trickery stuff, which wasn't working. Puzzling.

Yeah look below

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
grampi wrote:You guys are slackin. My thoughts can be summed up pretty quickly...I'm elated with the victory and I hope RGIII doesn't have to miss any games as that will certainly mean an end to the Skins play-off run...but I gotta ask, what the he11 was going on with the offensive play calling? Between the 1st qtr and the final drive that forced OT, the offense basically did nothing. It seemed like every play was nothing but trickery stuff and there was only one downfield pass attempt the entire game. Why did they go away from the play calling they were using in the 1st qtr as the Ravens D couldn't seem to figure out a way to stop them. The Skins O was pretty much doing whatever they wanted....they scored 2 TDs, then they stopped doing what was successful and started the trickery stuff, which wasn't working. Puzzling.

Yeah look below

Does grampi = grumpy or grandpa?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:06 pm

My bad, I didn't see the Buzzards thread, and someone started a post game thread between the time I started this one and when I actually posted it. I was gonna delete it, but apparently I can't now that there are replys posted....

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Can't you say the same thing about the Ravens, though?

I know its frustrating for fans when every drive doesn't result in a score, but that's the game. I think the Skins' first possession of the the second half, they tried to do exactly what they did in the first half and got a quick three and out for it. I would guess the Ravens made some adjustments at half time. You know. Because they are a pretty good football team.

We also had some drives stall from dropped passes early in the 3d quarter. I guess we're going back to blaming this on "play calling". LMFAO.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Both teams stopped throwing in the second half for the most part. I noticed everyone was in the big spikes on their cleats which does slow players down a bit. Maybe the WRs weren't getting much in separation?

It was apparent the field was slick in the first half. Guess it never really dried out
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:14 pm

I guess the Ravens didn't scream and yell quite enough before the game.

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:15 pm

riggofan wrote:

Can't you say the same thing about the Ravens, though?

I know its frustrating for fans when every drive doesn't result in a score, but that's the game. I think the Skins' first possession of the the second half, they tried to do exactly what they did in the first half and got a quick three and out for it. I would guess the Ravens made some adjustments at half time. You know. Because they are a pretty good football team.

We also had some drives stall from dropped passes early in the 3d quarter. I guess we're going back to blaming this on "play calling". LMFAO.

I don't expect a score on every drive, but when you've got something working as well as the Skins O was going in the 1st qtr, you stick with it until the other team figures out a way to stop it. I'd buy that they were up against a good D and that D just made some good adjustments, but the Ravens D is depleted...their 2 best players were out...the Skins should've at least been able to make more downfiled attemps...yes there were some dropped passes, but I think most of the Os lack of productions was because of poor play calling....

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football