POSTGAME Skins v. Buzzards thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:07 pm

My thoughts can be summed up pretty quickly...I'm elated with the victory and I hope RGIII doesn't have to miss any games as that will certainly mean an end to the Skins play-off run...but I gotta ask, what the he11 was going on with the offensive play calling? Between the 1st qtr and the final drive that forced OT, the offense basically did nothing. It seemed like every play was nothing but trickery stuff and there was only one downfield pass attempt the entire game. Why did they go away from the play calling they were using in the 1st qtr as the Ravens D couldn't seem to figure out a way to stop them. The Skins O was pretty much doing whatever they wanted....they scored 2 TDs, then they stopped doing what was successful and started the trickery stuff, which wasn't working. Puzzling.

Again, great victory, but the injury to RGIII could cost us the play-offs...

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:09 pm

The Ravens have a really good D that makes a lot of adjustments.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Griffin post game:

"Shouldn't be ACL. I know what that feels like," he said. "I'll be all right."

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:13 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:I'm hoping its just an MCL sprain and RGIII is back in two weeks. We can win without him next week in CLE.

i am more worried about the browns game than the ravens game.....browns are good...dont overlook them cuz of their record

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Yeah, his leg wasn't planted when he was hit. That's a good sign. I think Kirk can carry us over the Browns and Eagles, if RGIII can take three weeks off his feet, maybe he can be ready by the 'Pukes (provided it's just a sprain)
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:19 pm

FLWSkin wrote:The Ravens have a really good D that makes a lot of adjustments.

How much of the reputation of the Ravens D is still based on the 2000 team? I think a lot of it is. This D is nothing compared to the 2000 D, and their 2 best players didn't even play...still, it's not a bad D, but I wouldn't say it's really good...

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:Yeah, his leg wasn't planted when he was hit. That's a good sign. I think Kirk can carry us over the Browns and Eagles, if RGIII can take three weeks off his feet, maybe he can be ready by the 'Pukes (provided it's just a sprain)

Yeah I'm hoping you're right in the fact that his leg was in the air and it looked a lot worse than it actually is.

PAPDOG...funsho is right the Browns have a very stout defense and Weeden is very accurate so if we don't get pressure on him then he has the ability to pick us apart. Haz is gonna have to come up with a solid game plan to rattle and mess with the rookie's head.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:28 pm

grampi wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:The Ravens have a really good D that makes a lot of adjustments.

How much of the reputation of the Ravens D is still based on the 2000 team? I think a lot of it is. This D is nothing compared to the 2000 D, and their 2 best players didn't even play...still, it's not a bad D, but I wouldn't say it's really good...

But they still play football. They made adjustments. RGIII looked confused when he looked downfield and their end was throwing Polumbus around like a doll. That has nothing to do with their D in 2000, but how they played today. They are still tough.

swine

Postby JiveTurkee » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Congrats on a well deserved win. My team crapped the bed but at least the Ratbirds lost so it eases the pain of us losing. Gutsy win and wins like this go a long way.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:05 pm

TimSkin wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:Yeah, his leg wasn't planted when he was hit. That's a good sign. I think Kirk can carry us over the Browns and Eagles, if RGIII can take three weeks off his feet, maybe he can be ready by the 'Pukes (provided it's just a sprain)

Yeah I'm hoping you're right in the fact that his leg was in the air and it looked a lot worse than it actually is.

PAPDOG...funsho is right the Browns have a very stout defense and Weeden is very accurate so if we don't get pressure on him then he has the ability to pick us apart. Haz is gonna have to come up with a solid game plan to rattle and mess with the rookie's head.

Make Griffin take the time off. He is too good to risk

########

Postby Scottskins » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:26 pm

I agree, I really want to win the division, and that is likely in our grasp, with our schedule vs the giants, but we can't win the superbowl with this defense. Griffin is too important to risk unless it's for a superbowl win...sit him until he's 100%
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:39 pm

TimSkin wrote:

I never said that it would be easy, believe me I don't take anyone lightly, I'm just saying it can be done. Kirk can get us the job done in Cleveland next week givin everyone else ups their game.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 pm

JiveTurkee wrote:Congrats on a well deserved win. My team crapped the bed but at least the Ratbirds lost so it eases the pain of us losing. Gutsy win and wins like this go a long way.

Thanks JiveTurkee, I spent two years in Pittsburgh and my friends there always root for the Skins. Steeler's fans hate the Cowboys and are not fond of the Eagles either. I did learn not to walk in a Steeler's bar with my Redskins colors on though :)

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Great Backup work by ............COUSINS
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Before today Ravens were #4 in the league in punt coverage.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football