POSTGAME Skins v. Buzzards thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
########

Postby Scottskins » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:12 pm

riggofan wrote:
Scottskins wrote:I agree, I really want to win the division, and that is likely in our grasp, with our schedule vs the giants, but we can't win the superbowl with this defense. Griffin is too important to risk unless it's for a superbowl win...sit him until he's 100%

I say this respectfully, but you guys are freaking NUTS.

Don't risk Griffin because we can't win the Super Bowl this year even if we make it? WTF? That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

Not sure I understand your post. Even if we make what? We will probably win the division if griffin is healthy and finishes the season. That is my opinion. It is also my opinion that we have zero chance of winning the superbowl this year regardless of his health, because our defense sucks. So, if griffin isn't 100% healthy, I say sit him until he is. What's nuts about that? This kid is going to win multiple superbowls for us, possibly starting next year...I don't want him to get hurt because he tries to do something instinctive, that he can't physically do. That's where my thinking comes from.
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:44 am

I'm going to say this and it isn't going to be popular, but yesterday RG3 played his worst game. He truly looked like a rookie QB. He took too long to read the plays and took sacks and hits that he didn't need to take. He really needs to improve at reading a D and deciding when is the appropriate time to throw the ball away.

With that said, it is OK since he is a rookie and that is what you expect from a rookie QB, he is going to get better at that aspects of his game and we definitely can win with him until them.

Now hopefully his knee is OK.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:13 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:I'm going to say this and it isn't going to be popular, but yesterday RG3 played his worst game. He truly looked like a rookie QB. He took too long to read the plays and took sacks and hits that he didn't need to take. He really needs to improve at reading a D and deciding when is the appropriate time to throw the ball away.

With that said, it is OK since he is a rookie and that is what you expect from a rookie QB, he is going to get better at that aspects of his game and we definitely can win with him until them.

Can't say I agree with this at all. He didn't have 4 TDs, but he put the ball on the money all day, even after taking that ugly shot to his leg. The Ravens Defense isn't what it once was, but they still get after it. I thought he played a good game overall.

Niles Paul and Leonard Hankerson dropped balls too.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:27 am

I thought this was just a great game of football. Could have gone either way, but it was the Redskins who made the big plays at the end.

Among many plus points, wasn't it refreshing to see a punt returner running up the field with a punt instead of spinning around like a ballerina waiting to get hit? Admittedly, I'd like that punt returner to be able to outrun the opposition punter to finish off the return, but I guess we can't have everything.

Alfred Morris just amazes me every week - how can a guy run for so many yards after the first hit? He's unbelievable. Unfortunately, he needs to be, because we don't seem to have anything by way of depth at running back this year. I think Helu's speed is a big loss to the offence as a change of pace this year.

Special mention to Ryan Kerrigan, who was a real handful at times, and to Garcon, Morgan and Hankerson. The wideouts still drop too many balls for my liking, but they are making plays as well.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:50 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:I'm going to say this and it isn't going to be popular, but yesterday RG3 played his worst game. He truly looked like a rookie QB. He took too long to read the plays and took sacks and hits that he didn't need to take. He really needs to improve at reading a D and deciding when is the appropriate time to throw[ing] the ball away.

I for one agree with Skinsfan 100%

(on the highlighted portions of his post)
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:53 am

^^ Hogster ... Exactly. And he comes back into the game in pain and hobbling on one leg and still makes a couple of critical 1st downs before the pain overtakes him and he can't continue. What a gutty, old school soul inside that young man's body! You just can't help but be inspired by this kid, and he's brought the Redskins back to legitimacy again, both in the eyes of outsiders and the Redskins players, coaches and fans too.

As to make the understatement of the year, I've been very critical of Kyle and Mike Shanahan, and I believe those criticisms were legit ... but I'm just as ready to offer compliments when they are due, and I've seen a sort of metamorphosis take place since the buy week, and particularly offensive play calling, which has changed from being too predictable to being cleverly unpredictable. and that's what is giving defenses fits.

Additionally, we're seeing some real production out of these other rookies not named RG3 too ... Crawford's return setting up the game winning kick .... Morris ... and Captain Kirk!!! So, credit must go to the coaches and player evaluation ... we're winning these games with much of the credit going to great play from the youngsters, including Forbath Mr. 14-0 ... and that's very encouraging for the future.

And finally, let's not just beat up the defense and Haz .... much of the credit for the last two wins goes to the defense who seem to start out pretty slow and rocky but have played very strong in the second half of these games. I think Haz has taken a really bad situation which looked to be totally falling apart, and circled the wagons and rallied the troops to really step up when the chips were down. Hat's should be tipped to Jim for keeping these guys fighting through adversity and sticking together.

This team has a completely new mindset than it had 5 weeks ago ... these guys, with their several flaws, now believe they can beat anyone, and a good portion of the credit for that must go to the coaches.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:09 am

RayNAustin wrote:^^ Exactly. And he comes back into the game in pain and hobbling on one leg and still makes a couple of critical 1st downs before the pain overtakes him and he can't continue. What a gutty, old school soul inside that young man's body! You just can't help but be inspired by this kid, and he's brought the Redskins back to legitimacy again, both in the eyes of outsiders and the Redskins players, coaches and fans too.

As to make the understatement of the year, I've been very critical of Kyle and Mike Shanahan, and I believe those criticisms were legit ... but I'm just as ready to offer compliments when they are due, and I've seen a sort of metamorphosis take place since the buy week, and particularly offensive play calling, which has changed from being too predictable to being cleverly unpredictable. and that's what is giving defenses fits.

Additionally, we're seeing some real production out of these other rookies not named RG3 too ... Crawford's return setting up the game winning kick .... Morris ... and Captain Kirk!!! So, credit must go to the coaches and player evaluation ... we're winning these games with much of the credit going to great play from the youngsters, including Forbath Mr. 14-0 ... and that's very encouraging for the future.

And finally, let's not just beat up the defense and Haz .... much of the credit for the last two wins goes to the defense who seem to start out pretty slow and rocky but have played very strong in the second half of these games. I think Haz has taken a really bad situation which looked to be totally falling apart, and circled the wagons and rallied the troops to really step up when the chips were down. Hat's should be tipped to Jim for keeping these guys fighting through adversity and sticking together.

This team has a completely new mindset than it had 5 weeks ago ... these guys, with their several flaws, now believe they can beat anyone, and a good portion of the credit for that must go to the coaches.

RAY!!! RAY!!!, Your computer has been hacked! Good lucking figuring out how to get the key stroke virus off your computer, man. Having your password swiped sucks. At least the guy who did it seems to be a skins fan!
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:14 am

Oh yes ... and which one of the coaches daughters is Niles Paul married to anyway? Seriously ... how does this guy keep a roster spot with those cinder block hands? He makes Carlos Rogers look like Jerry Rice.

The guy can't catch a cold.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:34 am

emoses14 wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:^^ Exactly. And he comes back into the game in pain and hobbling on one leg and still makes a couple of critical 1st downs before the pain overtakes him and he can't continue. What a gutty, old school soul inside that young man's body! You just can't help but be inspired by this kid, and he's brought the Redskins back to legitimacy again, both in the eyes of outsiders and the Redskins players, coaches and fans too.

RAY!!! RAY!!!, Your computer has been hacked! Good lucking figuring out how to get the key stroke virus off your computer, man. Having your password swiped sucks. At least the guy who did it seems to be a skins fan!

Hardy Har Har ..... very funny wise guy. :D

Like I said, I have no problem giving credit where credit is due. I try not to allow my opinions and analysis become "beliefs", and try to call em' as I see em'. Situations can and do change, so one's opinions must be flexible and changeable too.

Now, just how many here actually believed 5 weeks ago that the Redskins would beat the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants and Ravens in a 4 game sweep?

Pleasantly surprised .... now just beat Cleveland for goodness sake!!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 am

RayNAustin wrote:Oh yes ... and which one of the coaches daughters is Niles Paul married to anyway? Seriously ... how does this guy keep a roster spot with those cinder block hands? He makes Carlos Rogers look like Jerry Rice.

The guy can't catch a cold.

:lol:

Niles "Brick Hands" Paul
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 am

Having a KO returner with 'brick hands' is OBVIOUSLY preferable to having Banks ... just sayin' :lol:
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:24 am

RayNAustin wrote:
emoses14 wrote:

Hardy Har Har ..... very funny wise guy. :D

Like I said, I have no problem giving credit where credit is due. I try not to allow my opinions and analysis become "beliefs", and try to call em' as I see em'. Situations can and do change, so one's opinions must be flexible and changeable too.

Now, just how many here actually believed 5 weeks ago that the Redskins would beat the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants and Ravens in a 4 game sweep?

Pleasantly surprised .... now just beat Cleveland for goodness sake!!!

:up:

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:36 am

I'm not sure exactly what good it did, but I LOVE what it says about Griffin that he was listening in on all of the play calls while he was lying on the examination table

There's a general aura around the Redskins that hadn't been there in forever. The team expected to win Sunday, even when trailing by eight points with less than five minutes to play; even minutes later, when its star was lying prone on a table listening to plays being called in his headset while trainers poked and prodded his knee and his teammates soldiered on without him.

Actually, that entire article is pretty good (except for the intro about Griffin's being hit by some fat lineman in the knee being an predestined and unavoidable eventuality).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87299 ... s-overtime

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 am

It was a great game and an awesome win, but I think that it's becoming clear that RG3 is going to have to change the way he plays or he won't last very long in this league. He's only played 13 games in the NFL and he's gotten knocked out of two of them. Even before the hit on the knee yesterday he took some big shots in the pockets holding onto the ball for too long. We have up a lot for RG3 and he is awesome, but nobody can withstand the types of hits that he's been taking this year.
Suck and Luck

08 Champ

Re: POSTGAME Skins v. Buzzards thread

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:09 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:Stupid penalties and stupid mistakes almost cost us the game but this team BELIEVES.

WHATEVER I and anybody else may have said when Kirk Cousins was drafted must EAT CROW now. To come out cold and win the game .... WOW

My hat is off to you, Kirk.

And the rest of our guys, London and Lorenzo: GUTSY!!!

I really did not like Doughty and Hall today. They are liabilities.

AMAZING WIN - no question that in the future there will be many area residents who will 'claim' to have actually been at the game :shock:

GREAT WIN and a FANTASTIC ending

there have been a lot of upgrades to the play calling since the bye week by both Haslett and Kyle S
Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football