Griff's Injury

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:30 am

I disagree with the thought that the refs would intentionally not call any fouls against RG3 - there was in particular a helmet to helmet hit yesterday but the officials did not think it was and did not call it - THEY BLEW the call

to think that the NFL officials are intentionally not calling personal fouls against this player is ludicrous - NOT happening

actually - I think the NFL tries to make any and all calls that could affect the players safety and ability to play - they miss a lot of them
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby gushogs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:59 am

DarthMonk wrote:Not necessarily with regard to this hit but I really feel like guys are "out to get" Griff. I'm watching the Packer/Lion game and when Rodgers is vulnerable he simply is not targeted in the same way - not even by Suh. I also saw a guy go for Griff's head today on the sideline. Griff saw it coming, ducked, there was still helmet-to-helmet contact ... and no freaking call! What gives? Is it cuz he is a rookie with endorsements? Is it Bryce Harper getting thrown at in his first at bat? WTF? Guys are catching flags for trying to break up passes with good hits but guys are going after Griff's head EVERY WEEK and getting away with it.

;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious;

Agree 100%, and to me has become more obvious since the gints game.

I think he should not play next week. You can make all the plans you want to call plays protecting RG3, but a big hit can come from anywhere...

HaiL,
Another year of asking for PATIENCE..., 20 yrs not long enough?????

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:46 pm

If this is a knee sprain, I think it's tough for him to play this week. But, anything is possible.

If it's a bruised knee, I think he will gut it out.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:57 pm

riggofan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Not necessarily with regard to this hit but I really feel like guys are "out to get" Griff. I'm watching the Packer/Lion game and when Rodgers is vulnerable he simply is not targeted in the same way - not even by Suh. I also saw a guy go for Griff's head today on the sideline. Griff saw it coming, ducked, there was still helmet-to-helmet contact ... and no freaking call! What gives? Is it cuz he is a rookie with endorsements? Is it Bryce Harper getting thrown at in his first at bat? WTF? Guys are catching flags for trying to break up passes with good hits but guys are going after Griff's head EVERY WEEK and getting away with it.

I totally agree with you DarthMonk, and I know exactly which play you are talking about on the sideline yesterday. It was a little more obvious on the replays maybe, but the referees need to be looking out for RGIII. Guys are DEFINITELY out to get him.

I don't know if its guys hating on him as much as teams knowing they have to stop him somehow.

I would hope the league recognizes RGIII is one of the most exciting and marketable players to enter the league in a long time. They need to get these defenders in check before somebody hurts him seriously.

This isn't about RGIII scrambling either. I think the play he got hurt on was a freak thing and fair play from the Ravens. All these late shots and head shots he takes in the pocket are BS.

I'm sorry guys, the refs got a lot wrong in that game, but that play wasn't one of them. There wasn't a flag and shouldn't have been.

Here is why:
When a QB breaks the pocket and becomes a runner he is offered no more protection than than a RB. That means a blow to the head is not flagged.
Think about a RB running the ball. How many times do they take blows to the head?

You don't have to like it but there was nothing about that play that was illegal. Just like there was nothing that Niles Paul did that should have drawn a flag for interfering with a fair catch. The PF on DHall for hitting the Ratbirds WR may have been a late hit (debatable) but it absolutely wasn't what the refs called! It certainly wasn't a blow to the head. Hall hit the WR square in the chest with his shoulder. There was zero contact to the head or neck area.
Those plays weren't officiated correctly, but the play your complaining about was. Besides RG3 already had a bonus roughing penalty. The hit that took his helmet off was a legal hit. There was no contact to the head and it wasn't late and he didn't drive him to the ground. But what I found interesting was that there were offsetting penalties. Since when does a random penalty offset a personal foul. PFs always stand or overide the other penalties. I found that strange.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby gushogs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:02 pm

1) If something is crystal clear to me, is that RG3 is a tuff guy and he will want to play, even if he isn't 100%. Has shown it all year, but coming back to play yesterday after the hit should be enough evidenceto anyone.
2) The mayor decision here would be allowing him to play if he's not 100%. Either way will stir a debate. If he plays and gets re-injured; if he doesn't play and the Skins lose; if he plays and we, win what woulda, coulda happen; if Kirk plays a great game someone will mention a QB controversy....

HaiL,
Another year of asking for PATIENCE..., 20 yrs not long enough?????

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:09 pm

UPDATE: Chris Russell via ESPN980 reports that he just saw and talked to RGIII. Says he is walking with noticeably less of a limp than last night.

Says RGIII says he's OK.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:29 pm

gushogs wrote:1) If something is crystal clear to me, is that RG3 is a tuff guy and he will want to play, even if he isn't 100%. Has shown it all year, but coming back to play yesterday after the hit should be enough evidenceto anyone.
2) The mayor decision here would be allowing him to play if he's not 100%. Either way will stir a debate. If he plays and gets re-injured; if he doesn't play and the Skins lose; if he plays and we, win what woulda, coulda happen; if Kirk plays a great game someone will mention a QB controversy....

HaiL,

Of this I am positive, there will be no, nada, nyet, 0, zip, zilch quarterback controversy in any way shape or form no matter what happens in the next game. Period.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby kmiec » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:34 pm

The Hogster wrote:UPDATE: Chris Russell via ESPN980 reports that he just saw and talked to RGIII. Says he is walking with noticeably less of a limp than last night.

Says RGIII says he's OK.

That's Great news... I want to hear the 3pm presser.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:But what I found interesting was that there were offsetting penalties. Since when does a random penalty offset a personal foul. PFs always stand or overide the other penalties. I found that strange.

Yeah, I complained about that when it happened. By rule, the PF should have been marked off, and the other penalty not enforced.

Though seeing the replay of Crawford's return this morning, I noticed a blatant block in the back to spring him that was not called. :shock:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Though seeing the replay of Crawford's return this morning, I noticed a blatant block in the back to spring him that was not called. :shock:

There is one on every return, that is why I think the play shouldn't be illegal.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:06 pm

Make Robert Griffin sit the Browns game. I know he will argue, but tie him down, if necessary.

Think about Larry Brown during the last few games of 1972. We called the coach "Wiley George", but also "Crazy George".

Brown had hurt his knee, but George just kept running sending him out on offense, and having Kilmer hand him the ball. Brown never quite had the explosive takeoff or the cuts after that.

Another example: Art Monk played SB 22 on a sprained knee, but Gibbs used Monk mostly as a decoy. The Skins had Clark, Sanders, and Didier, so they didn't lean on Monk every play.

Give Griffin a week to recover the strength in that knee.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:30 pm

welch wrote:Make Robert Griffin sit the Browns game. I know he will argue, but tie him down, if necessary.

Think about Larry Brown during the last few games of 1972. We called the coach "Wiley George", but also "Crazy George".

Brown had hurt his knee, but George just kept running sending him out on offense, and having Kilmer hand him the ball. Brown never quite had the explosive takeoff or the cuts after that.

Another example: Art Monk played SB 22 on a sprained knee, but Gibbs used Monk mostly as a decoy. The Skins had Clark, Sanders, and Didier, so they didn't lean on Monk every play.

Give Griffin a week to recover the strength in that knee.

Tieing him down is probably the only way to accomplish his not playing. Probably best to "lose" his helmet, spikes, and jersey too.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:40 pm

3pm presser. Grade 1 LCL sprain. Day to day per mike s
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:43 pm

A QB can play on this kind of injury. But his movement will be limited. It's possible that all 3 QBs are active if he goes.

I disagree with sitting him unless he's unable to play. He's not Strasburg. He will likely have to play more from the pocket. But he can do that. It's not like he's Michael Vick
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Injury update

Postby Mississippi Hog » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football