If cousins starts vs browns: We will lose

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:49 pm

DOGSRBACK wrote: ... you get respect when you win, the Browns are starting to earn respect around the league. Without RG3 your team is *sh$t*...you just have to look over the past 10 years to prove that.

At Cleveland Good Luck with that.....

:lol: this is a little revealing .. the Browns have been playing well recently and I'd say both teams are a lot better than their records ..

There is no way (outside of a few idiots) that any NFL fans think the Redskins are *sh$t* without RG3 - Morris and the O line give the Redskins a pretty effective ground game - UNFORTUNATELY for the Browns football team they are playing the Redskins this week and not any of the teams we've had the past 10 years - ALTHOUGH - I do think a number of those Redskins teams were better than any teams you put on the field the last couple of years

this Redskins team will show you a thing or two this coming Sunday - tell your boys to just relax and show up - one of the Redskins teams from the past 10 years is coming in :roll:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:56 pm

DOGSRBACK wrote:LOL the best part is some of you sound just like Cincy fans that we beat, or Steel3r fans of San Diego fans Oakland and KC suck. We have lost three games this year in the last 45 seconds of the game.

That actually makes me feel even better. You admit you're a team that can't close. We have a QB that can come from behind. =D> Good for us.

DOGSRBACK wrote:I bet if we just one 1 or 2 of these games you would not be feeling that great.

HHHHmmmm -- couldn't see 3 games that you lost in the last 45 seconds this year outside of the week 1 Philly loss when Vick threw like 4 INTs.... and against DAL when Romo LITERALLY spotted you a TD, then went down the field for a FG...... after those, I'm not sure what the 3rd game was since the only other one-score losses you had were against CINCY, BAL, and INDY --- and none of those were determined in the final 45 seconds.

But regardless, you are giving a typical loser response --- would of should of could of. If you SHOULD have won the game --- you would have. But you didn't, so what your saying doesn't matter. I think we "should/could/would" have beat STL, but we didn't. You won't hear me cry about it. A wins a win and a loss is a loss.

DOGSRBACK wrote:1. You do not have a better RB
2. You do have a better QB
3. You do have better core of WRs, but Gordon is better than all of them
4. We have better o-line and D-line

1. Do you really think Richardson is better than Morris??? It makes it even more comical and pathetic after you say that not only is Richardson better, but he runs behind a better line...... and gets 3.5 YPC versus Morris' 4.9 YPC. Morris has 250 MORE YARDS ON 6 MORE CARRIES..... Denial is a tough thing to overcome. I know it is tough to swallow when you spend your 3rd overall on a player inferior to our 6th round selection, but you need to face facts. There is no question Morris is the superior RB and there is NOTHING you can use to even defend that.

2. No kidding

3. I am actually not even sure we do. We didn't have Garcon for most of the year. Moss is mediocre and Hankerson if horrible. Gordon is great and you have a decent TE in Watson. Little is also a solid young player. I would take him over Hankerson any day. If you count TEs, I actually think CLE has the better receiving core.

4. Agree with OL, but not totally sure about DL mainly because you play a 4-3 and your DL is responsible for more tackles and creating more noise than a 3-4 line.

DOGSRBACK wrote:Again you get respect when you win, the Browns are starting to earn respect around the league. Without RG3 your team is *sh$t*...you just have to look over the past 10 years to prove that.

This isn't the past 10 years; it's now. You of all fans should understand that. After all, based on your logic wouldn't that mean CLE is also "crap". You have had 3 winning seasons in the past 23 years...... similar to us, but we've had 7 -- which in the grand scheme of things is not much of a difference.

Whether you like it or not; we have RGIII. We have momentum. We have a bright future. We have what appears to be the best young QB-RB tandum in the NFL. I understand as CLE fans you see the skins and think about what could have been --- after all, you guys wanted RGIII and you drafted what you thought was the top RB. Meanwhile, we ended up with RGIII and arguably the best RB in the draft (although Martin vs. Morris is a tough call).

It's obvious you're bitter at the skins after seeing our transition, but stay positive. Your time will come. You have put together consecutive wins, you'll have a top draft pick next year, and you have improved. Like I said, I think you could very well win this game --- but don't get ahead of yourself here. We are still the better team. But you are on the upswing. In order for the skins to win, they need to be prepared and not overlook you because at this point you aren't a team to be overlooked.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:07 pm

markshark84 wrote:Morris has 250 MORE YARDS ON 6 MORE CARRIES.

Actually, he even has 106 more than that (356 more yards than Richardson). :wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:56 pm

DOGSRBACK wrote:1. You do not have a better RB

Again you get respect when you win, the Browns are starting to earn respect around the league. Without RG3 your team is *sh$t*...you just have to look over the past 10 years to prove that.

I don't know man. Who cares if you have a better o-line or better d-line if your QB sucks?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Fact is we are not a team from the past and RG3 is the QB here

your team will be trying to beat a team that has beaten Dallas, the Giants and the Ravens the past 3 weeks

I very much doubt that our team will look at this game as anything but another game we can win if we don't beat ourselves

you guys can look ahead to the draft - we're trying to make the playoffs
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 pm

A Browns fan telling anyone else their team sucks? That's a stretch.

Let's compare opponents shall we?

While you guys were running up the score on the 2-11 Chiefs, we were busy beating the 9-4 Ravens (you remember, that team that got so sick of Cleveland that they saw BALTIMORE as an upgrade). In case you were wondering, that's that team so far ahead of you in the division that they could lose the rest of the season and you still couldn't catch them.

While you guys were patting yourselves on the back for holding off the Mighty Oakland Raiders (and their 3-10 record) we were holding on to a one point lead against the NFC East leading, defending Super Bowl Champ Giants (who's record is now 8-5)

While it's true you did beat Pittsburgh (7-6) the fact that Pitt turned the ball over eight times in that game might have had a little to do with it. We've only turned the ball over 11 times all year. Meanwhile, we had Dallas, in Dallas on Thanksgiving. You think Cleveland on a Sunday is harder than that? Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

While you were losing to Dallas, in Dallas, we were mopping the floor with the hapless Eagles. Maybe you remember them from week 1 when you became one of their four wins on the season?

I'm not trying to sound cocky, but maybe you might want to consider this before you come onto a Redskins message board talking about how much THE REDSKINS suck when you are a BROWNS FAN!
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:47 pm

I think Kirk is quite capable of winning if he plays. He showed us what he could in quick relief duty with the game on the line.

The fact is Garcon has been a huge plus since he returned to form as of late. Garcon helps open up the rest of our WRs on the team. Kirk will benefit from this. Also Morris has been consistent most of the year just has to stop the fumbling. So we have a top running game which is a Qbs best friend. A core of solid receivers. Oh by the way Kirk can actually scramble too. He is not as fast as RG3 but at Michigan State he was known for being elusive as a QB.

I personally would not risk RG3s future. That is not my decision though. I do have full confidence that Kirk can get us in if we need him to.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:16 pm

The Hogster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:The Browns are not a pushover. Saying we will win or lose reminds me of a few threads in the Lounge - conjecture.

Historically, teams play a little over their heads in support of a backup in his first start. I expect the 'Skins to give a little extra if Captain Kirk starts.

DarthMonk

This isn't Golf. It's football. Fans declare victory because that's what we do. We can't impact the game right now either way. No need to be political about it.

:hmm:

A fairly idiotic post to say the least. You say you know football and can divorce emotion from analysis. Your posts show otherwise.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

^^^^^^^

Re: If cousins starts vs browns: We will lose

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:25 pm

funsho2 wrote:Cousins is not RG3....RG3 have not turn over the ball like luck this year thats one of the thing that makes him special....kirk will turn the ball over vs a great browns defense.....and we will lose at a critical time....michael jordan played while he was sick....if rg3 can go lets go....these are critical games....if we win out we will win either the division or a wild card spot

I feel so sad for our educational system and my Wife is a teacher. This guy slipped through the cracks.

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Well, the Brownies D is ranked 4 spots ahead of us, but their O is back in the 20's. Weeden has thrown more picks than TD's. They lost to the Buzzards twice. The Steeler win was without Big Ben playing....they beat Charlie Batch.

And, Richardson may be a beast, but Morris has proven to be the more productive RB in our system than Richardson has in yours.

Look, I think it will be a close game....and now that RGIII is injured, a lot closer than I originally thought. But, if we can score early and often, I don't know that the Brownies can keep up. Nor do I think that they can stop Morris (even if RGIII can't run) as they give up 120 ypg on the ground.

Hope is not lost if Cousins starts.....while he is a rookie, he played well in pre-season....and he came in during the pressure filled situation this past weekend and not only tossed a critical TD, but had the game tying scamper on the 2 point try.

Trust me I want RGIII to play......but I don't feel hopeless if Cousins has to take the start.....with Grossman backing up.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:47 pm

DOGSRBACK wrote:LOL the best part is some of you sound just like Cincy fans that we beat, or Steel3r fans of San Diego fans Oakland and KC suck. We have lost three games this year in the last 45 seconds of the game. I bet if we just one 1 or 2 of these games you would not be feeling that great.

1. You do not have a better RB

Again you get respect when you win, the Browns are starting to earn respect around the league. Without RG3 your team is *sh$t*...you just have to look over the past 10 years to prove that.

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:51 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:The Browns are not a pushover. Saying we will win or lose reminds me of a few threads in the Lounge - conjecture.

Historically, teams play a little over their heads in support of a backup in his first start. I expect the 'Skins to give a little extra if Captain Kirk starts.

DarthMonk

This isn't Golf. It's football. Fans declare victory because that's what we do. We can't impact the game right now either way. No need to be political about it.

:hmm:

A fairly idiotic post to say the least. You say you know football and can divorce emotion from analysis. Your posts show otherwise.

Your posts make Skins Jock sound like Aristotle.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

swine

Postby oj » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:58 pm

At Cleveland Good Luck with that.....[/quote]

Gee, probably a good thing we are playin in your house, that way your guys won't be so despondant flying back home after a proper asswhopping. Don't forget, the last team that played us fired thier defensive coach! Right there on the spot! He might have had to hitchhike home, but he didn't have far to go.
Wait! if you think back, the Ravens were the Browns! We get to do it again, 2 weeks in a row! that will have to be an NFL record of some sort. Please don't fire your defensive coach...it is only a game and the other Browns team just overreacted, Cam is a swell guy and we have a lot of respect for him.
Molon Labe

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:05 pm

DOGSRBACK wrote:LOL the best part is some of you sound just like Cincy fans that we beat, or Steel3r fans of San Diego fans Oakland and KC suck. We have lost three games this year in the last 45 seconds of the game. I bet if we just one 1 or 2 of these games you would not be feeling that great.

If there's one thing we can spot in DC is a crackhead. Put the pipe down dude. Your team is The Browns. You sound ridiculous.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:05 pm

If there's one thing we can spot in DC is a crackhead. Put the pipe down dude. Your team is The Browns. You sound ridiculous.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football