Defensive preparation - question

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Defensive preparation - question

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Just a thought ... is the fact that we have such a different offense hurting our defensive preparation?

the Giants defensive players indicated that there were many instances when they found themselves 'guessing' what play was being run

in the lead up to last Sunday the Ravens spent a lot of time getting ready for the Redskins because we are the only team in the NFL running this offense

I wonder how difficult it is for the Redskins defensive unit to not prepare against a first team offense

Is this a fair question?
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

The Punisher

Re: Defensive preparation - question

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:38 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Just a thought ... is the fact that we have such a different offense hurting our defensive preparation?

the Giants defensive players indicated that there were many instances when they found themselves 'guessing' what play was being run

in the lead up to last Sunday the Ravens spent a lot of time getting ready for the Redskins because we are the only team in the NFL running this offense

I wonder how difficult it is for the Redskins defensive unit to not prepare against a first team offense

Is this a fair question?

I think it's a fair question, but the first team D doesn't usually practice against the first team O (and vice versa) for that very reason. It so that each unit can gameplan around what the other team does, not what their own squad is going to do.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm

The defense practices against a scout team which mimics the opponent.

piglet

Postby GFlanagan3 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 pm

frankcal20 wrote:The defense practices against a scout team which mimics the opponent.

+1 what he said.....hence all the speedy squad guys on other teams "playing" RGIII on offense

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:58 pm

I think our biggest problem is that Medieu Williams has no idea what the hell he is doing and it destoys everything we are trying to do. How many times do you see a corner let a guy go, look back, and then run when they see no safety. About 10-15 times a game? Yeah.....

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:32 pm

frankcal20 wrote:The defense practices against a scout team which mimics the opponent.

+1

The last time 1s went versus 1s was probably training camp where the team does practice in scrimmage like situations. But, in the season, it's all about scout team.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:33 pm

FLWSkin wrote:I think our biggest problem is that Medieu Williams has no idea what the hell he is doing and it destoys everything we are trying to do. How many times do you see a corner let a guy go, look back, and then run when they see no safety. About 10-15 times a game? Yeah.....

He's awful. And, he runs hard with his head back and helmet almost falling off the back of his head, but he's moving slow as molasses.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Thanks for that - makes sense to me ...

as far as the players we have being 'bad' - you have to remember - the guy that is out there, is there because he's 'better' than the alternative ... :shock:

our defense the past few games has not been as terrible as earlier in the season ...

we are not a good defense by any stretch but we are not allowing games to get out of hand scoring wise

AND

one of the best things the offense can do is to try and keep drives alive for as long as possible

and

give the opposing team's offense less time on the field
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Oh, I get that Williams is safety number 3 and Gomes/Doughty are 4 and 5. Doesn't make him suck any less.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:14 pm

FLWSkin wrote:I think our biggest problem is that Medieu Williams has no idea what the hell he is doing and it destoys everything we are trying to do. How many times do you see a corner let a guy go, look back, and then run when they see no safety. About 10-15 times a game? Yeah.....
Well, it is kind of hard to play with your eyes closed... especially in cover 3...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football