Shout out to #85

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Shout out to #85

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:41 pm

Hankerson has gotten a lot of heat this year, but I wanted to point out he caught a lot of big passes yesterday and did a great job. Sometimes you need to be patient with the young guys. Good job Hank!!

Hog

Re: Shout out to #85

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:02 pm

FLWSkin wrote:Hankerson has gotten a lot of heat this year, but I wanted to point out he caught a lot of big passes yesterday and did a great job. Sometimes you need to be patient with the young guys. Good job Hank!!

Really??????

It has gotten so bad that we are now giving Hankerson shout outs after a 4 catch, 67 yard, 0 TD performance???

Hankerson's performance was mediocre at best -- first off, he tipped/dropped a pass from RGIII in the end zone that could have very well turned into an INT. Any decent WR with agility would have made the body turn, caught it and landed on his back. Instead, Hankerson throws up his hand, tips it and luckily it wasn't picked off. And when he actually caught the ball, in typical fashion, he was falling all over himself immediately after the reception......

Obviously fan standards have gotten pretty low for Hankerson. We should be praising Morris or Garcon or RGIII or Riley or any of the other guys that come in and compete day in and day out.
Last edited by markshark84 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Only one guy "really" wears number 85. (Just a thought.)

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Forgive me for trying to give some confidence and support to our players.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey man, he had a good game! For a number 4 or 5 wr he had a good game and the td tip/miss would have made it a damn good game. He is growing, and has done so.much better then the M. Kelly and D Thomas types that never improved and were hardly even able to get on the field!
I'm with ya bro, good job Hanktime, keep it up! Can't teach size guys... He can be taught and coached up to improve his play tho
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:41 pm

FLWSkin wrote:Forgive me for trying to give some confidence and support to our players.

Never apologize on this board for anything. Members get hyper sensitive about players and you need to learn to not care about what anybody thinks.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:36 pm

64 yards and 4 catches from a player who is not our no.1 is a good game in my eyes. He also made some huge catches in crucial moments. Keep it up Hanktime!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:41 pm

FLWSkin wrote:Forgive me for trying to give some confidence and support to our players.

Don't let him get to you, he's that way with everybody. You'll learn how to spot and ignore certain people quick enough.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:

Don't let him get to you, he's that way with everybody. You'll learn how to spot and ignore certain people quick enough.

Well...... I guess it's nice to know that I don't discriminate..... :lol:

I have to say this was a first in that I felt bad after receiving FLWSkins response. I can understand the need to encourage, but Hankerson is one of those players that just makes my blood boil -- so FLASkins post hit me a little harder than usual. I see Hank as an underperformer and get angry thinking of the "could have beens" if he just were as good as originally thought (could you imagine if we had 2 good WRs -- we could very well be 9-4 right now; especially after seeing the difference with Garcon back in the lineup).

But I wouldn't declare I am this way all the time. At all. It's only with players I know won't make it (previously it was Jason Campbell; now Hankerson, Banks, and our DBs).

But Bob, I hope you don't believe that drinking the kool-aid is a prereq to being a "good poster". I instead strive to be an accurate poster.... and less of a skins cheerleader..... I don't think there is any doubt of my passion for the Skins. Ignore me if you want; I couldn't care less ---- but you'll just be ignoring someone like yourself that only wants to see the Skins rack up Ws.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Why get sensitive about it? This would be kind of a boring thread if everybody just wrote "+1" and agreed with each other! :)

Good post either way. I'm curious to see what the verdict is on Hankerson these days. I had the impression he was stepping up some this season, but seems like he has largely disappeared since Garcon came back.

I know what play markshark is talking about - kind of a howler. But is 4 catches for 67 yards bad for a third string WR?

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Hankerson does seem to always be off balance. Kind of a lumbering guy. But, the injury he had is no easy injury. Ask Jammal Brown. He's a 4.4. guy who can run, so I excuse his apparent stumbling issues for now. But, he does need to catch more consistently. He and Niles Paul need to be after practice every day with the ball machine.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Man, everyone is so much nicer to each other after 4 wins. :lol:
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Man, everyone is so much nicer to each other after 4 wins. :lol:

LOL.

Just noticed this on GP's twitter:

Mike Shanahan on Leonard Hankerson's 25 plays: "I thought he was excellent." Said he was open a lot, had one of his best games.

the 'mudge

Re: Shout out to #85

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 pm

FLWSkin wrote:Hankerson has gotten a lot of heat this year, but I wanted to point out he caught a lot of big passes yesterday and did a great job. Sometimes you need to be patient with the young guys. Good job Hank!!
I was also thinking that Hankerson is finally starting to get some traction. He had a good game... hopefully, this will be the start of his "real" career.

Don't ever apologize for having an opinion. It is as valid as anyone elses.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

Well...... I guess it's nice to know that I don't discriminate..... :lol:

I have to say this was a first in that I felt bad after receiving FLWSkins response. I can understand the need to encourage, but Hankerson is one of those players that just makes my blood boil -- so FLASkins post hit me a little harder than usual. I see Hank as an underperformer and get angry thinking of the "could have beens" if he just were as good as originally thought (could you imagine if we had 2 good WRs -- we could very well be 9-4 right now; especially after seeing the difference with Garcon back in the lineup).

But I wouldn't declare I am this way all the time. At all. It's only with players I know won't make it (previously it was Jason Campbell; now Hankerson, Banks, and our DBs).

But Bob, I hope you don't believe that drinking the kool-aid is a prereq to being a "good poster". I instead strive to be an accurate poster.... and less of a skins cheerleader..... I don't think there is any doubt of my passion for the Skins. Ignore me if you want; I couldn't care less ---- but you'll just be ignoring someone like yourself that only wants to see the Skins rack up Ws.
Just keep in mind that there are many in the coaching ranks who believe that the average for a good receiver to figure it out is 2 seasons...

Considering that, Hankerson may be right on time.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football