Griff's Injury

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Would love to see Griff play, but see this game as an opportunity to win with Cousins. If he looks good, we could be looking at a trade for a 1st rounder next year with a pretty poor QB class and a lot of teams looking for a QB.

The other benefit is giving Griff a week to rest and get ready for a stretch run. He was on fire after the bye. Would love to recharge for a playoff and super bowl run. This team is magical right now, and I think we could carry on for a game against the Browns. The Browns are a good team as well. I just think the Skins can beat them this week with Cousins.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:36 pm

riggofan wrote:
oj wrote:He was an olympic hurdler, i think, and is nearly flexible as a ballet dancer. No doubt his leg hurt like hell and he is doing everything possible from it getting stiff. But, he ain't down for the count and my money is on him being well enough to at least start the game.

+1.

I know that injury looked bad, but you guys need to look up what a "grade 1" sprain is. Its characterized by "Minimal tenderness and swelling". Ever rolled your ankle?

This.

He will be playing on Sunday, folks... I have personally experienced the magic of a little Celestone applied to a grade 1 sprain of the LCL...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 pm

emoses14 wrote:
gushogs wrote:1) If something is crystal clear to me, is that RG3 is a tuff guy and he will want to play, even if he isn't 100%. Has shown it all year, but coming back to play yesterday after the hit should be enough evidenceto anyone.
2) The mayor decision here would be allowing him to play if he's not 100%. Either way will stir a debate. If he plays and gets re-injured; if he doesn't play and the Skins lose; if he plays and we, win what woulda, coulda happen; if Kirk plays a great game someone will mention a QB controversy....

HaiL,

Of this I am positive, there will be no, nada, nyet, 0, zip, zilch quarterback controversy in any way shape or form no matter what happens in the next game. Period.
Of course there will... "Do we accept the offer from the Cardinals, from the Jets, or do we wait until someone is REALLY desperate for a quarterback of Captain Kirk's quality?"
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:13 pm

the ravens team that beat the browns twice this season played a whole lot better than the ravens we just won against

this is going to be a tough game but the Redskins are playing with an attitude that is hard to fault

I think Mike and whomever is playing QB find a way to put enough points on the board for our defense to secure a win this week
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Countertrey wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
gushogs wrote:1) If something is crystal clear to me, is that RG3 is a tuff guy and he will want to play, even if he isn't 100%. Has shown it all year, but coming back to play yesterday after the hit should be enough evidenceto anyone.
2) The mayor decision here would be allowing him to play if he's not 100%. Either way will stir a debate. If he plays and gets re-injured; if he doesn't play and the Skins lose; if he plays and we, win what woulda, coulda happen; if Kirk plays a great game someone will mention a QB controversy....

HaiL,

Of this I am positive, there will be no, nada, nyet, 0, zip, zilch quarterback controversy in any way shape or form no matter what happens in the next game. Period.
Of course there will... "Do we accept the offer from the Cardinals, from the Jets, or do we wait until someone is REALLY desperate for a quarterback of Captain Kirk's quality?"

My bad, too busy thinking linearly.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Father Says RGIII Will Play

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/12/10/rgiiis-father-says-qb-plans-to-play-sunday/

Robert Griffin Jr. says his son, the Redskins’ injured star quarterback, plans to play Sunday when Washington takes on the Cleveland Browns in Cleveland.

In text messages, Griffin said his son is doing “really good.” Asked whether he thought Griffin III could play Sunday he responded: “That is the plan.”

Redskins’ Coach Mike Shanahan said Monday afternoon that the quarterback has a “mild,” Grade 1 sprain of the lateral collateral ligament in his right knee, an injury he suffered when he was hit by Baltimore Ravens’ lineman Haloti Ngata during the waning minutes of Sunday’s game.

Shanahan would not reveal whether Griffin will play Sunday. He said most quarterbacks want to get back on the field but coaches must see how they fare in practice before making that decision.

Redskins left tackle Trent Williams said he also spoke to Griffin Monday and reported that the rookie is in “high spirits.” Williams refused to speculate on whether Griffin would play Sunday at Cleveland, however.
“He’s doing good, he’s in high spirits,” Williams said Monday afternoon. “We’re lucky. It was a pretty, nasty, awkward hit. For him not to be seriously injured, it’s a blessing.”
SPIT HAPPENS!!

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:33 pm

The Hogster wrote:Father Says RGIII Will Play

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/12/10/rgiiis-father-says-qb-plans-to-play-sunday/

Robert Griffin Jr. says his son, the Redskins’ injured star quarterback, plans to play Sunday when Washington takes on the Cleveland Browns in Cleveland.

In text messages, Griffin said his son is doing “really good.” Asked whether he thought Griffin III could play Sunday he responded: “That is the plan.”

Redskins’ Coach Mike Shanahan said Monday afternoon that the quarterback has a “mild,” Grade 1 sprain of the lateral collateral ligament in his right knee, an injury he suffered when he was hit by Baltimore Ravens’ lineman Haloti Ngata during the waning minutes of Sunday’s game.

Shanahan would not reveal whether Griffin will play Sunday. He said most quarterbacks want to get back on the field but coaches must see how they fare in practice before making that decision.

Redskins left tackle Trent Williams said he also spoke to Griffin Monday and reported that the rookie is in “high spirits.” Williams refused to speculate on whether Griffin would play Sunday at Cleveland, however.
“He’s doing good, he’s in high spirits,” Williams said Monday afternoon. “We’re lucky. It was a pretty, nasty, awkward hit. For him not to be seriously injured, it’s a blessing.”

Can't help but notice the special viciousness opposing players use when they get a chance to take him out. It seems unprecedented to me, and I've seen the best. Griffin seems to inspire unusual venom, probably because of all the publicity, as well as the frustration of being made look bad by his skills.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:35 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:

Can't help but notice the special viciousness opposing players use when they get a chance to take him out. It seems unprecedented to me, and I've seen the best. Griffin seems to inspire unusual venom, probably because of all the publicity, as well as the frustration of being made look bad by his skills.

I agree. People are trying to punish him.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:00 am

chiefhog44 wrote:Would love to see Griff play, but see this game as an opportunity to win with Cousins. If he looks good, we could be looking at a trade for a 1st rounder next year with a pretty poor QB class and a lot of teams looking for a QB.

The other benefit is giving Griff a week to rest and get ready for a stretch run. He was on fire after the bye. Would love to recharge for a playoff and super bowl run. This team is magical right now, and I think we could carry on for a game against the Browns. The Browns are a good team as well. I just think the Skins can beat them this week with Cousins.

Chief, I don't think we can afford to rest Griffin if we want to make the playoffs. But I do like your thinking! It would be an amazing feat to recoup our 2013 first round pick that way.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:45 am

rskin72 wrote:So, according to ESPN it is a grade 1 LCL sprain. Knee is swollen a little, and RGIII is receiving treatment for it.

Their expert also recommended that he rest for three or four weeks or risk reinjury.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:49 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:

I think it's the only way they have to try and stop him. They are trying to knock him out of the game. Really, it's sort of a bounty situation when you think about it.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 am

Three to four weeks of rest... hah.

These guys are football players. Fletcher has been playing on a sprained ankle for what four weeks now? 9 tackles and an INT on Sunday.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Deadskins wrote: .. I think it's the only way they have to try and stop him. They are trying to knock him out of the game. Really, it's sort of a bounty situation when you think about it.

I'll agree - but it's a perfectly legal and 'proper' way to play the game - by proper I mean it's the way the NFL is mean't to be played

This is a game in which 'the hard & tough play' - a good running back is a much more effective player if he runs hard - a good defensive player is one that hits opposing players hard - EACH AND EVERY TIME

defensive players have felt for years that the NFL has tried to protect the QB and the offensive players - the game involves defensive players trying to make offensive players 'slow down' and not be as 'quick'

I understand that defensive players are trying to take out Griffin - that is a part of the game

dirty hits are penalized but if you can take out the opposing team's best player - and the only penalty is a 15 yard personal plus a fine - that is the way the game is set up by the NFL

btw - The NFL does NOT want RG3 on the sidelines - NO WAY - this kid is worth a lot more to the NFL than he is to the Redskins

He's our savior NO DOUBT - he's a gold mine to the NFL - he could be the MVP in his rookie year - that's unbelievable
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:31 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I understand that defensive players are trying to take out Griffin - that is a part of the game

Is it? I thought the game was to tackle him.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Countertrey wrote:"Do we accept the offer from the Cardinals, from the Jets, or do we wait until someone is REALLY desperate for a quarterback of Captain Kirk's quality?"

If DESPERATION is the key word here ...

We have Grossman READY to be shipped to Phoenix tomorrow.

I mean, he is an experienced QB and certainly an improvement over their current players. He deserves another chance elsewhere.

I would trade him for a second round pick, (between us, even a third).
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football