Playoffs...Playoffs??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Rabid Raven wrote:Hey guys, congrats. Major respect for your team here. I'm glad we only have to face you once every four years, that game was an instant classic.

Good luck going forward...hope to see you in the Super Bowl!

Pulling for you guys in two weeks! Good luck!

good luck from here too - that game was HUGE - we were lucky that Ray and Suggs were not on the field ...

I'll be in Baltimore for that Giants game and may even have to show up at M&T ...
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:31 am

The Hogster wrote:I think we will need to win out regardless. But, I expect the Giants to take an L to the Falcons. The Falcons owe them one for that shallacking they got in the playoffs last year.

The Ravens will beat them as well, and they seem to always find a way to lose to Philly at home.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:34 am

SkinsJock wrote:this comes down to us or Chicago IMO

Seattle and San Francisco from the West

Green Bay

Atlanta

NY giants and Redskins

Nope, it's the G-strings who will be competing with Chicago for that last wild-card spot. We are winning the East.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:35 am

I think the Giants are a better team than the Falcons myself. If anybody is going to beat NY this month, I'm looking at the Ravens.

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:09 am

I saw somewhere: We win and CHI loses to GB, we control our own destiny :o . So, go us, then go GB, then go ATL, then go BUF.

Side note: How awesome would it be for the two wild-card games to be NYG at us and SEA at Lambeau?

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:32 am

ACW wrote:I saw somewhere: We win and CHI loses to GB, we control our own destiny :o . So, go us, then go GB, then go ATL, then go BUF.

Side note: How awesome would it be for the two wild-card games to be NYG at us and SEA at Lambeau?

When I look at the playoff scenario, I could see us beating out NYG OR CHI.

In order to take out CHI, they NEED to lose to GB and we need to win out. I believe they can and will beat AZ and DET.

In order to beat out NYG, they need to lose to either ATL or BAL (I assume they will beat PHI) -- and we need to win out.

I personally believe that either CHI or NYG will lose at least 1 of their remaining 3 games. BUT NO MATTER WHAT WE NEED TO WIN OUT. If we do, we'll make the playoffs............
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 am

The Cowboys and Giants will probably both lose to the Steelers & Falcons respectively.

This is a huge game against Cleveland.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:08 pm

The Hogster wrote:The Cowboys and Giants will probably both lose to the Steelers & Falcons respectively.

That's a big probably. The Steelers and Falcons just got their butts handed to them by the Chargers and Panthers respectively.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:45 pm

riggofan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:The Cowboys and Giants will probably both lose to the Steelers & Falcons respectively.

That's a big probably. The Steelers and Falcons just got their butts handed to them by the Chargers and Panthers respectively.

No excuses for the Steelers, but the Falcons lost to a division rival on the road. They play the G-strings at home, where they rarely lose.

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:53 pm

I have a good feeling about us making it to the playoffs.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:

No excuses for the Steelers, but the Falcons lost to a division rival on the road. They play the G-strings at home, where they rarely lose.

I can't stand the Falcons and I think they're way overrated this season. They should have lost to the Panthers AT HOME earlier this season, except for a ridiculous, late Cam Newton fumble. Either way, I hope they spank the Giants on Sunday. The one thing we don't want to see is NY start to get on a roll this month.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:27 pm

If we had RGIII the whole second half, we would have beat them IMHO.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:53 pm

FLWSkin wrote:If we had RGIII the whole second half, we would have beat them IMHO.

No doubt. But Atlanta is a better team than people think. They will handle the G-strings this weekend.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Forget CHI; if we win, and ATL beats NYG, we control our destiny for the East :shock:

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:54 pm

We probably need to catch CHI or NYG. Catching Seattle is tougher.

The Wild Card

The Seahawks (8-5) can't punch their ticket to the postseason in Week 15, but they can get one foot in the door by beating Buffalo.

Trailing Seattle and Chicago in the Wild Card standings are Minnesota, Dallas and Washington, who are all sitting at 7-6. The Seahawks have head-to-head wins over Minnesota and Dallas (plus Chicago), which is good news if you're a Seahawks fan. If the Seahawks were to finish in a 3- or even 4-way tie that involved Chicago, Dallas and/or Minnesota, the Seahawks would get a playoff berth.

Minnesota and Chicago both still have to play NFC North leader Green Bay (9-4), so the Packers will have definitely have a say in how the conference playoff race shakes out.

Washington seems to be the biggest threat, the Redskins have won four in a row and in the next two weeks, they play Cleveland and Philadelphia. However, with Robert Griffin III hobbled, neither of those games is a lock. The Redskins close the season with Dallas, which is actually good news for Seattle because the loser of that game will likely finish on the outside looking in.

The Seahawks didn't play the Redskins this season, so if the two teams finished in a tie for a Wild Card berth, the tiebreaker would be best winning percentage in conference games. Both teams are currently 6-4 in the NFC, with two remaining. The Seahawks still have to play the Rams and 49ers -- both at home, while the Redskins travel to Philadelphia and host Dallas.

If the Redskins and Seahawks tie in conference games, the next tiebreaker would be winning percentage against common opponents. Washington and Seattle have four common opponents this season -- Dallas, Minnesota, St. Louis and Carolina -- the Seahawks are currently 3-1 against that foursome, while Washington is 2-2. Seattle still has a game left against St. Louis, while the Redskins still have to play Dallas.

Bottom line: The easiest path to the playoffs for the Seahawks is a 2-1 finish in the final three games. The Seahawks being left out of the playoffs at 10-6 would involve the Bears winning out AND either the Redskins or Cowboys winning out also. The Bears close with Green Bay, Arizona and Detroit while Dallas closes with Pittsburgh, New Orleans and Washington.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football