Skins-Ravens Recap: Self-Promotion Edition

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5220
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:03 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Skins-Ravens Recap: Self-Promotion Edition

Postby cvillehog » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:04 am

For the second time this season, I got the chance to fill in for the regular Redskins columnist on RVANews, a local news site here in Richmond. Have a read and let me know what you think!

http://rvanews.com/sports/redskins-our- ... -win/77530

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:15 am

I think the timeout rule is in the final minute, not two, but altogether another good piece. :up:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5220
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:03 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby cvillehog » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:42 am

Deadskins wrote:I think the timeout rule is in the final minute, not two, but altogether another good piece. :up:


You know, I meant to actually look up the rule, but the original injury happened at just under 2 minutes, so either we took a timeout, which wasn't evident from the broadcast, or they took one away from us.

And, thanks!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Staten Island

Postby PAPDOG67 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Can anyone clarify this for me. I thought there was suppose to be a 10 second run-off after the intentional grounding on RGIII. I was happy to see there wasn't, but I thought that required a 10 second run-off if it occurred with under 2 minutes remaining???

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5220
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:03 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby cvillehog » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:34 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:Can anyone clarify this for me. I thought there was suppose to be a 10 second run-off after the intentional grounding on RGIII. I was happy to see there wasn't, but I thought that required a 10 second run-off if it occurred with under 2 minutes remaining???


The 10 second run-off is if you don't have any time outs.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:49 pm

cvillehog wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:Can anyone clarify this for me. I thought there was suppose to be a 10 second run-off after the intentional grounding on RGIII. I was happy to see there wasn't, but I thought that required a 10 second run-off if it occurred with under 2 minutes remaining???


The 10 second run-off is if you don't have any time outs.

So you just answered your own question about where the timeout went.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5220
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:03 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby cvillehog » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Deadskins wrote:
cvillehog wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:Can anyone clarify this for me. I thought there was suppose to be a 10 second run-off after the intentional grounding on RGIII. I was happy to see there wasn't, but I thought that required a 10 second run-off if it occurred with under 2 minutes remaining???


The 10 second run-off is if you don't have any time outs.

So you just answered your own question about where the timeout went.


I looked it up after your post. :)

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4836
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Wait! The big news is that finally, after almost eight years, I know Cville's real name!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5220
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:03 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby cvillehog » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:53 pm

welch wrote:Wait! The big news is that finally, after almost eight years, I know Cville's real name!


And what I look like! At least, what I looked like earlier this year when I had a beard.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Postby rskin72 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Nice article. And the timeout rule IS after the two minute warning, not one minute. See link below, go to INJURY TIMEOUTS AFTER TWO MINUTE WARNING IN EITHER HALF article 4

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/pu ... Timing.pdf
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:33 pm

rskin72 wrote:Nice article. And the timeout rule IS after the two minute warning, not one minute. See link below, go to INJURY TIMEOUTS AFTER TWO MINUTE WARNING IN EITHER HALF article 4

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/pu ... Timing.pdf

It must be penalties with no timeouts that cost you 10 seconds only in the final minute then.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4836
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:49 pm

cvillehog wrote:
welch wrote:Wait! The big news is that finally, after almost eight years, I know Cville's real name!


And what I look like! At least, what I looked like earlier this year when I had a beard.


Thoughtful. You look thoughtful.

08 Champ
Posts: 13054
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:58 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the article - well done :up:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5220
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:03 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby cvillehog » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks guys! I have to say, it was more fun to write this one than the last one I did (Steelers).

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football