Playoffs...Playoffs??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby funsho2 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:04 pm

winning the division should be our goal...the giants will lose either the atlanta game or the baltimore game.....winning the division means we host a game

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 pm

funsho2 wrote:winning the division should be our goal...the giants will lose either the atlanta game or the baltimore game.....winning the division means we host a game

I think, think I'd rather this team go on the road to play its first playoff game. Somehow, I think it is easier for a team like ours to focus on the road then at home. Then again, seeing the 2nd playoff game ever at Fed Ex Field would be sort of cool, to say the least.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Pretty sure it would be the third.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Deadskins wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:If we had RGIII the whole second half, we would have beat them IMHO.

No doubt. But Atlanta is a better team than people think. They will handle the G-strings this weekend.

I would love Atlanta to win but I'm going to pick the g-strings because I'm hoping it puts a hex on them

PLUS

that new RB the g-strings have is going to be really good and he's fast

we're going to have to win out and hope the ravens really need that game next week
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:56 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:If we had RGIII the whole second half, we would have beat them IMHO.

No doubt. But Atlanta is a better team than people think. They will handle the G-strings this weekend.

I would love Atlanta to win but I'm going to pick the g-strings because I'm hoping it puts a hex on them

PLUS

that new RB the g-strings have is going to be really good and he's fast

we're going to have to win out and hope the ravens really need that game next week

The Falcons are trying for home field throughout the playoffs. This is an important game for them too.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 pm

If we ONLY lose to Cleveland then all we need is for the g-strings to lose to Atlanta & Baltimore - we still win the division

I do like Atlanta but that stupid NY team is playing well and will be tough in Atlanta

I do think the ravens take them down in MD
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:43 am

SkinsJock wrote:If we ONLY lose to Cleveland then all we need is for the g-strings to lose to Atlanta & Baltimore - we still win the division

I do like Atlanta but that stupid NY team is playing well and will be tough in Atlanta

and we also need the cowboys to lose to the steelers

Hog

Postby ACW » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 am

funsho2 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:If we ONLY lose to Cleveland then all we need is for the g-strings to lose to Atlanta & Baltimore - we still win the division

and we also need the cowboys to lose to the steelers
Not so. We lose this week and they win, we both win next week, we're 8-7, they're 9-6 going into Week 17. We win then, we have the same record but have the tiebreaker :D

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:13 am

Just WIN baby
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:54 am

That is only if we beat Philly AND Dallas (which you eluded to). Those are 2 divisional games. They are far from gimmees. And the Dallas matchup could very well be a "winner makes playoffs/takes division" scenario.

I think that if anyone beats NYG, it's the Falcons. BAL is in disaray. They could VERY EASILY lose their remaining 3 games vs. DEN, NYG, and @ CINCY.

We need to win out AND get help --- plain & simple.

Because if CHI loses to GB (which I think is very likely) and we beat CLE --- we control our own destiny for the remainder of the season.
Last edited by markshark84 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:58 am

ALL the Redskins need to do is just WIN this game

the way this season has gone there is no way that any of the top 20 teams cannot lose each and every week - happens all the time

all we need to do is win this game - ONLY the fans are looking at the possibilities - the players are ONLY focused on this game, this week

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:00 pm

markshark84 wrote:

That is only if we beat Philly AND Dallas (which you eluded to). Those are 2 divisional games. They are far from gimmees. And the Dallas matchup could very well be a "winner makes playoffs/takes division" scenario.

I think that if anyone beats NYG, it's the Falcons. BAL is in disaray. They could VERY EASILY lose their remaining 3 games vs. DEN, NYG, and @ CINCY.

Because if CHI loses to GB (which I think is very likely) and we beat CLE --- we control our own destiny for the remainder of the season.

Ray Lewis coming back will be an emotional lift. I don't see the Ravens losing after they lose Sunday to Peyton and the Bronco's..........My biggest concern is if the Steelers will win in Dallas..........

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:00 pm

SkinsJock wrote:ALL the Redskins need to do is just WIN this game

the way this season has gone there is no way that any of the top 20 teams cannot lose each and every week - happens all the time

all we need to do is win this game - ONLY the fans are looking at the possibilities - the players are ONLY focused on this game, this week

Totally agree.

As fans we have that luxury. If the players did what we're are doing --- they'd be in trouble.

For them it's one game at a time. I just hope that is what they are doing and not just what they are saying they are doing.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
markshark84 wrote:

Ray Lewis coming back will be an emotional lift. I don't see the Ravens losing after they lose Sunday to Peyton and the Bronco's..........My biggest concern is if the Steelers will win in Dallas..........

Solid point. Ray coming back will be huge for them.

I do really hope they lose to DEN this sunday. That way, they will NEED the NYG game.

DAL is not the worry. We currently control their destiny. Regardless, I am pretty confident DAL will win that game.

This weekend, we want:
1. NYG to lose to ATL,
2. CHI to lose to GB, and
3. WAS to beat CLE

If these things happen, we are in the drivers seat moving forward.

Hog

Postby gushogs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm still amazed that we are talking playoffs this time of the year. The past xx seasons we had been talking about the draft. IMHO the main reason is Snyder being hands off football operations.
My best case scenario right now: cowturds game is a winner take all game.

HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football