Tyran Matheiu Entering Draft

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
#######

Tyran Matheiu Entering Draft

Postby The Hogster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 am

How far do you think this guy will fall? In which round would you draft him, if at all?
SPIT HAPPENS!!

piglet

Postby fresh1120 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:43 am

I would take him in the 3rd
rip #21

Postby yupchagee » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:05 pm

8th round. He's toxic.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 pm

No head cases.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:53 pm

A desperate team may take him, but I think he'll be a free agent.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby yupchagee » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Countertrey wrote:A desperate team may take him, but I think he'll be a free agent.

He'd be a good fit in Cincy.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 am

Countertrey wrote:A desperate team may take him, but I think he'll be a free agent.

He's got Cowboy written all over him. He'll make two plays a year and the talking heads at ESPN, FOX, & NBC will gush over how wonderful he is.

:roll:

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:06 am

There is no way he doesn't get drafted. I bet he doesn't make it past the 4th round.

I'd have to interview the guy before I could figure out whether I'd be willing to take a chance on him. But I'd probably be more conservative than other NFL coaches/GMs in making the call, so I bet he wouldn't fall to the point where I'd be comfortable drafting him (4th or later at best).
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:33 pm

I've seen about 85% of his games and I'll give you that he is a big play kid, but his cover skills are not nearly as good as his "football knack" is. He's worth a risk SO LONG AS he passes all other tests (interview, background and football shape (he has been out of football for a year), I'd think about him right at 4th round. There the risk is worth the reward, in my opinion.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:59 am

Janoris Jenkins turned out okay so far. Mathieu is said to be worse as far as off the field issues go.

I think someone will draft him especially since Janoris turned out ok. Another coach or GM will think they could turn it around as well. 3rd or fourth round.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:42 am

I would consider continuing with the trade down philosophy and taking him with an extra pick aquired via a trade. Maybe a 4th. But I think he'll be gone by then.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Well apparently we've been speaking with him, along with the Jets....

Maybe Trent and Fred can sort him out and talk some sense into him, what he stands to lose, etc.

Or then again maybe he'd drag them down to his level and get them smoking crack!!!!

:shock:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 pm

With the cap penalty, and our RGIII trade, we will have to take some calculated risks to improve this roster. I think the risk/reward evaluation favors drafting Matheiu.

I'd take him without hesitation.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:15 am

Man I hate to sound so negative, but this would be the only scenario I'd be 100% comfortable with signing him.

If there's nothing but crap out there once our turn comes up and he's on the list, I'd take that too.

I do love his playing ability but its slim pickings for us this year....why waste it on someone so risky?

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Well apparently we've been speaking with him, along with the Jets....

Maybe Trent and Fred can sort him out and talk some sense into him, what he stands to lose, etc.

Or then again maybe he'd drag them down to his level and get them smoking crack!!!!

:shock:

I'd be careful with that though. Seems the article also indicated that he's been talking to many other teams as well. He sounds like a spam email going out to every team. Not that I blame him.

Its wise none the less that we are talking to him...hopefully our guys are extremely discerning to decipher if he's truly had a change of heart. People act out based upon what is in their heart. Behavior changes are temporary and relapse is inevitable if there hasn't truly been a changed heart.

Return to NFL Draft 2013