GRIFFIN III Practices Today

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

GRIFFIN III Practices Today

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Is this guy human? Even I'm shocked that he's actually doing drills including running, lateral moves, and running.

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was on the field for the individual drills portion of Wednesday’s practice.
Griffin did some quick-step warmup jogs and flashed his teammates a thumbs-up, but did have a slight limp while he walked. He also did well on lateral shuffle drills and squats
. But it’s not clear how much of the practice he will participate in. At one point, Griffin turned and waved at reporters before lining up to throw a pass.
Griffin is nursing a sprained LCL in his right knee suffered in Sunday’s game against the Baltimore Ravens. He has not been ruled out for Sunday’s game at Cleveland and will be monitored on a day to day basis, Coach Mike Shanahan has said.

This deserves it's own thread because it focuses more on his recovery and status this week rather than his actual injury. I'm in DC and Griffin is expected to meet the media at 2pm. It's carried on ESPN980 for those of you who will miss it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/12/12/robert-griffin-iii-is-on-the-field-warming-up/
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Shanahan meets the press at 2:30. Griffin is scheduled for 3pm.

If you can't get the stream from the team site, I or (whoever else) can post updates on his status.

I live in DC. And, this place is charged up about RGIII. If he not only plays Sunday, but practices on a Tuesday after that hit? That just proves that this guy is different. On an Adrian Peterson, Sean Taylor level of beast-ness.
Last edited by The Hogster on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 pm

As a baby, he delivered himself and told his father “you’re welcome.”

His skin is made of leather.

He once came out of a game, just to tweet that he’s okay.

He’s the most interesting man in the world.

"I don't usually snap my leg in half, but when I do. It's just a sprain." ~RGIII
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Dude's gonna play!!!!

Thanks for posting this Hogster.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:17 pm

riggofan wrote:Dude's gonna play!!!!

Be careful there riggofan, the reports also said that he was limping after making certain throws. The media is only allowed in the first 30 minutes, who is to say Shanny didn't do this to make Cleveland believe he will play and throw Cousins at them. If your hurting when your planting and it's impacting your throws then she shouldn't play, but we will see what happens tomorrow and Friday and hope he is better by then with no set backs!! :!: :!: :!:

JSPB22

Re: GRIFFIN III Practices Today

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:24 pm

The Hogster wrote:Even I'm shocked that he's actually doing drills including running, lateral moves, and running.

I heard he's also running. :P
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:24 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:

Be careful there riggofan, the reports also said that he was limping after making certain throws. The media is only allowed in the first 30 minutes, who is to say Shanny didn't do this to make Cleveland believe he will play and throw Cousins at them. If your hurting when your planting and it's impacting your throws then she shouldn't play, but we will see what happens tomorrow and Friday and hope he is better by then with no set backs!! :!: :!: :!:

Yeah, yeah I'm just optimistic, but good for Shanahan either way. Definitely want to keep the Browns guessing.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:24 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:

This could be true. But, it's still encouraging that he's out there moving on it and going through drills. If he was too stiff, sore, or hurt to move at all, he'd be getting treatment.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Kirk Cousins is doing a presser now. Says he took some reps. But won't say how many.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:59 pm

RGIII is talking at 3pm.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:18 pm

The Hogster wrote:As a baby, he delivered himself and told his father “you’re welcome.”

"I don't usually snap my leg in half, but when I do. It's just a sprain." ~RGIII

:lol:
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby spenser » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:34 pm

The Hogster wrote:As a baby, he delivered himself and told his father “you’re welcome.”

Well played sir. Well played. Seriously though how money is rg3. He Says all the right things, plays his guts out, plays hurt, is humble, and oh did I mention he is a freaking phenom that is 1st in passer rating in NFL. I'm still waiting for him to get struck.by an asteroid or for me to wake up.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:39 pm

HE'S THE MOST...........INTERESTING MAN..........IN THE WORLD....!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Per RotoWire:

Griffin said during Wednesday's press conference that he will wear a knee brace Sunday at Cleveland, the Washington Times reports.

Spin: During the session, Griffin mentioned, "I did enough [in practice] to give myself the confidence to push it tomorrow and Friday." Furthermore, he said that "planting and throwing is not a problem." While he was able to test his wicked cuts and other movements on the run, there is no way one can simulate game speed, which will be the ultimate test if in fact he suits up in Week 15. Continue to watch his progress as the week carries on.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:57 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:

HE'S THE MOST...........INTERESTING MAN..........IN THE WORLD....!!!

This Redskin team has some players that you can't help but like. A whole team, now that I think of it...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football