Alfred Morris Video

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Alfred Morris Video

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 pm

It's tough not to like this guy. But, more importantly, I believe he may be the best find of Mike Shanahan yet.

Awesome guy who was a lifelong redskins fan. I still think he needs to get his old #32 back as soon as it's available. The #46 is jinxed!! And it's a FB number. :lol: #Superstition HAIL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/12/12/alfred-morris-still-sleeps-on-the-couch-at-home/
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:56 pm

He's currently my favorite player on the team -- which is a big deal to me since Fletcher has been it since 2008.

You can tell that none of this goes to his head. Just look at his facial expressions after he's tackled and in games. He jumps up and wants to run back to the huddle.

He is one of a couple of players I believe would still be in the NFL even if he didn't get paid and didn't have fans.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Awesome. We are so lucky to have RGIII at QB and Morris at RB. I hope they play together for 10 years. I have yet to hear an anecdote about either one that didn't make me like them even more.

Somehow I had missed that the Redskins were his favorite team growing up. Good man.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Wow, this is some guy. He's got his old battered car, he's kipping on his mum's couch, asking Santa what HE wants for Christmas, if you look up humility there's a picture of Alfred Morris looking back at you!

He is the complete antithesis of that Bertie Haynesworth!

So how does it work..? Do you have to go through 20 years of mediocrity and on-field disasters, where the best player by far you have in that generation is actually killed before his prime before you get blessed with the gifts we've been given this year...?!?!?!?

I mean, a likely future HoF QB, a tough no-nonsense hard running quality RB AND an accurate, consistant, reliable kicker with a strong leg - All in the one season!!!!

:hail:

My God, if we can repeat that next season with a CB, a Safety and a RT we'll be unstoppable!!!!!

:D
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:59 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Wow, this is some guy. He's got his old battered car, he's kipping on his mum's couch, asking Santa what HE wants for Christmas, if you look up humility there's a picture of Alfred Morris looking back at you!

So how does it work..? Do you have to go through 20 years of mediocrity and on-field disasters, where the best player by far you have in that generation is actually killed before his prime before you get blessed with the gifts we've been given this year...?!?!?!?

I mean, a likely future HoF QB, a tough no-nonsense hard running quality RB AND an accurate, consistant, reliable kicker with a strong leg - All in the one season!!!!

My God, if we can repeat that next season with a CB, a Safety and a RT we'll be unstoppable!!!!!

We deserve these great people and players. Don't forget. We've got Fred Davis, Brian Orakpo, Adam Carriker, and possibly two starting safeties returning next year.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:27 pm

True, true. And imagine if Chase Minnifield turns out to be a quality player also, and everything I've read about him suggests he wants it real bad, we'd be almost there I reckon....
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:True, true. And imagine if Chase Minnifield turns out to be a quality player also, and everything I've read about him suggests he wants it real bad, we'd be almost there I reckon....

We finally have a team that we can legitimately say is a couple of pieces away from being Super Bowl worthy.

We don't need big stars, just another great draft, and intelligent free agency. Add in the return of the injured guys, and we have the makings of a team that can legitimately win the NFC East more than once.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:58 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Wow, this is some guy. He's got his old battered car, he's kipping on his mum's couch, asking Santa what HE wants for Christmas, if you look up humility there's a picture of Alfred Morris looking back at you!

If Mr. Morris keeps this up for 10 years, he will also be a HOF member.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:25 pm

aswas71788 wrote:

If Mr. Morris keeps this up for 10 years, he will also be a HOF member.

No kidding.

After I read that I thought that 10 years would be incredible seeing how an RB shelf-life is about 8 years --- and an RB who runs similarly to Morris' is even lower.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Gibbs-type player.

Need more of these.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:21 pm

El Mexican wrote:Gibbs-type player.

Need more of these.

+1
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Cool video special on Alfred's 1991 Mazda. Just in case you thought it was a myth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/12/13/a-ride-in-alfred-morriss-car-video/
SPIT HAPPENS!!

piglet

Postby Quackjack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:45 pm

I really, REALLY would take Alfred over any HB we've had since Jerome Bettis.
Steelers fan, but the Redskins are my NFC (and hometown) team.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:16 pm

no worries SLR

there's a very good chance that even without those guys ...

THIS TEAM COULD WIN THE NFC EAST ... THIS YEAR .... :lol:
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:54 pm

SkinsJock wrote:THIS TEAM WILL WIN THE NFC EAST ... THIS YEAR .... :lol:

Fixed it for you. :wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football