Who's Gonna Start?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:28 pm

hah. That is awesome.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:59 am

Is there any doubt that RG3 is starting? .... really :lol:

and I look for Mike & Kyle to use the pistol formation and even include some running plays from it
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:25 am

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
markshark84 wrote:I think that RGIII will dress for the game. I'm just not sure he'll start.

Depending on the extent of RGIII's injury, (if not >90%) I would start Cousins and if he struggles put in RGIII. If Cousins plays well, it all worked out. If RGIII is close to 100% then no question he goes.

I'll buy that - I just think that RG3 is cleared to go and he'll be fine

riggofan wrote:So let me get this straight. If RGIII is less than 90% you would start Cousins. But if Cousins struggles, you would then go ahead and put in the injured RGIII? :hmm:

I'd suspect if RGIII isn't well enough to start the game, he's probably not the best bet to relieve Cousins down a few scores late in a game or something along those lines. :)

Yes. Why not? The reasoning is that an injury of where you are less than 90% has a greater likelihood of re-injury. As such you would not want to place RGIII in a position to reinjure unless we were going to loss the game. Therefore, you start KC, see how he does. If he is playing like Weeden in week 1, you take the risk with RGIII as this is a huge game. If KC comes in and plays like he did last week, then you don't have to.

And in terms of your second paragraph: 80% RGIII > 100% KC. No question. So I just disagree with your opinion on that. RGIII coming back in will create an "attitude" and momentum switch that would have a significant effect on the players around him. He would have the ability to bring them back.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 am

The Hogster wrote:Well seeing how the front page of the Washington Post--not the Sports Section--the ENTIRE PAPER includes this picture of RGIII stretching his right leg. I don't see how he doesn't play this week.

HAIL

SHOCKING that The Washington Post would share critical information with the enemy! :P

The thing I find funny in the article is that Colt McCoy is being used as the stand in for RG III on their scout team. I hope their defense keys in on Colt pretty well. Should be comical noticing the difference if RG III is on the field. Think that D might react a bit......late? :roll:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:45 am

I really don't think it matters much - the Browns have to prepare for both QBs and they will

The Redskins should give Kirk a little more time/reps this week and they will

Robert Griffin III is the captain and THE force on this team - IF he's able to play, he WILL start - NO DOUBT about it

the only people using the word "injury" are the media and the Redskins staff - well the Browns may be also - they're hoping& PRAYING that he's 'slightly injured'

RG3 has a mild sprain and is probably in better physical shape than most other players at this time of the season

RG3 WILL start - the only thing that will get him out of this game is if we decide to let Kirk Cousins get some 'clean-up' time

WHY would even consider not playing him if he's able to play - HE's NOT INJURED :roll:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby grampi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:55 am

The Hogster wrote:Well seeing how the front page of the Washington Post--not the Sports Section--the ENTIRE PAPER includes this picture of RGIII stretching his right leg. I don't see how he doesn't play this week.

HAIL

I do. A sprain, even a very mild one doesn't heal in just a few days...I see Cousins starting...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:06 pm

no worries grampi - I can understand that ..

the fact that the Redskins could win the NFC East with just 1 loss by the giants AND us winning out makes this game kind of big

We actually don't have too much pressure to win as the giants could quite easily lose the next 2 games

I look for the Redskins to try and finish this season 10-6

THAT would be a HUGE deal for everyone here

actually, maybe we get lucky ... the OC could get a HC job with all the teams that will be needing a HC

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:28 pm

markshark84 wrote:Yes. Why not? The reasoning is that an injury of where you are less than 90% has a greater likelihood of re-injury.

LOL. Is that a medical fact? Let me check webmd... :)

I get what you're saying, just don't agree with the logic. Bring in RGIII late in the game if KC doesn't do well? In that scenario, you're probably down a score or two. So you bring in your injured QB who is going to be under greater pressure to scramble and make plays. Playing from behind, its also likely that the defense knows you're passing more and using Morris less. AND the defense knows your QB has a sprained knee, so he is even more of a target.

If you're worried about getting your QB injured, I'm not sure that's a great strategy.

I think RGIII is either healthy enough to play or he isn't. Just MHO.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:11 pm

I still feel that RG3 is ready to play and that he will start .. don't see any reason to change

I will add that I hear that Jay Glazer is "reporting'" that RG3 has not taken any reps with the 1st unit this week ..

I'm not sure how reliable that 'report' is ... I'm hoping that RG3 is able to go ... but

I have NO DOUBT we win this game with either QB ... and it would be a huge PLUS for many reasons to NOT use RG3

can you imagine how much trade value ..... NO, STOP THAT !!!!!

OK - 1 GAME AT A TIME

C'mon, KC - bring it on - this one's for you :lol:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:04 pm

word is out that Kirk will be starting - I stand by my earlier post

no matter who the QB is we 'win'

this is a great opportunity for Kirk and the Redskins

gotta love this ...

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:06 pm

SkinsJock wrote:word is out that Kirk will be starting - I stand by my earlier post

gotta love this ...

Opportunity for what? to be the next starting qb for the redskins?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:13 pm

funsho2 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:word is out that Kirk will be starting - I stand by my earlier post

gotta love this ...

:shock: is that what you think - you're CRAZY or you're on something - hopefully you're home and don't have to drive tonight :roll:

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:19 pm

funsho2 wrote:

gotta love this ...

To improve his trade value. If Cousins can show he's got the chops to be a starter it can mean the difference between a third round pick and a sixth rounder.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:14 am

Bob 0119 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:

gotta love this ...

To improve his trade value. If Cousins can show he's got the chops to be a starter it can mean the difference between a third round pick and a sixth rounder.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:

gotta love this ...

EXACTLY - some fans here just don't see the big picture :wink:

AND

who in their right mind would think that there is even a slight chance that RG3 is not going to be THE QB & THE captain of this team for many years

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football