Hogs v Dogs. Sunday @ 1pm

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Hogs v Dogs. Sunday @ 1pm

Postby DawgTracker » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Browns fan here passing through. We've always had much respect for the Skins fan base---a knowledgeable bunch who mutually understands what decades of inept football feels like. I'm glad the tide appears to be turning for both teams.

Curious what RG3's "questionable" status is looking like for Sunday? Some beat reporters in Cleveland are assuming KC will start and Griff may come in for certain packages. Also if you guys have any questions on the Browns side I'd be glad to clarify.

Here's to an injury free Sunday. Cheers

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:34 pm

looking forward to a good game - IF RG3 is able to go and word is that he's 'ready and cleared, I really think he starts the game

I heard today that Trent is having an illness issue - anything more on that?

looking forward to seeing another exciting game with our team pulling out a victory

we are VERY fortunate to be in the position we're in - I was thinking we needed another year and here we are :shock:
we could actually be tied with the stupid giants tomorrow night ...

all the best and I'm hoping we see another good football game

HAIL
Hail to the Redskins

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:08 pm

*AHEAD of the gnats tomorrow night if we win and they lose. Same record but we own the divisional tie breaker. They split with us and the pukes and lost to the fecals already
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Re: Hogs v Dogs. Sunday @ 1pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:43 pm

DawgTracker wrote:Browns fan here passing through. We've always had much respect for the Skins fan base---a knowledgeable bunch who mutually understands what decades of inept football feels like. I'm glad the tide appears to be turning for both teams.

Yo.

DawgTracker wrote:Curious what RG3's "questionable" status is looking like for Sunday? Some beat reporters in Cleveland are assuming KC will start and Griff may come in for certain packages.

We are all speculating. Seems Captain Kirk is getting all the 1st-team snaps.

DawgTracker wrote:Also if you guys have any questions on the Browns side I'd be glad to clarify.

What do you guys see as your weakness? Your strength. Tell me about your center - Mack.

DawgTracker wrote:Here's to an injury free Sunday. Cheers

[-o<
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:22 pm

DawgTracker wrote:Browns fan here passing through. We've always had much respect for the Skins fan base---a knowledgeable bunch who mutually understands what decades of inept football feels like. I'm glad the tide appears to be turning for both teams.

Curious what RG3's "questionable" status is looking like for Sunday? Some beat reporters in Cleveland are assuming KC will start and Griff may come in for certain packages. Also if you guys have any questions on the Browns side I'd be glad to clarify.

Here's to an injury free Sunday. Cheers

Welcome to the site DT. I echo your sentiments and hope tomorrow is a good, injury free game.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Postby DawgTracker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:45 am

DarthMonk wrote:What do you guys see as your weakness? Your strength. Tell me about your center - Mack.

Browns as a whole are a very, very young team. Rookies have started 79 snaps so far this season and I believe the next highest number is Tampa Bay (around 44).

Weaknesses:
LB corps to single out one whole unit. Chris Gocong was on the rise here and losing him in TC to an achilles was a blow. D'Qwell Jackson is an animal but thats about it. Kaluka Maiava has been filling in at OLB for an aging/slow Scott Fujita. He's been a touch above average, if not underwhelming.

RDE's Frostee Rucker and Juqua Parker have provided good rotation for plugging up the run, but they aren't getting enough push on the tackles to demand the extra attention we need to unleash prime LDE, Jabaal Sheard.

Secondary. Outside Joe Haden eliminating half the field, and Sheldon Brown randomly playing like he was back in an Eagles uni, our rotational players Buster Skrine and Eric Hagg have been problematic. I expect Haden to shadow Garcon on most snaps, and Brown to work on Morgan and/or Hankerson.

Punting. Reggie Hodges and his 30 yards/punt make my insides sad.

Strengths:
Offensive line. We all know about Thomas and Mack, but RT Mitchell Schwartz was one of our rookies taken from the Atlanta trade---and he's played exceptional. On multiple occasions, Weeden will get upwards of 4 seconds to stay in the pocket, let the route tree develop, and comfortably deliver his ball. Veteran John Greco has been filling in for LG Jason Pinkston, who damn near died earlier this year from an emergency blood clot. He's filled in admirably the past three weeks.

Defensive line. With Phil Taylor and Ahtyba Rubin finally back, healthy, and playing in tandem, they are getting continuous pocket pressure with a four man front. Rookie 6th round pick Billy Winn is looking more like an early 2nd rounder. Very pleased with their development.

WR. I'm drinking a little orange kool-aid here, but if Josh Gordon had a minicamp (supplemental picks don't have that luxury) to develop, he may have eclipsed 1,000 yards a few weeks ago. For what it's worth, teammates are comparing his size/speed/hands in practice to Andre Johnson. Because of Gordon's emergence into a #1, second year Greg Little has taken full advantage of the secondary's lost attention.

RB. Trent Richardson is as advertised folks. Before re-hashing his ypc, something needs to be cleared up: dude's hurt. And my guess he's been sleeping in a chair every week this season. Week 2 vs. the Bengals, he not only cracked a rib, but suffered a contusion of the rib cartilage. Ribs need two months of doing not-a-damn-thing to heal. Ask Michael Vick. Not trying to be an excuse monger, but there is some cause and effect here. Regardless, T33 has over 1,200 yards in total offense and 10 TD's to his credit. He's doing this with a horrible fullback---Owen Marecic is about as good as any other white guy named Owen---and the immobile Brandon Weeden. Next season Browns nation is expecting very big things from him.

Health. Knock on wood, we might be the healthiest team in the NFL right now.

Finally you asked about Alex Mack. He's started every snap since being drafted and has earned yearly Pro Bowl consideration for a reason. One of my favorite guys on the team since he exemplifies what it meant to be the Brown during the Jim dynasty: a tough SOB. He played a full game last year with appendicitis and hours afterwards, his appendix burst. Mack was in smacking heads the very next week after surgery.

Postby DawgTracker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:57 am

What are some things an opposing fan should know about the Skins strengths/weaknesses this year? Aside from that one dude under center, of course...

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:13 am

DawgTracker wrote:What are some things an opposing fan should know about the Skins strengths/weaknesses this year? Aside from that one dude under center, of course...

Secondary has been a issue most of the year but that hasn't hurt the Skins lately, Trent and Fletch haven't really practiced in almost a month but also haven't missed a game...

What's up with TRich's playing time getting cut
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:26 am

DawgTracker wrote:What are some things an opposing fan should know about the Skins strengths/weaknesses this year? Aside from that one dude under center, of course...

1) Don't let our defense fool you. They give up yards and give up big plays, but in both the Giants and Ravens games they kept us in it and came up with big stops when they needed to.

2) Alfred Morris will not fall down on the first contact. You'll need to wrap him up and bring friends. He is rarely tackled by one guy. If he gets into your secondary he will outrun the linebackers and carry your DBs.

3) You'll need to protect the football. We have six defensive touchdowns this year. More than the past six years combined.

4) figure out where Ryan Kerrigan is and put a tight end and fullback on him.

Cousins is getting the start. I wouldn't rush him too often. Worry about Morris and play coverage. Force Cousins to beat you through the air. He hasn't seen much time but on seven completions he has two touchdowns and two Interceptions. He may not be RGIII but he can run if he has to. Watch for short passes and screens.

Beware Pierre. He is dangerous if he catches the ball in space.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Postby DawgTracker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:43 am

1niksder wrote:What's up with TRich's playing time getting cut

I'd say that's inaccurate. They like to use Hardesty for 1.5 - 2 full sets of downs, instead of intermittently throughout the course of a game. That may appear like him losing playing time but it's really the same.

Browns prefer this method to keep T's ribs monitored and legs strong.

Postby DawgTracker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:48 am

Must say, a little surprised Shanny disclosed RG3's status already :D

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:16 am

DawgTracker wrote: Rookies have started 79 snaps so far this season

What do you mean by this?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football