Redskins-Browns postgame....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:51 pm

I just feel like holding both hands up and giving two huge middle fingers to all of the haters out there. Everyone who knew better than Shanahan when it came to drafting two QBs this year. Everyone who said Kyle Shanahan couldn't call a game, that RGIII was just making him look good.

There's been no shortage of haters, nit-pickers, second guessers, and Monday morning QBs around here this year. I would like all of those clowns to stay home, so I can score my tickets when we host a playoff game here next month.

HTTR!!!!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:02 pm

riggofan wrote:I just feel like holding both hands up and giving two huge middle fingers to all of the haters out there. Everyone who knew better than Shanahan when it came to drafting two QBs this year. Everyone who said Kyle Shanahan couldn't call a game, that RGIII was just making him look good.

There's been no shortage of haters, nit-pickers, second guessers, and Monday morning QBs around here this year. I would like all of those clowns to stay home, so I can score my tickets when we host a playoff game here next month.

HTTR!!!!

+1 Credit has been given. Listen to Kirks presser

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:02 pm

I have defended KS a good deal on here. He called a GREAT game. THe run game wasn't working and he opened up KC to create passing lanes.

The coaching staff showed their worth today. They made good calls, made good adjustments at half and took care of business.

I didn't hurt that KC played a very good game.

That said, I couldn't help but think about how badly we would have won had RGIII played............
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:07 pm

This run has a lot of the 80,s look to it.
The skins/boyz game is shaping up to be for the
NFC East.

HTTR
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Complete effort on both sides of the ball. TRich held to 28 rushing yards. Redskins out scored Cleveland 28-7 in the second half (could have been 31 or 35 without the kneel down on first and goal).

This team has been brutal in the second halves of games out scoring their last three opponents 49-17 in the second half.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:11 pm

riggofan wrote:I just feel like holding both hands up and giving two huge middle fingers to all of the haters out there. Everyone who knew better than Shanahan when it came to drafting two QBs this year. Everyone who said Kyle Shanahan couldn't call a game, that RGIII was just making him look good.

HTTR!!!!

+1
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:18 pm

gibbsfan wrote:This run has a lot of the 80,s look to it.
The skins/boyz game is shaping up to be for the
NFC East.

HTTR

I am feeling it too. Sort of like 1981

Hog

Postby RedskinjXd » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:42 pm

if the cowboys win today, we can clinch the division next week with a win and losses by the giants and cowboys. if the cowboys lose today, we clinch the division with a win and a giants loss at the ravens.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:02 pm

I think this game cements my opinion on Cousins... no trades. Keep him.

He's had to win games twice already in RG3's absence and gotten it done. I don't think another free agent backup could have done this, and it could be what gets us into the post-season.

However... can we afford to keep him after his rookie contract? Will he want to stay here, on a winning team, as a key backup that WILL play at some point rather than start elsewhere?
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:07 pm

If we kept Beck he would have brought us right to the SB. :wink:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:12 pm

markshark84 wrote:That said, I couldn't help but think about how badly we would have won had RGIII played............

Or the refs had called a remotely balanced game.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:That said, I couldn't help but think about how badly we would have won had RGIII played............

Right? Two different missed PI calls on the Browns and a 15-yard taunting penalty on Garçon? Just ridiculous officiating; glad to see us overcome it yet again.

This "most penalized team in the league" thing is such bull. We have been the most penalized team in the league through three different coaches including a hall of famer and a future hall of famer known for his teams being some of the most disciplined teams in the league.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:46 pm

markshark84 wrote:I have defended KS a good deal on here. He called a GREAT game. THe run game wasn't working and he opened up KC to create passing lanes.

The coaching staff showed their worth today. They made good calls, made good adjustments at half and took care of business.

I didn't hurt that KC played a very good game.

That said, I couldn't help but think about how badly we would have won had RGIII played............

I know this isn't what you meant, but this coaching staff has been showing up for weeks and weeks now.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:57 pm

I love that the announcers in the 'girls and steelers game were saying that the dallas win creates a three way tie atop the east. No, in fact it does not. There is a first second and third team, even when the records are the same. Say MY TEAM'S NAME [female dog]. They are in first. Show respect where it is due.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Right? Two different missed PI calls on the Browns and a 15-yard taunting penalty on Garçon? Just ridiculous officiating; glad to see us overcome it yet again.

This "most penalized team in the league" thing is such bull. We have been the most penalized team in the league through three different coaches including a hall of famer and a future hall of famer known for his teams being some of the most disciplined teams in the league.

This is just off the top of my head: "Illegal shift" in Giants game, "leg whip" in Giants game. "Blow to the head" vs Carolina that was ih Cam's chest The false start today where the defender was moving, the phantom whistle in the Carolina game, the phantom whistle that stopped the Wilson TD in the Cinci game.....yeah, the refs have been on my bad side all year....I won't mention all the times I see our Dlineman getting held with no call...it makes me too angry.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football