When will RGIII's comments be spun by the press?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

When will RGIII's comments be spun by the press?

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:57 am

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/red ... ame-comme/

I have no problem with what RGIII said. But I can see some in the press saying it points to dissention. Of course he wanted to play. Of course the same guys who are gonna say RGIII is unhappy would have beat him up if he said he needed to sit out. They would say he was soft and didn't have heart.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:03 am

If he continues to sit out, they'll spin it. One game; everyone understands the team's decision even Griffin
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:11 am

Not that he matters, but I can see Skip Bayless bringing it up as something to watch.

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:22 am

I have no problem with what he said. He will probably spend his entire career dispelling the thoughts that he's too small, too fragile, too gimmicky, etc. Not to mention "He's not as good as Luck."

He can only prove them wrong by playing.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:26 am

And what the hell is controversial about this?

On what coaches told him about not playing:
"Long term, obviously. Protecting me from myself. Not allowing me to go out there and put myself in harm's way."

He UNDERSTANDS it. He just is an ULTRA competitive guy and did not want to sit this game. In the end, everything is forgotten next week when he shreds Philthy. :twisted:

People looking for a story and controversy may create one BUT we all know better, including RGIII. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:29 am

Andy Pollin made some comments about it on the radio show this morning. He basically said though that it probably wasn't a big deal and that you want your starter to have that competitiveness and want to be out there.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:30 am

This is silly. Having watched his butt buddy, Rob Parker, shredded for crossing the line, I'll bet that even the souless Bayless will keep his ignorant mouth shut... and, if Bayless is stupid enough to "speak", so what?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:55 am

Skip isn't that smart. The "so what" for me is always people saying "if you ignore idiots they go away". I see them multiplying in large numbers and just wonder if smart people need to do more to drive the conversation. "Is RGIII down with the cause?" Really?!?!?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:39 am

FLWSkin wrote:Not that he matters, but I can see Skip Bayless bringing it up as something to watch.

Skip "the Crypt Keeper" Bayless will almost certainly make an accusation that Shanny is a racist and that is why he kept Robert out. Or he will have his sockmonkey, Rob Parker, make the statement accusing MS.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:42 am

Don't think Rob will be commenting for a while.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:57 am

This is a pointless topic - there are always going to be detractors ...

it's the old 'tall poppy syndrome'

I understand that some here will try and bring up everything and anything .. :roll:

there is nothing of interest here - a waste of time to even bring it up ... :twisted:

we have so much to be thankful for and to enjoy ... :D
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Seems like the more conflict a article or comment generates the more money, hits and discussions are made or created. I think true journalism is dead, and media owners feel they need to make some sort of shock statement to bring value, I mean don't we all remember the articles that discussed that black athletes were not smart enough to play quarterback? What about the comments Rush Limbaugh made on McNabb years ago. There has always been articles and or comments made about race and there seems like there always will be. It's sad that these journalists have to retread the same old crap instead of writing things that would actually be good articles.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Shanannan is playing with fire ....if Rg3 is not happy....you won't have a job......if u keep doing this and fans ask for cousins to start ....Rg3 will demand a trade and the redskins back to losing ......because if Rg3 has any kind of struggle fans will scream for cousins....i questioned the draft pick in the first place cuz it shows u are not confident in rg3 ....luck and newton don't have to look over their shoulders ...now he just open a can of worms ......

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:26 pm

funsho2 wrote:Shanannan is playing with fire ....if Rg3 is not happy....you won't have a job......if u keep doing this and fans ask for cousins to start ....Rg3 will demand a trade and the redskins back to losing ......because if Rg3 has any kind of struggle fans will scream for cousins....i questioned the draft pick in the first place cuz it shows u are not confident in rg3 ....luck and newton don't have to look over their shoulders ...now he just open a can of worms ......

I know what he can do with that can of worms.........

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 pm

funsho2 wrote:Shanannan is playing with fire ....if Rg3 is not happy....you won't have a job......if u keep doing this and fans ask for cousins to start ....Rg3 will demand a trade and the redskins back to losing ......because if Rg3 has any kind of struggle fans will scream for cousins....i questioned the draft pick in the first place cuz it shows u are not confident in rg3 ....luck and newton don't have to look over their shoulders ...now he just open a can of worms ......

Please! I think you are the only one who would ever scream for Cousins over RGIII, or think RGIII would ever ask for a trade because of Kirk. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football