Shout out to #85

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:01 pm

Hankerson don't make those crucial 4th quarter catches during Giants AND Ravens game...we lose. We don't need him to catch 10 balls, thats not his role in this run first offense. I don't think they are asking any one receiver to have those gaudy numbers. We just need him to make plays when they call on him and he has this year.

Mike Shanahan is getting everyone involved and we are finally building a team!

Props to Hankerson, Robinson, Morgan guys we needed to step up that has.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15877
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:29 am

The Hogster wrote:Hankerson does seem to always be off balance. Kind of a lumbering guy. But, the injury he had is no easy injury. Ask Jammal Brown. He's a 4.4. guy who can run, so I excuse his apparent stumbling issues for now. But, he does need to catch more consistently. He and Niles Paul need to be after practice every day with the ball machine.

Good post. I agree with all of that. I have also noticed the always off-balance issue.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:47 am

This is the NFL ... Not For Long League.

Either Hank and Niles up their game or they risk not making the team next season. Nobody woud want them to succeeed more than us BUT they need to perform better than what they have done so far.

Not bad, just we need better from them. Just say'n :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~~~
Posts: 1422
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:54 am
Location: Finksburg MD

Postby Warmother » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 am

I'm happy with Hankerson's play, I thought he started the year slowly but has really come on as of late. He has made some big catches the last couple of games. Considering the amount of time he has missed because of injuries he might be ahead of a normal young WR as far as development.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1639
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:23 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:This is the NFL ... Not For Long League.

Either Hank and Niles up their game or they risk not making the team next season. Nobody woud want them to succeeed more than us BUT they need to perform better than what they have done so far.

Not bad, just we need better from them. Just say'n :wink:


I guess you were able to echo my sentiments in a more diplomatic manner..... :wink:

Whether Hank is the #1 or #4, he needs to step up his game or he'll be out. There are visible problems with his game he needs to fix NOW.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:21 pm

markshark84 wrote:I guess you were able to echo my sentiments in a more diplomatic manner..... :wink:

Once a mentor told me:

You can say ANYTHING you want!

But you MUST always pay special attention about HOW you say it.

Let me elaborate further:

Monk, Clark and Sanders ... THREE consistent big play threats on EVERY down.

Garcon ... mmmm maybe Tana at times and ... Morgan? Hank? Robinson?

There is a big drop from Garcon to Tana and then another from Tana to the rest.

Nobody will complain if we get at least another CONSISTENT threat. So, our guys have only a few games left to make a lasting good impression with coaches and fans. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:28 pm

This season has proven that Santana Moss deserves to keep playing here until he's no longer producing at a high level.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

tribe
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:09 am

YES...Hank is finally showing his "worth" for the Skins. He was clutch yesterday.

I hope he continues to grow and develop - with the coaching of Moss and Garcon....he's sure to get better and better.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

Postby DaveD1420 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Hankerson still has 2 games left in his 2nd season, and he's already far surpassed (49/684/3) Devin Thomas's numbers (43/482/3) for his entire 6 year career.

He's also crushing Malcolm Kelly's 2 year numbers (28/365/0).

Count me as happy with Hank!

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:15 pm

DaveD1420 wrote:Hankerson still has 2 games left in his 2nd season, and he's already far surpassed (49/684/3) Devin Thomas's numbers (43/482/3) for his entire 6 year career.

He's also crushing Malcolm Kelly's 2 year numbers (28/365/0).

Count me as happy with Hank!


Yeah, and at least he fell down into the end zone this time!

HAIL
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Just curious. Are Cousins/Hankerson more familiar with each other because of how the team practices? Sure looked like they were on the same page yesterday.

Thanks for posting those comparison numbers to Thomas/Kelly. No doubt Hankerson has room to improve, but nice to see a WR we drafted growing and CONTRIBUTING.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1639
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:38 pm

DaveD1420 wrote:Hankerson still has 2 games left in his 2nd season, and he's already far surpassed (49/684/3) Devin Thomas's numbers (43/482/3) for his entire 6 year career.

He's also crushing Malcolm Kelly's 2 year numbers (28/365/0).

Count me as happy with Hank!


Again, it's all about standards. Holding ANY WR to the Thomas-Kelly standard should be a crime. They were COMPLETE BUSTS.

The mistake that I did make was that Hank was a 3rd rounder, not a second. As such, my expectations have been lowered.

Expectations (like standards) are subjective. Due to the fact Hank has been an under-performer, my expectations have been lowered. With these lowered expectations, Hank has put together 2 decent (for Hank) back-to-back games, which is nice to see. However, he needs to show more consistency. He has been basically a ghost in 7 games (or roughly half) this year. I still continue to have serious concerns with his "balance" issues and the fact he doesn't make "clean" (i.e., bobbles a ton of balls) catches. If he doesn't improve on those things (and show it) by the end of the year I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone next season.

Now, I have to say that I no longer consider him on my "most hated" list (in that I no longer yell ;furious; when I see him in the game). That has temporarily been lifted --- but he still needs to improve on his balance and clean catches or else he may be unemployed next season.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

Postby DaveD1420 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:51 pm

markshark84 wrote:
DaveD1420 wrote:Hankerson still has 2 games left in his 2nd season, and he's already far surpassed (49/684/3) Devin Thomas's numbers (43/482/3) for his entire 6 year career.

He's also crushing Malcolm Kelly's 2 year numbers (28/365/0).

Count me as happy with Hank!


Again, it's all about standards. Holding ANY WR to the Thomas-Kelly standard should be a crime. They were COMPLETE BUSTS.


I agree that they were busts. That's the comparison, so thanks for explaining my post to me.

Nearly every draft and acquisition we've had for 10 years have been busts. To see a draftee actually progressing and starting to contribute is the point, and the only standard of comparison is the previous 2 "big" draft picks.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1639
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:02 pm

riggofan wrote:Just curious. Are Cousins/Hankerson more familiar with each other because of how the team practices? Sure looked like they were on the same page yesterday.

Thanks for posting those comparison numbers to Thomas/Kelly. No doubt Hankerson has room to improve, but nice to see a WR we drafted growing and CONTRIBUTING.


I don't think so --- after all Hank only caught the ball twice. The second TD could have been to anyone. It was a designed roll out.

KC was just on yesterday after his TD pass to Hank at the end of the first quarter. After that point he was:
4-4 to Josh Morgan
6-7 to Garcon*
5-6 to Moss
4-4 to Paulson (discounting the intentional grounding pass)
2-3 to Royster
1-2 to Hankerson

* KC was really 6-10 but I am discounting (1) the pass Garcon clearly caught that the refs got wrong, (2) the PI pass, and (3) the ball KC threw away in the end zone that was "attempted" to Garcon but really wasn't.

The KC-Hankerson connection wasn't really there. KC was actually connecting with the first team players even more effectively than Hankerson.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1639
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm

DaveD1420 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
DaveD1420 wrote:Hankerson still has 2 games left in his 2nd season, and he's already far surpassed (49/684/3) Devin Thomas's numbers (43/482/3) for his entire 6 year career.

He's also crushing Malcolm Kelly's 2 year numbers (28/365/0).

Count me as happy with Hank!


Again, it's all about standards. Holding ANY WR to the Thomas-Kelly standard should be a crime. They were COMPLETE BUSTS.


I agree that they were busts. That's the comparison, so thanks for explaining my post to me.

Nearly every draft and acquisition we've had for 10 years have been busts. To see a draftee actually progressing and starting to contribute is the point, and the only standard of comparison is the previous 2 "big" draft picks.


Perhaps I am not sure what you are saying ---- is it that you believe Hankerson is not a bust AND therefore you are happy with him because he isn't a bust?

If so, that is a little to simplified for my taste. I find that determining a player's worth is a little more complicated than: bust or not a bust.

And I'm not totally sure I would consider what Hankerson is doing as "progressing". Contributing --- yes, he had 2 TDs --- but not progressing. Progressing to me would be seeing Hankerson improve on the issues he currently has ---- which are balance/agility and his hands. Those issues are still at-large. He has talent, but he is not capitalizing on it because of his deficiencies.

Also, we can't compare anything that MS/BA has done during their tenure to the Danny/Vinny era. Because comparing things to the bottom of the class has no value --- as everything should be above those results. What MS/BA have done (and the players they have selected vs. the past selections by Danny/Vinny) should be superior in every way.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football