Fletcher's family attacked by classless Browns fans

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Fletcher's family attacked by classless Browns fans

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:25 pm

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/sports/foot ... ns-stadium

According to a family member of Fletcher's, an altercation between several members of the family and some fans took place after Sunday's game. The family said Cleveland police used Tasers during the incident, which resulted in the arrest of three of Fletcher's family members.

Two of Fletcher's cousins, Hasaan Robinson and Douglas Robinson, were arrested, along with an 18-year-old nephew of the Redskins linebacker according to the family. NewsChannel 5 has reached out to the Cleveland Police Department but has not yet confirmed the alleged arrests.

Nita Ashford, a Cleveland school teacher and a relative of Fletcher, told NewsChannel5 that her family was attacked by angry Browns fans as the family left Sunday's game. During the attack, Fletcher's aunt, 57-year-old-Evette Robinson, suffered a heart attack and was rushed to MetroHealth Medical Center, where her condition at this time is still unknown.


Stay classy, Cleveland...smh
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

the 'mudge
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Fletcher's family attacked by classless Browns fans

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:Stay classy, Cleveland...smh


too late. Pathetic.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4836
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 pm

What?!?!? And Fletcher's aunt suffered a heart attack during the assault????


Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10996
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:28 pm

I wish I could say I was surprised, but NFL stadiums are not family-friendly places to be. Some are worse than others — pretty much all of the rust-belt pits — but most have these kinds of "fans" hanging around.

Really sad about Fletcher's family. I hope his aunt is OK.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15877
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:34 am

And it was Fletcher's relatives that were arrested. No officials in Cleveland made good calls today. smh
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

-----------
Posts: 2497
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:30 pm
Location: Arkansas

Postby Smithian » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:01 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I wish I could say I was surprised, but NFL stadiums are not family-friendly places to be. Some are worse than others — pretty much all of the rust-belt pits — but most have these kinds of "fans" hanging around.
Exactly.

Been to many an away NBA and MLB game, never had near as bad experiences I had at away NFL games. Not a fun experience.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

+++++++++
Posts: 5225
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:21 am

Postby Skinsfan55 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 am

We need to strongly condemn this kind of violence. Going to an NFL stadium shouldn't be like walking through a bad neighborhood.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:41 am

I hate hearing about these fights at football stadiums, it's stupid. But we are hearing from one side of the story here...if Fletcher's family was attacked, why were his family members the only ones arrested?

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15877
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:But we are hearing from one side of the story here...if Fletcher's family was attacked, why were his family members the only ones arrested?

Probably because they escalated things after his aunt had the heart attack, would be my guess.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:15 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby andyjens89 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:37 am

I was at the game. I sat 20 feet from Fletcher's family. This story is being misinterpreted. The security personnel were the ones who got into a fight with Fletcher's family members.

They were celebrating the win and a few of them were standing on the seats and the security person told them to "Get the f--- off of the seats, this isn't your home". Subsequently he proceeded to grab one of Fletcher's family members and the wife of said member tried to intervene. The security person shoved the wife and the husband became furious. Then they tussled and the security guy started to gouge the man's eyes as they were entangled. Other family members stepped in and it became a huge fiasco. An elderly member was shoved against the wall and arrested for intervening. I left before the tasers came out, but it was pretty crazy from what I saw.

I can't say for sure who is in the wrong here, but from my point of view the security guy was way out of line.

Earlier in the game, some fans from the above section may have spilled something onto the family. They (the Fletcher family) were being loud and exuberant, but not to the point that security needed to step in. The fight occurred once the game was in hand, right around the 2:00 warning
XVII XXII XXVI

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10996
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:06 pm

andyjens89 wrote:I was at the game. I sat 20 feet from Fletcher's family. This story is being misinterpreted. The security personnel were the ones who got into a fight with Fletcher's family members.


That's what Fletcher is reporting as of this morning. Shameful, but again I can't say it's surprising. Security officers often pull this kind of crap, thinking it's their job to escalate until they show their dominance.

Awful situation. Fletcher says they are looking to pursue the matter further, which is great.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15877
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:I was at the game. I sat 20 feet from Fletcher's family. This story is being misinterpreted. The security personnel were the ones who got into a fight with Fletcher's family members.


That's what Fletcher is reporting as of this morning.

You have a link?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3159
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:I was at the game. I sat 20 feet from Fletcher's family. This story is being misinterpreted. The security personnel were the ones who got into a fight with Fletcher's family members.


That's what Fletcher is reporting as of this morning.

You have a link?


He was interviewed on NFL Network this morning. Should be a link there at some point.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fletcher's family attacked by classless Browns fans

Postby Hooligan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Stay classy, Cleveland...smh



GFYS Cleveland
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Postby 44diesel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:I was at the game. I sat 20 feet from Fletcher's family. This story is being misinterpreted. The security personnel were the ones who got into a fight with Fletcher's family members.


That's what Fletcher is reporting as of this morning.

You have a link?


He was interviewed on NFL Network this morning. Should be a link there at some point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ted-family
"Givin'em the Business!"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football