Shout out to #85

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 pm

The Hogster wrote:
DaveD1420 wrote:Hankerson still has 2 games left in his 2nd season, and he's already far surpassed (49/684/3) Devin Thomas's numbers (43/482/3) for his entire 6 year career.

He's also crushing Malcolm Kelly's 2 year numbers (28/365/0).

Count me as happy with Hank!

Yeah, and at least he fell down into the end zone this time!

HAIL

He does seem to have balance issues doesn't he? He has caught a few passes lately when we needed it.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:47 pm

The Hogster wrote:
DaveD1420 wrote:Hankerson still has 2 games left in his 2nd season, and he's already far surpassed (49/684/3) Devin Thomas's numbers (43/482/3) for his entire 6 year career.

A little short, but he did make it there eventually.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Deadskins wrote:
The Hogster wrote:

A little short, but he did make it there eventually.

:shock: a great throw and a good catch - end result a Redskins TD = 6 points

there is no style points - good job Hank :twisted:
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

---

Re: Shout out to #85

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:49 pm

markshark84 wrote:Obviously fan standards have gotten pretty low for Hankerson. We should be praising Morris or Garcon or RGIII or Riley or any of the other guys that
come in and compete day in and day out.

Obviously "fans", don't know enough about football that it takes WR's 3-4 years to mature in this league. What is this, his second year? He's improving.

Thanks to the OP for recognizing our young players for stepping up and producing. And :roll: to the typical ignorance of the negative Nancy's.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:13 pm

^This
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
markshark84 wrote:Obviously fan standards have gotten pretty low for Hankerson. We should be praising Morris or Garcon or RGIII or Riley or any of the other guys that
come in and compete day in and day out.

Obviously "fans", don't know enough about football that it takes WR's 3-4 years to mature in this league. What is this, his second year? He's improving.

Thanks to the OP for recognizing our young players for stepping up and producing. And :roll: to the typical ignorance of the negative Nancy's.

I'm an ignorant poster??????? On this board!!!! ROTFALMAO

I stated that Hankerson needed to improve before he could be relied on (as a #2) in the preseason when people were saying how well he was going to play this year. This still holds true.

What exactly was ignorant about my post? Was it the fact that I don't believe he is PROGRESSING (in that he still has the same issues he had last season)? Or the fact I was able to predict his progression (or lack thereof)? Or is ignorance just not thinking that every player on the skins is better than they actually are. :roll:

As I have said, I prefer to be truthful & accurate over popular & a homer.

Oh and thanks for the 3-4 year "stat"...... I guess the following must be exceptions: :roll:
- CJohnson, BMarshall, DBryant, VCruz, JJones, AJGreen, BHartline, MColston, DWayne, CShorts, EDecker, RCobb, ABoldin, MWallace, TorreySmith, JMaclin, SteveSmith, TYHilton, JNelson, DBess, JKerley, etc.

To you I guess negative = ignorant. :roll: Keep drinking the Hankerson kool-aid, I guess....... How's your boy JC doing by the way....... :lol:
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:14 pm

People often mistake cantankerous and oppositional for truthful and accurate...

but, maybe that's just me... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby yupchagee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:24 pm

This is the lowest the bar can ever be.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:24 am

Count me in as happy with Hanks development.

Come on the guy is contributing big time. He just caught two TDs in a game. Are we seriously questioning him?

What I have noticed is he is now making the plays when it counts. Cruicial third downs conversions and TDs when needed. Clutch plays when needed. Garcon does the same on more consistent basis. Hank is coming along fine. At this point I put Hank ahead of Morgan. Heck I think he has even outplayed Moss this season. All though I do like the effort Moss has put forth.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:15 am

markshark84 wrote:I'm an ignorant poster??????? On this board!!!! ROTFALMAO

Well, you came off that way. Yes. If you want to talk about a forum member having low standards, don't be shocked when something is said to you.

markshark84 wrote:I stated that Hankerson needed to improve before he could be relied on (as a #2) in the preseason when people were saying how well he was going to play this year. This still holds true.

Well, he has been a solid #2... What's your point? He's been a mainstay in this lineup since week 1.

Josh Morgan 46 489 10.6 32 1
Santana Moss 37 525 14.2 77 7
Leonard Hankerson 36 521 14.5 68 3
Pierre Garcon 34 498 14.6 88 4
http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=WAS

markshark84 wrote:What exactly was ignorant about my post?

This...

markshark84 wrote:Obviously fan standards have gotten pretty low for Hankerson.

All the OP did was create a positive thread, thanking a player who has contributed this year. You question his standards...so, some of us question your eye sight.

markshark84 wrote:Was it the fact that I don't believe he is PROGRESSING (in that he still has the same issues he had last season)?

1. He's stayed healthy = progress
2. He has 3 TD's this year, last year he had 0 = progress
3. 521 yards > 163 yards
4. Being a starter > Coming off the bench

* Putting up good stats while surrounded by Garcon (our #1 WR), Morgan (leads our WRs in receptions), Moss (leads our WR's in TD), Fred (a fixture of the offense prior to injury). Despite all of that, he's still getting targeted and coming through.

markshark84 wrote:Or is ignorance just not thinking that every player on the skins is better than they actually are. :roll:

I think that ignorance is not realizing the things I've mentioned. Ignorance is not giving credit where it's due. Ignorance is being ignorant towards fans who are trying to be positive and joyous in the midst of a 5 game winning streak.

That's ignorance.

markshark84 wrote:CJohnson, BMarshall, DBryant, VCruz, JJones, AJGreen, BHartline, MColston, DWayne, CShorts, EDecker, RCobb, ABoldin, MWallace, TorreySmith, JMaclin, SteveSmith, TYHilton, JNelson, DBess, JKerley, etc.

Yes, let's compare Hankerson to WR's who were drafted onto teams with HOF QB's. :lol:

Let's compare Hankerson to the greatest WR since Jerry Rice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Torrey Smith? :lol: LMFAO Torrey had 1 catch for 20 yards against us. Why? Because he can't run routes to save his life.

Boldin? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

markshark84 wrote:To you I guess negative = ignorant. :roll: Keep drinking the Hankerson kool-aid, I guess....... How's your boy JC doing by the way....... :lol:

Yes, we're drinking the kool-aid by being appreciative of his progress...

You're being "truthful & accurate" by comparing him to Calvin Johnson. ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

And then you bring up Jason Campbell because you really have no point and just needed something else to say. ROTFALMAO

Countertrey wrote:People often mistake cantankerous and oppositional for truthful and accurate...

but, maybe that's just me... :wink:

Oh, and +1.
:lol:

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:37 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Count me in as happy with Hanks development.

Come on the guy is contributing big time. He just caught two TDs in a game. Are we seriously questioning him?

What I have noticed is he is now making the plays when it counts. Cruicial third downs conversions and TDs when needed. Clutch plays when needed. Garcon does the same on more consistent basis. Hank is coming along fine. At this point I put Hank ahead of Morgan. Heck I think he has even outplayed Moss this season. All though I do like the effort Moss has put forth.

1. Check out the team receiving stats. They all have darn near the same stats. Garcon would have some amazing stats if he hadn't been injured.

2. Apparently this is what the fanbase expects...

- Garcon to put up gaudy numbers
- Hankers to put up Calvin Johnson numbers
- But for Kyle Shannahan to not pass so much...
- To continue leading the league in rushing

LMFAO

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:24 am

Yeah I think we have a nice WR corps developing. Another year and they should be all the more better. I am glad Hank is stepping up because Morgan has mental lapses.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:26 am

Oh and can we give some love to the Oline yet? I think they played a fine game against CLeveland who has a good front seven. :D

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:20 am

not sure why anyone would want to point to player's not 'performing' to certain standards ...

this TEAM is playing games in December that could result in a divisional championship - how many times have we done that in the past 10 years

EVERYONE - players and coaches - deserve our respect for doing a better job than anyone here expected

well, better than those of us that have a clue, thought we could do :twisted:

so, 'job well done' #85 :up:

HTTR
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:53 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Well, you came off that way.

Why because it is my opinion (based on direct observation of Hankerson, his teammates, and other WRs in the league) that he is not performing to where he should be? You may disagree, but it isn't ignorance. Know the difference.

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Well, he has been a solid #2... What's your point? He's been a mainstay in this lineup since week 1.

Again, opinion. I don't think he has been a solid #2. Besides, Garcon and Morgan are our 1-2.

Chris Luva Luva wrote: Obviously fan standards have gotten pretty low for Hankerson.[/color]

Then I guess all the others that agree are "ignorant" as well.... :roll:

Chris Luva Luva wrote:All the OP did was create a positive thread, thanking a player who has contributed this year. You question his standards...so, some of us question your eye sight.

I don't think calling someone ignorant is "questioning their eye sight". Sorry. :roll:

Chris Luva Luva wrote:1. He's stayed healthy = progress
2. He has 3 TD's this year, last year he had 0 = progress
3. 521 yards > 163 yards
4. Being a starter > Coming off the bench

* Putting up good stats while surrounded by Garcon (our #1 WR), Morgan (leads our WRs in receptions), Moss (leads our WR's in TD), Fred (a fixture of the offense prior to injury). Despite all of that, he's still getting targeted and coming through.

Again, my opinions and expectations are different. I EXPECTED better. And sorry, but any medicore WR that actually plays more than 5 games should eclipse his 163 from last year..... :roll:

1) And I don't consider "staying healthy" as progressing. ROTFALMAO
2) So would one TD be "progress"? :roll:
4) Being a "starter" due to injury; then being immediately demoted once Garcon returned. ROTFALMAO
You had to really reach on those ones.......

Chris Luva Luva wrote: I think that ignorance is not realizing the things I've mentioned. Ignorance is not giving credit where it's due. Ignorance is being ignorant towards fans who are trying to be positive and joyous in the midst of a 5 game winning streak.

First, I thought of all of those things (in addition to injury recovery, YAC, total catches, drops, fumbles, route running, relationship with QB, agility, footwork, situational catches, penalties, etc.) --- I just don't CONSIDER a couple things and decide there has been PROGRESS. I don't like to pick and chose my stats. Regardless, read my initial post ---- I give credit WERE IT IS DUE. Hankerson hasn't had a breakout season like RGIII or Morris or Riley or Montgomery or Garcon (in that he's on a new team).

Chris Luva Luva wrote: Yes, let's compare Hankerson to WR's who were drafted onto teams with HOF QB's. :lol:

Right, because RGIII sucks? He's a top 7 QB in this league right now. Besides, those were direct examples showing what you said was wrong. You can spin it whatever way you want, but those are all guys that have played well within your 3-4 yr time frame. Usually a good WRs can help create good or great QBs....... :roll:

Chris Luva Luva wrote: Torrey Smith? :lol: LMFAO Torrey had 1 catch for 20 yards against us. Why? Because he can't run routes to save his life.

Torrey Smith is a very good WR. I don't care what he had against us. He also has SUPERIOR stats to Hankerson.

Chris Luva Luva wrote: Yes, we're drinking the kool-aid by being appreciative of his progress...

Again just have lower standards. Nothing wrong with that.

Chris Luva Luva wrote:And then you bring up Jason Campbell because you really have no point and just needed something else to say. ROTFALMAO

No, I bring up JC because I was critized for saying EXACTLY the same thing. You disagreed. I was right.

All in all, it is more our opinions that differ. Nothing more. My conclusions are not based on a lack of facts or understanding. So I would prefer that you wouldn't resort to name calling.

I have higher standards for Hankerson. That said, I still believe that he has improved over the course of the season. Is he where I would like him to be, NO -- but I have more hope in his progression than I did in JCs.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football