Hug your Children.....

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Hug your Children.....

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 am

Love them always. Teach them well. Cherish them.

As a new father of a 16 month old child, I have cried over the 20 children and 6 adults who perished at the hands of evil at Newtown, CT.

Guns don't kill people.....People (crazy ones) kill people. My heart is sad concerning the tragedy in Newtown, CT. May God give comfort to all those who suffered loss....

So, if you THINK your life sucks...... imagine how those parents in Newtown feel.....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Hug your Children.....

Postby 1niksder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:53 am

tribeofjudah wrote:Love them always. Teach them well. Cherish them.

As a new father of a 16 month old child, I have cried over the 20 children and 6 adults who perished at the hands of evil at Newtown, CT.

Guns don't kill people.....People (crazy ones) kill people. My heart is sad concerning the tragedy in Newtown, CT. May God give comfort to all those who suffered loss....

So, if you THINK your life sucks...... imagine how those parents in Newtown feel.....

+1
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:10 am

I agree with all that was said except for the God giving comfort part. I don't understand why people pray to an entity that chose to let the horrific event happen and did nothing to stop it. That is given the fact that God is omnipotent and if such a being is not omnipotent then they surely mustn't be God...or lest must be evil.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:27 pm

I would find it hard to handle the tragedy of losing a child and cannot imagine going through that without help from prayer

devastating news at any time - my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:28 am

SkinsJock wrote:I would find it hard to handle the tragedy of losing a child and cannot imagine going through that without help from prayer

devastating news at any time - my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone

Prayer helps but it's a pain that won't lessen or go away.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:20 am

Cappster wrote:I agree with all that was said except for the God giving comfort part. I don't understand why people pray to an entity that chose to let the horrific event happen and did nothing to stop it. That is given the fact that God is omnipotent and if such a being is not omnipotent then they surely mustn't be God...or lest must be evil.

:roll:

Just a suggestion: it might be good to recognize that people believe differently than you do, and to use that knowledge as a restraint to keep yourself from looking like a jerk at a particularly sensitive time.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:09 am

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:41 am

This event has hit me hard. I find that the older I get the easier it is to get emotional. Really cant believe what happened. I wish all the best going forward to the families in Newtown, CT. I know the twenty little ones and the six Teachers are in a better place now.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:31 am

I read a commentary that went like this:

1. The mass media HELPS in reporting facts and information regarding this event.

2. The mass media HURTS - in that it gives the perp a name that will live in history and will be remembered by many. Instead, let's remember those who perished that infamous day.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Cappster wrote:I agree with all that was said except for the God giving comfort part. I don't understand why people pray to an entity that chose to let the horrific event happen and did nothing to stop it. That is given the fact that God is omnipotent and if such a being is not omnipotent then they surely mustn't be God...or lest must be evil.

Sometimes I deal the six days of creation were figurative and not literal. Like the first million years was creating the heavens and Earth, second day the next million... And this is still the seventh day!

Gods made the universe, said have fun, keep it holy, piece out! Free will is what gets us into trouble, not him.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to The Lounge