Redskins-Browns postgame....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
Champsturf wrote:Someone needs to explain two men in motion to me. I thought that that was a penalty.

You can send two men in motion as long as they are both set before the snap.

I know that having 2 players in motion at the snap is a penalty - do they both have to get set or does just 1 of them need to be set before the snap?
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:49 am

both have to be set.
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Here's a funny story from Sunday's game apparently Kirk really is all about the "TEAM."

Cooley talks about how in the huddle, Kirk says "TEAM" before calling the play.

“The one-liners I liked a lot, the first was first-hand,” Cooley continued. “We’re trying to run the clock out at the end of the first [half]. He gets off the headset with Kyle Shanahan, comes into the huddle and he says, ‘Guys, I want to talk to you for a second. I have a couple things to tell you.’ In the huddle. ‘First, protect the ball. Second, stay in bounds. TEAM! Then he calls the play.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... very-play/

Once again, the character that this team possesses is unbelievable. When you hear these guys talk, from rookies like RGIII to Morris to Cousins to Forbath to vets like Fletcher, there's such a great spirit that keeps this team going. They're out there kickin' butt and having fun at the same time. The coaching staff/FO has done a great job eliminating egos and building a solid unit that has bought in to the Shanaplan (especially since the bye week) and has been red hot. Hail yeah!
"Givin'em the Business!"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:13 pm

ROTFALMAO

That is straight out of the 1930s. Nice find.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Nice post, 44diesel. There's no questioning the character of Cousins or RGIII, that's for sure. Quality individuals. Lucky for us they're both ballers too. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:22 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
Champsturf wrote:Someone needs to explain two men in motion to me. I thought that that was a penalty.

You can send two men in motion as long as they are both set before the snap.

I know that having 2 players in motion at the snap is a penalty - do they both have to get set or does just 1 of them need to be set before the snap?

As G4P said they both have to set, but once set you can send one player in motion.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:10 am

Thanks about the motion thing guys. I must just be a fool. ;-)
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:37 am

Thanks - I knew that 1 player could be in motion - I did not know that if 2 players were in motion BOTH had to be set - then a player could go in motion
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:ROTFALMAO

That is straight out of the 1930s. Nice find.
Ha! I was thinking the same thing! My grandfather played ball in the 1930's. Growing up, he would tell me stories of the "glory days" with leather helmets, addressing players like a general going into battle.

"OK, men... here's the play..."

Classic.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:27 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Thanks - I knew that 1 player could be in motion - I did not know that if 2 players were in motion BOTH had to be set - then a player could go in motion

Get out your video of SB 17, and especially the Riggins run.

Gibbs only had a few plays, but he ran them from many formations. That's what made it hard for a defense to guess a play before it hit them: shift here, shift there, shift etc. Then set, and someone goes in motion.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:37 pm

I think back then we had like nine running plays, but ran them from over thirty different formations. Classic.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:54 pm

riggofan wrote:Nice post, 44diesel. There's no questioning the character of Cousins or RGIII, that's for sure. Quality individuals. Lucky for us they're both ballers too. :)

Definitely worth the wait. :up:
"Givin'em the Business!"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football