Shout out to #85

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Well.. even as much of a "Hank hater" that I am, since he has improved I'll wait it out. :lol:

Don't worry Mark, we'll be fine when it's all said and done.

Let's not forget they made a couple good choices this year in the draft bro.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Postby mastdark81 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Mike Shanahan praised Hankerson after the Raven game, stating Hank played excellent. Good to see he was rewarded the next game and came thru

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/footb ... cleveland/

I like our receiving crew and offense. Gotta realize this is virtually everyones first year in the Eastcoast offense ;)

Hank keep doing ya thing

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13634
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:23 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Well.. even as much of a "Hank hater" that I am, since he has improved I'll wait it out. :lol:

Let's not forget they made a couple good choices this year in the draft bro.


You got that right lpj - RG3, Morris and Cousins were HUGE
add to that Pierre Garçon and we have to think that the FO really made up for some earlier mistakes :wink:

i look for Hankerson to be able to be a major part of our WR corps next season




btw - I'm looking to see this team finish strong here ....

for many years we have gotten to December kind of hoping that things would get better ...
Right now I think that most would agree - the Redskins are not only favored to win the NfC East next season - we're going to be one of the top teams in the NFL

THAT is an amazingly quick turnaround :lol:
Last edited by SkinsJock on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

---
User avatar
Posts: 18571
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:55 am

mastdark81 wrote:Gotta realize this is virtually everyones first year


Don't bring rational thought into this thread.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Location: St. Robert, MO

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:02 am

It's really his first year, so I think he still can get better. And I thought of this too. They always talk about the speed of the game for young players. Think about it, this guy went from several years of Jacory Harris at the U and Rex last year to having RGIII throwing him the ball. That is a BIG difference in how the ball comes at you. I'm hoping that is part of Paul's problem too, he just needs to get used to a faster ball closer to the line of scrimmage.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1797
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:Gotta realize this is virtually everyones first year


Don't bring rational thought into this thread.


You threw that out the window a while ago......... :roll:

I see that you still are relying on direct -- and now indirect -- insults as your primary counter-argument.... :roll:
Last edited by markshark84 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1797
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:35 pm

FLWSkin wrote:It's really his first year, so I think he still can get better. And I thought of this too. They always talk about the speed of the game for young players. Think about it, this guy went from several years of Jacory Harris at the U and Rex last year to having RGIII throwing him the ball. That is a BIG difference in how the ball comes at you. I'm hoping that is part of Paul's problem too, he just needs to get used to a faster ball closer to the line of scrimmage.


FLW -- I also agree that Hank can improve and I hope he does. He just needs to work on a couple things --- they are big things, but things you can improve on with major work. Hopefully last years injury was the causes of his balance and he'll be able to work that out and adjust to it during the offseason.

I think your point about adjusting to the speed is a good one. From personal experience, it took me a FULL year to adjust to the speed of the game from high school to college. I have been told that the adjustment from college to pro is 100X worse.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Location: St. Robert, MO

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 pm

And like I said, the adjustment from Beck and Rex to RGIII is probably another 100X.

Hog
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Postby mastdark81 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:22 am

markshark84 wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:It's really his first year, so I think he still can get better. And I thought of this too. They always talk about the speed of the game for young players. Think about it, this guy went from several years of Jacory Harris at the U and Rex last year to having RGIII throwing him the ball. That is a BIG difference in how the ball comes at you. I'm hoping that is part of Paul's problem too, he just needs to get used to a faster ball closer to the line of scrimmage.


FLW -- I also agree that Hank can improve and I hope he does. He just needs to work on a couple things --- they are big things, but things you can improve on with major work. Hopefully last years injury was the causes of his balance and he'll be able to work that out and adjust to it during the offseason.

I think your point about adjusting to the speed is a good one. From personal experience, it took me a FULL year to adjust to the speed of the game from high school to college. I have been told that the adjustment from college to pro is 100X worse.



Those hip injuries are a bummer. He probably wont admit it nor Redskins but depending on the severity of his injury lets hope it does not shorten his career b/c of the lack of blood flow to the joints overtime. I dont know balance issues he has if any but if he does he probably will have that for the rest of his career, however looking clunky like some have suggested and getting up after a tackle kinda funky are caused by that hip injury.

Gotta realize he didnt have an offseason to train due 2 the surgery and rehab. Shpuld get better next year and if he does not thats fine too he was only a 3rd rd pick and is earning his keep in my eyes with the big plays he has been making lately.

ch1
Posts: 3633
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:01 pm
Location: virginia beach

Re: Shout out to #85

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:08 am

markshark84 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
markshark84 wrote:It is my expectation that our 1-3 rd picks are top performers.


:shock: You have expectations for our Skins?

Honestly, I came into this season with very low- no expectations. For our draft picks it was the same thing for me because our program hasn't been stable in over a decade.

Fast forward to today and what we've seen.. well yea, maybe from now on I'd expect our early draft picks to work out better since we seem to have stability.

Maybe look at it that way bro?


Haha. I also had low expectations this year. The team has greatly exceeded those. In fact, this is the first year (since 2007 I believe) that I have been more than 1 game off on my pre-season record prediction.

But I will always set expectations for every player. Maybe it is because I am in a profession where you are constantly graded/analyzed. But, as I have said, everything is relative. Do you see me complaining about Robinson or Briscoe or Paul? No -- because I don't believe they have the ability to be a high level performer. We have more invested in Hankerson, therefore we need to receive greater output.

Honestly, take a look at how Belichick analyzes his players. It is brutal. I am similar. You need to expect maximum effort and execution. I am not satisfied unless I see 100%. I believe Hankerson can give us more and I see very specific things he must improve upon to get there.

However, I agree with you in that ANY pick made by Danny/Vinny should just be disregarded (or at least I hope that is what you are saying). Hankerson was drafted by MS/BA --- therefore I do have expectations.


Speaking of Robinson, I'm surprised he doesn't see more action. He's been thrown to 19 times, caught 11, and scored 3 times. His percentage of catches per throw isn't bad, when you consider most of the passes thrown his way are low percentage passes deep . I expect nothing of Paul and Briscoe and will be shocked if they're on the team next year.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2121
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Shout out to #85

Postby emoses14 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
markshark84 wrote:It is my expectation that our 1-3 rd picks are top performers.


:shock: You have expectations for our Skins?

Honestly, I came into this season with very low- no expectations. For our draft picks it was the same thing for me because our program hasn't been stable in over a decade.

Fast forward to today and what we've seen.. well yea, maybe from now on I'd expect our early draft picks to work out better since we seem to have stability.

Maybe look at it that way bro?


Haha. I also had low expectations this year. The team has greatly exceeded those. In fact, this is the first year (since 2007 I believe) that I have been more than 1 game off on my pre-season record prediction.

But I will always set expectations for every player. Maybe it is because I am in a profession where you are constantly graded/analyzed. But, as I have said, everything is relative. Do you see me complaining about Robinson or Briscoe or Paul? No -- because I don't believe they have the ability to be a high level performer. We have more invested in Hankerson, therefore we need to receive greater output.

Honestly, take a look at how Belichick analyzes his players. It is brutal. I am similar. You need to expect maximum effort and execution. I am not satisfied unless I see 100%. I believe Hankerson can give us more and I see very specific things he must improve upon to get there.

However, I agree with you in that ANY pick made by Danny/Vinny should just be disregarded (or at least I hope that is what you are saying). Hankerson was drafted by MS/BA --- therefore I do have expectations.


Speaking of Robinson, I'm surprised he doesn't see more action. He's been thrown to 19 times, caught 11, and scored 3 times. His percentage of catches per throw isn't bad, when you consider most of the passes thrown his way are low percentage passes deep . I expect nothing of Paul and Briscoe and will be shocked if they're on the team next year.


I think ALdrick is probably still being brought along on route running precision, etc. Though that's fixable, what isn't teachable is what we've seen so far, speed to burn and big play catching ability. I expect much more from him next year than the remainder of this (unless dallas falls asleep on him again 8) )
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football