Thoughts on Django Unchained

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Thoughts on Django Unchained

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:32 pm

NO....this ain't the Unchained Melody, but it seems to be a very interesting movie. A few questions:

1. is it historically accurate about slavery and race relations of the time?
2. will you see it for the entertainment value? (I'll watch just to see Kerry Washington - HOT HOT HOT)
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

**LPJ**

Re: Thoughts on Django Unchained

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:56 am

tribeofjudah wrote:NO....this ain't the Unchained Melody, but it seems to be a very interesting movie. A few questions:

2. will you see it for the entertainment value? (I'll watch just to see Kerry Washington - HOT HOT HOT)

I saw it when it first came out, I loved it personally.
I liked the idea of the German being the rescuer, the idea of a slave turned freeman/bounty hunter, and I like the getting Capt. Save a Girl stuff at the end too. GREAT FICTION!!!

1. Was it historically accurate about slavery and race relations I have no clue.. and going into it I didn't really think about it. When the whips started going though, I cringed at the thought and it wasn't a black/white thing for me, it was a human reaction like damn, how can you do that to somebody.

2. Totally entertainment value!!! If I wanted history, I'd go watch North & South (GREATEST BOOK AND TV-MINI SERIES EVER!!).. Jamie Fox acted his ass(et) off and Kerry Washington did a great job too. I really liked the German guy though, that actor was awesome. Leonardo DeRetardo.. only gets better with every movie he does, one of the best right now.
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

JSPB22

Re: Thoughts on Django Unchained

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:35 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:NO....this ain't the Unchained Melody, but it seems to be a very interesting movie. A few questions:

I saw it when it first came out, I loved it personally.
I liked the idea of the German being the rescuer, the idea of a slave turned freeman/bounty hunter, and I like the getting Capt. Save a Girl stuff at the end too. GREAT FICTION!!!

1. Was it historically accurate about slavery and race relations I have no clue.. and going into it I didn't really think about it. When the whips started going though, I cringed at the thought and it wasn't a black/white thing for me, it was a human reaction like damn, how can you do that to somebody.

2. Totally entertainment value!!! If I wanted history, I'd go watch North & South (GREATEST BOOK AND TV-MINI SERIES EVER!!).. Jamie Fox acted his ass(et) off and Kerry Washington did a great job too. I really liked the German guy though, that actor was awesome. Leonardo DeRetardo.. only gets better with every movie he does, one of the best right now.

I also saw it when it first came out. I'd say the race relations were accurate enough. But the movie is total fiction, for purely entertainment purposes only.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to The Lounge