Drug Testing

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Location: St. Robert, MO

Drug Testing

Postby FLWSkin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:02 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Seat ... ion-122312

This is crap. When I was in the Army, I was a sample handler. A leaky cup does not equal broken cahin of custody. You just annotate that you had to transfer it and that usually takes care of it. You can't add anything to a sample at that point because it totally screws up the chemical properties of the sample and it would be thrown out. Also, if the NFL does it like we did in the Army, a positive test equal immediate retest before anything happens. To me, this means he failed more than once. Now he gets to still play and appeal, but our guy has a prescription but gets suspended and this guy gets to keep playing? Who wants to bet he plays in the playoff game against us, but then somehow gets suspended after that game? The NFL really needs a shakeup because their total lack of objectivity is really is getting ridiculous at this point.

Hog
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:40 pm

To be fair, I think our guy had already gone through his appeals process. From a link elsewhere:
Seattle fullback Michael Robinson, one of the Seahawks' players union representatives, said he was concerned that news of the suspensions leaked out before the appeal was heard and about how that could influence opinions.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

CKRGiii
Posts: 4877
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Nicely said FLW... You forget though, that we getno breaks only the hammer. Ie most penalized team in the NFL & mara-gate.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:51 am

suspension of black was complete BS.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

DarthMonk
Posts: 4646
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:46 am

ACW wrote:To be fair, I think our guy had already gone through his appeals process. From a link elsewhere:
Seattle fullback Michael Robinson, one of the Seahawks' players union representatives, said he was concerned that news of the suspensions leaked out before the appeal was heard and about how that could influence opinions.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:38 am

Yes, what's your point? I'm saying that that's the reason Sherman is still appealing and Black isn't.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Location: St. Robert, MO

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:22 pm

ACW wrote:Yes, what's your point? I'm saying that that's the reason Sherman is still appealing and Black isn't.


I get that, I just wonder how come Black got suspended with a valid prescritption. Which I do believe he had. Everything the league does seems fishy since we do seem to be singled out a lot and the league obviously has an agenda against some teams, us and the Saints come to mind. Hard to take them seriously at this point.

Hog
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:09 pm

FLWSkin wrote:
ACW wrote:Yes, what's your point? I'm saying that that's the reason Sherman is still appealing and Black isn't.


I get that, I just wonder how come Black got suspended with a valid prescritption. Which I do believe he had. Everything the league does seems fishy since we do seem to be singled out a lot and the league obviously has an agenda against some teams, us and the Saints come to mind. Hard to take them seriously at this point.
Something with the paperwork apparently. And don't think the league is AGAINST the Saints, per se.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:46 am

The NFL League office is a joke, the fact is I honestly believe that they play favorites, and I believe a lot of what happens is because our owner isn't liked or respected by the other "good ol boys" of the NFL. I wish a damn plane would crash and burn with Rodger Goodell and his Welling Mara Butt Buddy as passengers. They both reek of crap and are too full of themselves...

DarthMonk
Posts: 4646
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:17 am

ACW wrote:Yes, what's your point? I'm saying that that's the reason Sherman is still appealing and Black isn't.


I was making a bad joke on piss tests and the word "leaked" being used ... if you were replying to me. :wink:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:13 am

DarthMonk wrote:
ACW wrote:Yes, what's your point? I'm saying that that's the reason Sherman is still appealing and Black isn't.


I was making a bad joke on piss tests and the word "leaked" being used ... if you were replying to me. :wink:
Image
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Location: St. Robert, MO

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:06 pm

ACW wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:
ACW wrote:Yes, what's your point? I'm saying that that's the reason Sherman is still appealing and Black isn't.


I get that, I just wonder how come Black got suspended with a valid prescritption. Which I do believe he had. Everything the league does seems fishy since we do seem to be singled out a lot and the league obviously has an agenda against some teams, us and the Saints come to mind. Hard to take them seriously at this point.
Something with the paperwork apparently. And don't think the league is AGAINST the Saints, per se.


Well considering a third party threw out all the suspensions for the players, I think the Saints would disagree. I believe the NFL wanted to make an example of someone to show they care about player safety and just ran with a rumor. That seems mostly validated to me at this point.

Hog
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Actually, what Tagliabue said was:
"However, for the reasons set forth in this decision, I now vacate all discipline to be imposed upon these players. Although I vacate all suspensions, I fully considered but ultimately rejected reducing the suspensions to fines of varying degrees for Hargrove, Smith and Vilma. My affirmation of Commissioner Goodell's findings could certainly justify the issuance of fines. However ... this entire case has been contaminated by the coaches and others in the Saints organization," it said.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Yeah, Tagliabue said he agreed they were guilty, he just didn't think the players should be punished, but rather the organization. There was a lot of reporting that the players were vindicated, but that simply was not the case.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Location: St. Robert, MO

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:33 pm

But I factor in the fact that Tags is the former commissioner and didn't want to make his successor look bad. It was just a black eye for the league all the way around. It really makes them look unprofessional. And I really do think we are in their crosshairs for whatever reason. If you look at the list, it really boggles the mind.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football