Playoffs...Playoffs??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:17 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Also, the Pies clinch if they win and we and the G-strings both lose.

That can't be right. If that happens, but we turn around and beat them in the last game, we'd have the same overall record, we'd be 1-1 against them and we would have a better division record.

I already corrected myself a post or two later.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:23 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Also, the Pies clinch if they win and we and the G-strings both lose.

That can't be right. If that happens, but we turn around and beat them in the last game, we'd have the same overall record, we'd be 1-1 against them and we would have a better division record.

I already corrected myself a post or two later.

OK
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:45 pm

BAL ahead 7-0 :D
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:28 pm

If the Skins lose next week, who else has to lose for the Skins to get a wildcard?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:23 pm

I believe that we must win or are done, with both Chicago and the Vikes winning today.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:25 pm

grampi wrote:If the Skins lose next week, who else has to lose for the Skins to get a wildcard?

If the Skins lose next week. The only way to get a WC is if the Bears and Vikings both lose.

CHI is playing Detroit
MIN is playing GB
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:09 pm

The Redskins just need to win this next game ..

how perfect is it that the next game should be against the pukes at home ...
Robert Griffin is a franchise QB - we are very fortunate

The Redskins FO are working hard to add players that fit the short term plan & hopefully ensure a consistently competitive franchise

Hail to the Redskins

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:49 am

SkinsJock wrote:The Redskins just need to win this next game ..

how perfect is it that the next game should be against the pukes at home ...

Yes, and if we lose then we don't deserve to go anyway
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:29 am

Game is flexed to the 8pm slot. Good thing about that is the Redskins will know whether the Bears & Vikings have lost.

Meaning the importance of the game--if not already known--will be clear to the team at kickoff. It's win or go home. Our playoffs start Sunday.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:16 am

I really want the Skins to beat Dallas ... if not, that's fine ... A GREAT SEASON - AND ... the hated giants are out of the playoffs

BECAUSE

IF we lose - the giants are eliminated - THAT is a really good thing :D

the fans may be interested in the possibility of the playoffs but I'll guarantee the Redskins players are NOT

all they are focused on is beating the pukes - they could NOT care less what happens to the bears or the vikings

The Redskins FO are working hard to add players that fit the short term plan & hopefully ensure a consistently competitive franchise

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:45 pm

SkinsJock wrote:the fans may be interested in the possibility of the playoffs but I'll guarantee the Redskins players are NOT

all they are focused on is beating the pukes - they could NOT care less what happens to the bears or the vikings

You might be wrong on that one, SJ. Read this quote from Cofield today:

"We're not playing to make the playoffs," Redskins nose tackle Barry Cofield said after Sunday's 27-20 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. "We're playing to win the Super Bowl."

Sounds good to me!!!

GOTTA beat the Pukes this Sunday. I think this season has already been a huge success by almost any measure, and I can't praise the team enough for continuing to fight after the Panthers loss. But they really need to finish the job this Sunday and send Dez and Romo home for the off season. Whatever it takes!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:51 am

Deadskins wrote:If Carlos gets glasses, we win that game.

Or if Cooley catches a ball at the 1 yard line. Perfect throw by Collins low and away.

We had just taken the lead and then Seattle muffed a KO. This drop made us settle for a chip shot FG - which we missed!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:19 am

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:the fans may be interested in the possibility of the playoffs but I'll guarantee the Redskins players are NOT

You might be wrong on that one, SJ. Read this quote from Cofield today:

"We're not playing to make the playoffs," Redskins nose tackle Barry Cofield said after Sunday's 27-20 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. "We're playing to win the Super Bowl."

Sounds good to me!!!

GOTTA beat the Pukes this Sunday. I think this season has already been a huge success by almost any measure, and I can't praise the team enough for continuing to fight after the Panthers loss. But they really need to finish the job this Sunday and send Dez and Romo home for the off season. Whatever it takes!

sorry my man - the Redskins players are ONLY focused on 1 thing this week - getting ready to beat the pukes

NOTHING else matters :lol:

they and the fans want to win the Super Bowl - hell, they would like to win the next Super Bowl too

They also know VERY WELL - they ONLY have to focus on 1 thing

BEATING DALLAS this week

NOTHING else matters to them - trust me

you cannot think about possibly winning a Super Bowl if you don't win this game this week

THAT is all these guys need to do

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:08 pm

Playing the pukes for the NFC East is all that really matters

at the beginning of this season, we all realized that we had made some progress but were not really able to address all the issues as well as we would have liked - getting to the playoffs this season seemed a stretch - after the first half, the playoffs were not a possibility, based solely on how we were playing and the key injuries we had incurred

As we have seen - the 'better' teams do not always win ...

The team that wins the game is not always the 'better' team ....

all this team needs to do is win the next game and they have shown great preparation, execution and desire in putting the Redskins in this situation

we are favored to win ... not because we are a 'better' team than the stupid pukes, but more importantly, because we have shown we will not be denied

HAIL

Hail to the Redskins

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:30 am

This was my quote when I started this thread on November 20th. This is why you believe. Now CROWN US. NFCEAST CHAMPS. SUPERBOWL BOUND.

HAIL

The Washington Redskins are not only alive and well in the playoff race. But, they have a clear path to win an NFC East title. As fate would have it, as long as the Skins win their games against division rivals, they have a great chance to hoist some hardware at the end of the year.

The Skins are 4-6 right now. Third place. Behind the Cowboys 5-5 and the Giants 6-4. With a win over the Cowboys, the Redskins would be alone in 2nd place.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football