NFC East Champion Post-Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:28 am

Man, I'm loving seeing some of these old posters come out of the woodwork. The fans are HYPED!!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:30 am

grampi wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Seattle is 3-5 on the road this season. They've beaten Buffalo, the Rams, and Chicago. One of their home wins was due to replacement refs making a bad call. Yesterday, they beat the Rams by one TD. Not impressive. They are travelling across the country, playing on grass, in the cold. THat's quite a bit different than playing the Cardinals in Seattle. I like the fact that TIm Hasselback and other "pundits" are picking the Seaturds. Let 'em. I love my Skins and like our chances.

Hopefully the Skins aren't looking at Seattle the way you do...they'd better be looking at them as the team that beat the Pats and 49ers or we're gonna get our asses whupped!

No worries.

This team has played EVERY game among the last seven as a playoff game. I do not think that this team and its coaches has overlooked or underestimated ANYBODY.

As opposed to some posters, most "experts" and writers point out at Seattle as the hottest and most dangerous team in the playoffs. :idea:

Interesting thing is ... they play A LOT like we do. It will be an interesting game. It can go either way. I feel that the 4.5 point spread will change as the week progresses.

This would be a very difficult game in Seattle. Gladly, the game will be played at home. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

piggie

Postby Redskinsfansince81 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:37 am

Let's hope the Redskins win and the 6th seed wins two games so we can have the NFC Championship in Maryland/DC.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:40 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
grampi wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Seattle is 3-5 on the road this season. They've beaten Buffalo, the Rams, and Chicago. One of their home wins was due to replacement refs making a bad call. Yesterday, they beat the Rams by one TD. Not impressive. They are travelling across the country, playing on grass, in the cold. THat's quite a bit different than playing the Cardinals in Seattle. I like the fact that TIm Hasselback and other "pundits" are picking the Seaturds. Let 'em. I love my Skins and like our chances.

Hopefully the Skins aren't looking at Seattle the way you do...they'd better be looking at them as the team that beat the Pats and 49ers or we're gonna get our asses whupped!

No worries.

This team has played EVERY game among the last seven as a playoff game. I do not think that this team and its coaches has overlooked or underestimated ANYBODY.

Totally agree. This team has consistently kept their mouths shut, stayed humble and focused, and taken care of business on the field.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:46 am

Countertrey wrote:Sunday, 4:30 PM... Seattle at our house.

Seattle is good, but the Redskins are nothing to sniff at. Furthermore, the Stadium sounded as enthusiastic as the great days at RFK.

Watched the game with Redskn Dan v1978...seemed to me that

- the holder mishandled the ball on Forbath's miss...slight angle to the ball.

- Cowboys first TD was clearly after the play clock had hit 0.

- Great game by the defense. Amazing...especially the defensive plays called by Haslett and London Flether. The blitz stopped Romo...throwing while leaning backwards, floating the ball, say, on that last INT

- London Fletcher played a GAME. He was after Romo on every play. That sack was a BIG play, and he was the lead pf about three Redskins who were about to swarm over Romo when he threw that last INT.

- On offense, it looked like the Cowboys dropped extra players into pass defense...did not see Redskin receivers open much, but Morris, ah, Morris!

This team will only get better and better.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:54 am

Bob 0119 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:Unbelievable. Seriously.

Btw as great as RGIII and Morris were, I cannot give enough love to D. Hall. What a great game that guy had tonight.

Getting ready to snag my playoff tix at MIDNIGHT!!!!
he did play out of his mind tonight... of course, Dallas has ramped up the excuse train...

Right? Jeez, all night we heard about how "banged up" the Cowboys were. Made it sound like we had been injury free

At the end the only liability they had was a healthy Tony Romo

HTTR

Listening to that other guy -- the "analyst" with Michaels -- was like going to a dentist who doesn't believe in painkillers.

Poor poor pitfiful Cowboys...so many injuries...but, of course, the Cowboys ALWAYS come back and ALWAYS dominate the second half.

Harrumph!

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:54 am

welch wrote:- On offense, it looked like the Cowboys dropped extra players into pass defense...did not see Redskin receivers open much, but Morris, ah, Morris!

That could be part of the reason he ended up with 200 yards rushing....the other part is of course that he's a beast!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

Trying to think of comparisons:

- is Morris like the next John Riggins? No...smaller in realtion to the defensive players.

- similar to Larry Brown? No...Brown was about 195 pounds, and had the quickest acceleration I've ever seen. OL? Brown barely needed blocking...the OL just had to bother the defense for a heartbeat, and Brown was past the front four in doging linebackers.

So...Morris is a great runner completely unlike the Redskins' previous great RB's. Wow. That's all. Wow. Follows his blockers closely, cuts (like Brown), and always seems to sense and opening.

That long TD run was a beauty. Powered left, followed the blocking, saw the open space to his right, cut, and vooooom!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:17 am

If anything I think the closest comparison might be Stephen Davis. Riggo and Portis were both faster then Morris. Morris just seems to find the hole and hit it for a gain. Morris isnt the most talented but he definatley makes the most of his oppurtunities.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby gushogs » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:37 am

Just got sober enough to start my computer and congratulate all the Redskins fans for a great W last night. Won game, division, beat cowturds for the 2nd time in season and got them out of playofss.... Been a fan for almost 30 yrs and I think its the biggest W of my fan life. HTTR!!!!
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:26 am

That was a playoff game last night.....good to see the young redskins respond in critical time

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:59 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Image

Look at where we came from!!!!!!!

Embarrasing... it's embarrasing.

Imma post it every time an idiot on this forum says we haven't progressed

how do you embed (if thats the term) instead of post the video link??

I don't think you can. The above used this code:

with a gif probably obtained from google images.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:00 pm

this team has been playing must win games since the bye week

there are many teams in the playoffs that are 'better' but there are no teams that we cannot beat

the giants won 2 Super Bowls recently and they were certainly NOT the best team in the NFL by a long shot at that time

they did not (and do not) have as good a HC as we do right now

and

RG3 doesn't need a couple of miracle plays like happened to Eli ...
RG3 is showing that he's truly a really good QB ... not just a lucky one :wink:

all that matters at this time of year is NOT what you've done before, but what you believe you and the guys around you, are capable of doing

this team will not be denied and we are certainly capable of getting into and winning a Super Bowl
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

piggie

Postby capitaldefense » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:01 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:
The Hogster wrote:The Redskins had the best draft of 2012. 200 yards and 3TDs for Morris is just sick.

HAIL

INDEED......what a find at the 6th round

Add in Forbath and we added our top 3 scorers in a single year, WOW.

Hog

Postby fabe » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Image

Look at where we came from!!!!!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football