Mara's Crew

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
the 'mudge

Mara's Crew

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Was apparently working the game in Baltimore today... fortunately, they did a crappy job.

Can someone explain HOW the officials can conceivably justify reversing that touchdown????

Can someone explain that ludicrous unneccessary roughness call on Reed????
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

~~~~~~

Re: Mara's Crew

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:54 am

Countertrey wrote:Was apparently working the game in Baltimore today... fortunately, they did a crappy job.

Can someone explain HOW the officials can conceivably justify reversing that touchdown????

AGREED. Worst officiating by regular refs this week.

And Godahell may still fine Reed before the end of the week. Watch my words. :roll:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am

Countertrey wrote:Was apparently working the game in Baltimore today... fortunately, they did a crappy job.

You already the know the answer... it's the same way you punish your rivals for circumventing the Salary Cap in a un-capped year. :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:48 pm

1niksder wrote:

You already the know the answer... it's the same way you punish your rivals for circumventing the Salary Cap in a un-capped year. :shock:
Perhaps true... but the FACT is, Ed Reed's hit was both legal and clean. You want to make an example of him, you wait until he does something that's actually prohibited by candy azzed rule. I hated seeing Cruz shaken up, as I think he is a class act, but come on.
That Touchdown was a score as clear as day... not down until well into the EZ, and clearly in bounds. It required some significant manipulation of the facts to make that call.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Countertrey wrote:
1niksder wrote:

Perhaps true... but the FACT is, Ed Reed's hit was both legal and clean. You want to make an example of him, you wait until he does something that's actually prohibited by candy azzed rule. I hated seeing Cruz shaken up, as I think he is a class act, but come on.
That Touchdown was a score as clear as day... not down until well into the EZ, and clearly in bounds. It required some significant manipulation of the facts to make that call.

Since going to the ground was integral to the catch he had to maintain control upon impact regardless. You may not like the rule but the no-catch = no TD call was correct.

LOOSE BALL
Article 3 A Loose Ball is a live ball that is not in player possession, i.e., any kick, pass, or fumble. A loose ball
that has not yet struck the ground is In Flight. A loose ball (either during or after flight) is considered in
possession of team (offense) whose player kicked, passed, or fumbled. It ends when a player secures
possession or when the down ends if that is before such possession. (For exception, see 9-5-1-Exc. 3).

... then ...

PLAYER POSSESSION
Article 7 A player is in possession when he is in firm grip and control of the ball inbounds (See 3-2-3).
To gain possession of a loose ball (3-2-3) that has been caught, intercepted, or recovered, a player must have
complete control of the ball and have both feet or any other part of his body, other than his hands,
completely on the ground inbounds, and maintain control of the ball long enough to perform any act
common to the game.
If the player loses the ball while simultaneously touching both feet or any other part
of his body to the ground or if there is any doubt that the acts were simultaneous, there is no possession.
This rule applies in the field of play and in the end zone.
The terms catch, intercept, recover, advance, and fumble denote player possession (as distinguished from
touching or muffing).

... and finally ...

Note 1: A player who goes to the ground in the process of attempting to secure possession of a loose ball (with
or without contact by an opponent) must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting
the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone
. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches
the ground before he regains control, there is no possession.
If he regains control prior to the ball touching
the ground, it is a catch, interception, or recovery.

I have seen many coaches and announcers display ignorance of this rule. The refs enforced this rule properly yesterday in the end zone ruling against the Ravens.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/pu ... e_Book.pdf

Even after Moss' toe-dragging TD yesterday against the Eags the ref correctly made sure he maintained control through impact with the ground long after going out of bounds. A dozen steps in bounds can be involved if a guy is stumbling as part of the catch attempt.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby SkinnDeep » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 pm

Such bs. I agree.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:18 am

DarthMonk wrote:Even after Moss' toe-dragging TD yesterday against the Eags the ref correctly made sure he maintained control through impact with the ground long after going out of bounds

Moss never went down. What are you talking about?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:45 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Even after Moss' toe-dragging TD yesterday against the Eags the ref correctly made sure he maintained control through impact with the ground long after going out of bounds

Moss never went down. What are you talking about?

He stumbled and the ref was watching to make sure. The ref did not simply immediately throw his arms up. That's my point. 2 feet (etc.) plus in the endzone does not automatically equal TD, that's all.

Up early. Merry Christmas.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:10 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:

AGREED. Worst officiating by regular refs this week.

And Godahell may still fine Reed before the end of the week. Watch my words. :roll:

As I predicted:

Ed Reed fined $55K by NFL for illegal hit on Victor Cruz

Reed hasn't been thrilled with the way the NFL has ruled on his hits. Cruz said after the game that he believed the hit was legal.

At least it didn't draw another suspension.
No kidding. :roll:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:12 am

Unbelievable.

Or, that's what I would say under ordinary circumstances. This was pretty much predictable. The Mara/Goodell alliance is too much to take.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:13 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Reed hasn't been thrilled with the way the NFL has ruled on his hits. Cruz said after the game that he believed the hit was legal.

At least it didn't draw another suspension.
No kidding. :roll:

I bet Mara could be quoted as saying Reed is "lucky" he didn't get the suspension. These guys are drunk on power.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

Postby yupchagee » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:11 am

Does anybody know what Mara has on Badell? Pictures?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:35 am

yupchagee wrote:Does anybody know what Mara has on Badell? Pictures?

He's his boss.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:45 pm

A strap-on?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 pm

Deadskins wrote:

A strap-on?
:puke:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Return to Around the League