NFC East Champion Post-Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:11 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Two months ago, I passed a Pepsi driver in the grocery store that had a Dallas cap on

Pepsi and the Cowpies. That's two strikes right there. They deserve each other.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:16 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:If anything I think the closest comparison might be Stephen Davis. Riggo and Portis were both faster then Morris. Morris just seems to find the hole and hit it for a gain. Morris isnt the most talented but he definatley makes the most of his oppurtunities.

Just curious how a not "the most talented" runs for more yards that the more talented? Morris has earned his spot as one of the most talented Redskin running backs in team history.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Imagine how good Alfred Morris will be with an offseason of training for professional football?? He went from college to training for workouts. Look at pics of Terrell Davis his rookie year, to his prime. He got ripped up and was much more physically impressive. Morris is already a beast off of sheer will. He could become a monster even more.

T. Davis Rookie Year

T. Davis In His Prime

SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:30 pm

The really good thing about the Redskins and how well they are playing is that EVERYBODY is contributing

THIS IS A TEAM GAME

fans that look at players doing this or that .. OR .. fantasizing about the possibilities are just fantasizing

the Redskins are NOT winning because of how certain players are playing ...

the Redskins are winning ONLY because ALL the players are EXECUTING TOGETHER

have fun fantasizing .. that's about all it is :twisted:

this is special - enjoy it :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:44 pm

grampi wrote:Seattle is without a doubt the best team the Skins have faced this year. Look what they did to the 49ers last week. They are phenominal in every facet of the game and they could be the best team in the conference. We are gonna need 300+ yards passing, 150-200 yards rushing, no turnovers, and very few penalties to beat them. In other words, a near perfect game. And with RGIII clearly still not at 100% (and probably won't be the rest of the season), it's gonna be tough to win this one.

Not true. Seattle is a totally different team at home. They have sucked on the road. We'll win this game much easier than you expect.

grampi wrote:If the Skins can somehow win this one, they will have a ligitimate shot to go all the way....

So you're saying that if we lose in the playoffs that our chances of going all the way are diminished?
Last edited by Deadskins on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 pm

SkinsJock wrote:The really good thing about the Redskins and how well they are playing is that EVERYBODY is contributing

THIS IS A TEAM GAME

fans that look at players doing this or that .. OR .. fantasizing about the possibilities are just fantasizing

You have mastered the art of saying absolutely nothing using the most words possible.

:shock:
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:49 pm

Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:Seattle is without a doubt the best team the Skins have faced this year. Look what they did to the 49ers last week. They are phenominal in every facet of the game and they could be the best team in the conference. We are gonna need 300+ yards passing, 150-200 yards rushing, no turnovers, and very few penalties to beat them. In other words, a near perfect game. And with RGIII clearly still not at 100% (and probably won't be the rest of the season), it's gonna be tough to win this one.

Not true. Seattle is a totally different team at home. They have sucked on the road. We'll win this game much easier than you expect.

grampi wrote:If the Skins can somehow win this one, they will have a ligitimate shot to go all the way....

So you're saying that if we lose in the playoffs that are chances of going all the way are diminished?

They are 8-0 at home and 3-5 on the road. Why? Because some engineering geeks designed their stadium to amplify sound, making it deafening to hear in. Their record is inflated because of it. That's why they'll never win a Superbowl unless they get Home Field and the Superbowl happens to be in Seattle that year.

#NEVERHAPPEN

We will beat these clowns for the two prior losses to them in Seattle. Come to our house this time.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:22 pm

The Hogster wrote:They are 8-0 at home and 3-5 on the road. Why? Because some engineering geeks designed their stadium to amplify sound, making it deafening to hear in. Their record is inflated because of it. That's why they'll never win a Superbowl unless they get Home Field and the Superbowl happens to be in Seattle that year.

We will beat these clowns for the two prior losses to them in Seattle. Come to our house this time.

thanks for that - what a load

the Redskins players and coaches could care less about BS like this tripe :roll:

The Redskins players and coaches WILL win the game because they execute and play together BETTER than the Seahawks :lol:

have fun fantasizing about all the other 'real' reasons for us to be able to win this game this week :twisted:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:28 pm

SkinsJock wrote:The really good thing about the Redskins and how well they are playing is that EVERYBODY is contributing

THIS IS A TEAM GAME

great chemistry....
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
The Hogster wrote:They are 8-0 at home and 3-5 on the road. Why? Because some engineering geeks designed their stadium to amplify sound, making it deafening to hear in. Their record is inflated because of it. That's why they'll never win a Superbowl unless they get Home Field and the Superbowl happens to be in Seattle that year.

thanks for that - what a load

the Redskins players and coaches could care less about BS like this tripe :roll:

The Redskins players and coaches WILL win the game because they execute and play together BETTER than the Seahawks :lol:

have fun fantasizing about all the other 'real' reasons for us to be able to win this game this week :twisted:

I don't know why I bother, but I'll educate you. It's not tripe. It's fact. And everyone who watches football knows it.

CenturyLink Field has earned a reputation for being the loudest stadium in the NFL. The seating decks and partial roof direct exceptional amounts of crowd noise onto the field. The most vocal fans sit in the north end zone bleachers and their sound is amplified by the metal bleachers.This noise contributes to increased false start penalties since opposing offenses can miss audibles and the snap count.

In 2005, the stadium gained national attention when the visiting New York Giants committed 11 false start penalties.

The Fox Sports telecast producers measured the crowd noise level at a peak of 137 dB during Seattle's 34–14 win. Since 2005, the Seahawks have tracked the number of false starts committed by visiting teams and display the statistic on a scoreboard to motivate the crowd. Crowd noise contributed to a league-high 24 false-start penalties in 2005 alone.

Their stadium was designed to magnify and capture sound. Creating a huge home field advantage as evidenced by their home record versus road record. And, the number of false starts in that stadium. It was smart engineering. Just one look at it and you can tell that it's design is different from most stadiums.

SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:45 pm

What I liked about the win last night, and really the past couple games is just how confident the team looks.

The past decade, its almost always felt to me like we were a few steps behind nearly every team we were playing. Like we were hanging on for dear life most games and just hoping to catch up at the end.

There is something different about how they're playing right now. They're just going out there and executing. They're not panicking. They're starting to look like they belong.

Btw. If you didn't know better, which QB would you have guessed was the rookie last night?

I have no idea how far we might go in the playoffs, but nothing will surprise me with this team now.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:50 pm

riggofan wrote:What I liked about the win last night, and really the past couple games is just how confident the team looks.

The past decade, its almost always felt to me like we were a few steps behind nearly every team we were playing. Like we were hanging on for dear life most games and just hoping to catch up at the end.

There is something different about how they're playing right now. They're just going out there and executing. They're not panicking. They're starting to look like they belong.

Btw. If you didn't know better, which QB would you have guessed was the rookie last night?

I have no idea how far we might go in the playoffs, but nothing will surprise me with this team now.

RGIII is the definition of a winner. He can beat you in every way possible. With 100 yards or 350 yards passing. Running or From the pocket. He's a winner. Pure and simple.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:12 pm

The Hogster wrote:RGIII is the definition of a winner. He can beat you in every way possible. With 100 yards or 350 yards passing. Running or From the pocket. He's a winner. Pure and simple.

+1. No doubt!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Seeing Romo's presser is.....satisfying. They are crushed.

I am desperately trying to find a link to it

Not sure if you found it, but here it is:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-g ... -It-stings
"Givin'em the Business!"

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:35 pm

44diesel wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Seeing Romo's presser is.....satisfying. They are crushed.

I am desperately trying to find a link to it

Not sure if you found it, but here it is:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-g ... -It-stings

I did but thanks for the link anyway!

Hopefully the Pukes sent someone home with Romo to keep him away from pills and sharp objects. I know it sounds like uncharachteristic compassion for a Cowpies player, but I really like him as their QB and think the Redskins should carry an insurance policy on him.

This team has what our teams have been missing; faith.

They don't just "believe" they can win; they expect it. They believe in each other.

When I look back on these past seven games I notice that when the offense is struggling, the defense steps up their game and keeps us in it knowing that if they just give RGIII and AM a chance they will pull us out.

That defense last night was the best I've seen that unit play all season.

Awesome way to make the playoffs. We didn't back in. Those guys fought hard for it and in the end were rewarded! I can't get the smile off my face!
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football