RGIII Sets 4 NFL Records, Other One-of-a-Kind Accomplishment

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

RGIII Sets 4 NFL Records, Other One-of-a-Kind Accomplishment

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:57 am

Following the conclusion of one of the most incredible rookie campaigns in NFL history, it’s time to take a look at just what Robert Griffin III has done for the Washington Redskins in his inaugural NFL season. Without further ado:

NFL rookie record 102.4 passer rating. Former record of 98.1 was held by Ben Roethlisberger (2004).

NFL rookie record 815 rushing yards for a Quarterback. Former record of 706 yards was held by Cam Newton (2011).

NFL rookie record +15 Touchdown-Interception differential (tied with Russell Wilson, 2012). Former record of +14 was held by Dan Marino (1983).

2nd in NFL history as a rookie with 65.6% completion. Record of 66.4% is held by Ben Roethlisberger (2004).

NFL rookie record 1.27% of passes attempted being intercepted. Former record of 1.98% was held by Charlie Batch (1998).

Led the NFL in yards per pass attempt with 8.14 YPA. Second-best in the NFL was 8.0 YPA (Cam Newton).

Led the NFL in yards per rush attempt with 6.8 YPC. Second-best in the NFL was 6.5 YPC (C.J. Spiller).

Joins Aaron Rodgers (2011) as the only 2 Quarterbacks in NFL history to finish a season with 8.1 yards per pass attempt, 65% pass completion, and only 1.27 INT%.

Joins Dan Marino (1983) as the only rookie quarterbacks in NFL history to be initially selected to the Pro-Bowl.

Becomes the only QB in NFL history to rush for 750 yards and finish with a passer rating over 100.0.

Becomes the only the 2nd QB in NFL history to rush for 750 yards and finish with a +15 TD-INT differential (Randall Cunningham, 1990).

Becomes the only QB in NFL history to rush for 750 yards and finish with a 4:1 TD-INT ratio.

Current career leader in NFL history (rookie or vet) with 4:1 touchdown-interception ratio. Former leader of 3.47:1 was held by Aaron Rodgers.

Current career leader in NFL history (rookie or vet) with 620:1 yards-interception ratio. Former leader of 457:1 was held by Aaron Rodgers.

On pace to be the career leader in NFL history (rookie or vet) with 65.65% completion (needs a minimum of 2500 attempts). Current leader is Drew Brees at 65.64%.

Led the Washington Redskins offense to ranking #1 in yards per play, #1 in yards per pass, #2 in yards per rush, #2 in points per play, and #1 in giveaways per per game.

Led the Washington Redskins to their first NFC East championship since 1999 (over the defending Super Bowl champions) and their third playoff appearance in 20 years.

So much for mortgaging the future on a running QB. ROTFALMAO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:32 am

^^^THIS

HAIL
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Re: RGIII Sets 4 NFL Records, Other One-of-a-Kind Accomplish

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:21 am

Led the NFL in yards per pass attempt with 8.14 YPA. Second-best in the NFL was 8.0 YPA (Cam Newton).

Led the NFL in yards per rush attempt with 6.8 YPC. Second-best in the NFL was 6.5 YPC (C.J. Spiller).

First player in NFL history to lead the league in both categories at once.

How is this guy not a shoo-in for MVP?

Oh, I forgot, Peyton Manning led a playoff team back to the playoffs (in the super harsh AFC West), and Adrian Peterson almost broke the rushing record. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby jmooney » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:34 am

All of this without playing a full schedule. Big Ben may be the only QB that may have attempted to play on that knee the last 2 weeks as well.

If RGIII had been healthy the last 3 weeks, imagine what the stats would have looked like.

1000 yds rushing?

500 additional passing yards?

3-4 more TD's?

probably would have locked up ROY and MVP.

Can RGIII really get better? scary!

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:47 am

wow what a year for rg3

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:47 am

Awesome year and scary to think he,s only going to get better.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Oh, I forgot, Peyton Manning led a playoff team back to the playoffs (in the super harsh AFC West), and Adrian Peterson almost broke the rushing record. :roll:

Come on. You aren't seriously saying that the year AP had isn't MVP worthy?

Oh, we both agree here. I don't think Pey-Pey should be MVP or come back player of the year.

Not sure you get to be MVP when you missed an entire game that your team won with your back up, by a lot. I know that there is a lot more to it, but when you boil it down that is the reality of the Redskins this year. I've no doubt our boy will bring home an MVP sometime(s), but I think that fact, together with the TRUTH that is THE BUTLER (yes, I'm pushing hard to make that stick to Alfred, and no, I will not stop), are too much to overcome for a shot at MVP, regardless of the strength of anyone else's case.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:49 pm

He is amazing but I can't help but think he's going to get snubbed for RoY for Andrew Luck.

Too many morons like Ron Jaworski who say:

"He took a 2-14 team and made them a 11-5 team" - never mind that Indy tanked it last year specifically to get Luck. I'm not saying the players didn't play and coaches didn't coach, but c'mon, you knew Manning would be out for the season and Curtis Painter was all you could come up with? They didn't even try to look for another QB.

It also doesn't take into account that 7 of their 11 wins were against teams who finished the season with double digit losses. Sell that story to someone else.

"He's been asked to do more with less." - how do you quantify that? These same guys expected Luck would have a better season than RGIII for the exact opposite reason. Many of these same guys predicted the Colts would go 8-8 and the Redskins would go 3-13. Now that the Redskins are NFC East Champs, they had a good team all along, they just needed Griffin as the final piece to the puzzle? C'mon...

"He's got the most passing yards" - yeah, but Wilson has More TDs and both Luck and Wilson have more INTs. Griffin leads in every other category. Completion %, YPC, longest pass completed and QB Rating besides also having 800 yards rushing and 7 rushing TDs

The fact is that for fans who aren't from Indy or Seattle or who otherwise hate the Redskins; RGIII is CLEARLY the Offensive Rookie of the year.

Unfortunately, the vote goes to the media and I think the only way RGIII beats Luck is to go deeper into the playoffs and even then I'm not sure it's enough.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:He is amazing but I can't help but think he's going to get snubbed for RoY for Andrew Luck.

Too many morons like Ron Jaworski who say:

"He took a 2-14 team and made them a 11-5 team" - never mind that Indy tanked it last year specifically to get Luck. I'm not saying the players didn't play and coaches didn't coach, but c'mon, you knew Manning would be out for the season and Curtis Painter was all you could come up with? They didn't even try to look for another QB.

It also doesn't take into account that 7 of their 11 wins were against teams who finished the season with double digit losses. Sell that story to someone else.

"He's been asked to do more with less." - how do you quantify that? These same guys expected Luck would have a better season than RGIII for the exact opposite reason. Many of these same guys predicted the Colts would go 8-8 and the Redskins would go 3-13. Now that the Redskins are NFC East Champs, they had a good team all along, they just needed Griffin as the final piece to the puzzle? C'mon...

"He's got the most passing yards" - yeah, but Wilson has More TDs and both Luck and Wilson have more INTs. Griffin leads in every other category. Completion %, YPC, longest pass completed and QB Rating besides also having 800 yards rushing and 7 rushing TDs

The fact is that for fans who aren't from Indy or Seattle or who otherwise hate the Redskins; RGIII is CLEARLY the Offensive Rookie of the year.

Unfortunately, the vote goes to the media and I think the only way RGIII beats Luck is to go deeper into the playoffs and even then I'm not sure it's enough.

I've not been able to get a bead on what Jaworski's problem is. I've listened to him pump up Joe Flacco as a better QB than Griffin before they played each other, and suck off Romo prior to the last game, too. The only rational thing I've heard him say w/r/t to Griffin is that Wilson has the edge in their game, which he does because realistically Seattle's defense, particularly its secondary is better than Washington's (though I BELIEVE in Haslett's coaching ability). I think, think it is because he's got a problem with the multidimensional aspect of Griff and with what he viewed as not a "pro style" offense and thought it was "gimmicky". He sees luck as a pure passer and not griffin. I think that's his issue.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:21 pm

When it comes to Jaworski, once an Eagle always an Eagle works for me, but he's not alone. He's just a convenient example I could think of off the top of my head.

I don't mind so much those who might make an argument between Griffin and Wilson but I would say Luck is at least third only just ahead of Morris.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:00 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Come on. You aren't seriously saying that the year AP had isn't MVP worthy?

Oh, we both agree here. I don't think Pey-Pey should be MVP or come back player of the year.

Not sure you get to be MVP when you missed an entire game that your team won with your back up, by a lot. I know that there is a lot more to it, but when you boil it down that is the reality of the Redskins this year. I've no doubt our boy will bring home an MVP sometime(s), but I think that fact, together with the TRUTH that is THE BUTLER (yes, I'm pushing hard to make that stick to Alfred, and no, I will not stop), are too much to overcome for a shot at MVP, regardless of the strength of anyone else's case.

In another year, maybe. I think people forget about the season Percy Harvin was having before he got injured. Peterson for comeback player, most definitely, but MVP? Nope. It might be different if he had eclipsed the record.

I like the nickname Bam Bam for Morris.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Fortunately for us all... fans don't get a vote for nicknames...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:20 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:When it comes to Jaworski, once an Eagle always an Eagle works for me, but he's not alone. He's just a convenient example I could think of off the top of my head.

I don't mind so much those who might make an argument between Griffin and Wilson but I would say Luck is at least third only just ahead of Morris.

I think Luck wouldn't in the conversation were in not for ballyhoo. He would finish behind Morris. For God's sake, Luck has a RAT of 75 and has completed just over half his passes. His total yardage is a product of passing every down.
And those interceptions: 18. Horrible. He's also in a weak division.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:23 pm

The folks at ESPN and everywhere else has their guy.
All I'm going to say is like the show NNL.
Those guys at ESPN just love to hear themselves
Talk.
Gotta go with RG3
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

piggie

Postby Skins Fan in Indy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Luck is good, there is no question about it, but if he was playing in a bigger market such as DC he would have been torn to shreads by now, but since he is in one of smaller markets he doesn't get the grilling that other QB's get. Luck fits in Indy and RGIII fits in DC. The ROTY nod has to go to RGIII.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football