NFL players’ collusion complaint against league is dismissed

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

NFL players’ collusion complaint against league is dismissed

Postby ACW » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:48 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html
:x :x :x
P.S. Lawyers, how the hell is this valid:
And so the NFL and NFLPA accomplished that by signing a “Stipulation of Dismissal,” a common legal document that formalizes a commitment to end litigation. On August 4, 2011, one lawyer for each side signed his name at the bottom of this agreement: “The parties stipulate to the dismissal with prejudice of all claims, known and unknown, whether pending or not, regarding the Stipulation and Settlement Agreement (‘SSA’) including but not limited to the claims asserting breach of the SSA related to (i) television contracts and broadcast revenues; and (ii) asserted collusion with respect to the 2010 League Year, excepting only the pending claim filed March 11, 2011 relating to an alleged rookie shortfall on the part of the Philadelphia Eagles.”
My dad (a lawyer) says contracts like that are signed all the time, but seems to me it opens up room for shenanigans.

Hey Mara, enjoy watching the postseason from home ;furious;
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:38 pm

The NFLPA is run by morons.

When they agreed to be witnesses against the Cowpies and Redskins during the suit to overturn the cap penalties they became co-conspirators.

As I understand it;

The Redskins were fined $36 million and Dallas was fined $10 and that money was to be spread out to 28 of the remaining 30 teams in the form of increased cap space.

Each of those teams would get a little over a million dollars in additional cap space.

The NFLPA should have supported the Redskins who did nothing to hurt any of the NFLPA members but instead felt that the increased cap space would benefit more of their union members so they sided with the NFL

Then they wanted to sue the NFL for the very thing they supported
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:The NFLPA is run by morons.

Surely, let us see why.

They received POOR LEGAL ADVICE in TWO instances:

1) colluding with the NFL; and

2) turning around to sue for an act they were part of having given in advance a blind clean bill of health to te NFL for future actions in their own detriment.

How smart is that for their LEGAL position?

They should fire their legal team or whoever acted with such poor judgment.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:The NFLPA is run by morons.

Surely, let us see why.

They received POOR LEGAL ADVICE in TWO instances:

1) colluding with the NFL; and

2) turning around to sue for an act they were part of having given in advance a blind clean bill of health to te NFL for future actions in their own detriment.

How smart is that for their LEGAL position?

They should fire their legal team or whoever acted with such poor judgment.
Perhaps this is what you get for bringing in a big name criminal lawyer as your Executive Director... I suspect that Demaurice Smith has a huge ego... and the players are idiots for hiring him. They are getting what they paid for. Ultimately, the decisions made were his... it wouldn't surprize me to find that the advice he got was not the same as the decisions he made. He got cute... he got burned.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:42 pm

We'll take care of this in the off-season.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:26 am

We're in the playoffs, it's all water in the bridge now. lol. We'll sweep the Giants and keep them out of the playoffs next year too.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:09 pm

I still think we are going to take more legal action, but it won't happen until after the season.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 am

What I don't understand is this, there was "No Salary Cap" however the owners all had some type of good ole boy agreement, and when Danny and Jerrah decided to clear space they are penalized millions? But the Patriots can get caught cheating and it's only a couple hundred thousand, the Saints are caught with this bounty and they too aren't penalized to this extent. Yep sounds real legitimate to me!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote: the Saints are caught with this bounty and they too aren't penalized to this extent.

Losing your coach for a season is a bigger punishment, IMO.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:04 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote: the Saints are caught with this bounty and they too aren't penalized to this extent.

Losing your coach for a season is a bigger punishment, IMO.

Bigger than losing 36 million THE DAY BEFORE FREE AGENCY STARTS?? No I think losing the coach is severe but losing millions in a cap?? Many teams would have been seriously screwed more than us. But things like this only happen to us.....

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Deadskins wrote:I still think we are going to take more legal action, but it won't happen until after the season.

I can't see that happening. I'd love us to exact some kind of retribution from the league, but methinks the only option left is to win the Superbowl, and then have Shanahan tell Goodell to shove his Lombardi trophy right up his............
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Bigger than losing 36 million THE DAY BEFORE FREE AGENCY STARTS?

18 million, and yes.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I still think we are going to take more legal action, but it won't happen until after the season.

I can't see that happening. I'd love us to exact some kind of retribution from the league, but methinks the only option left is to win the Superbowl, and then have Shanahan tell Goodell to shove his Lombardi trophy right up his............

We will. The NFL violated US Law in colluding to keep salaries down. Goodell faces serious consequences for this. Bruce Allen is a labor lawyer. This is not over.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Bigger than losing 36 million THE DAY BEFORE FREE AGENCY STARTS?

18 million, and yes.

It was 36...18 this year and 18 next year.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:34 pm

FLWSkin wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

18 million, and yes.

It was 36...18 this year and 18 next year.

Yes, but only 18 million "THE DAY BEFORE FREE AGENCY STARTS," and only 18 million so far. As I said before I don't think our legal battle is over, just that we are waiting until after the season.

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football