Collinsworth the biggest anti-Redskin announcer?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Collinsworth the biggest anti-Redskin announcer?

Postby fleetus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:36 pm

Despite outplaying the Cowboys most of the game Sunday, I don't think I heard more than about three positive comments from Collinsworth. meanwhile, he seemed to find about 50 examples how the Cowboys were playing great, how Romo was amazing and on and on.

He even blamed a supposed low block by the Redskins for Hatchers blow to RG3's head at the end of the game. Seriously? Somehow while Hatcher was jumping up to get over a lineman the fact that his arms chopped down onto RG3's head was not his fault!

Collinsworth has some kind of problem with the Redskins. no idea what it is.
Build through the draft!

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:37 pm

I see I wasn't the only one watching NFL Replay tonight. Lol.

Hog

Postby fleetus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:53 pm

You caught me :) But he was making comments all night Sunday. Tonight I replayed the Hatcher roughing penalty several times. Collinsworth was dead wrong.
Build through the draft!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:16 am

I was most annoyed by the constant references to Dallas being "banged up" and "decimated by injuries"; implying we were healthy and had all our defensive starters.

It was set up from the very beginning. If Dallas lost, it wasn't because the Redskins played well, it was because of all the Dallas injuries. If Dallas won, then how bad must the Redskins be to lose to a team that was so "banged-up"

What REALLY annoyed me was how NBC had that Kelly Clarkson song ( Cowpies Anthem or whatever) ready to go once Dallas scored and closed to within three.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 am

Collinsworth is not my favorite broad caster by far, but I don't hear the bias as much as others do.

I'd take him calling a Cowboy game over Troy Aikman. Al Michaels is money though. Some people are just great at what they do.

I grew up on Al Michaels on MNF. John Madden and Pat Summerall on FOX. And, guys like Marv Albert calling all of the big NBA Finals games.

I'm not a fan of Collinsworth, but only because he sounds like a dork.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 am

I can't stand Al Michaels or Collinsworth, so those Sunday night games are really hard to take.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 am

The Hogster wrote:Collinsworth is not my favorite broad caster by far, but I don't hear the bias as much as others do.

I'd take him calling a Cowboy game over Troy Aikman. Al Michaels is money though. Some people are just great at what they do.

I grew up on Al Michaels on MNF. John Madden and Pat Summerall on FOX. And, guys like Marv Albert calling all of the big NBA Finals games.

Interesting. I agree with your Collinsworth comment but I find Aikman OK when doing the Cowboys. Now Buck? He'sthe biggest Cowboy homer I've ever heard. It's almost like he an Aikman have a deal. Aikman can be neutral cuz he knows his buddy Buck will take care of his boyz.

That said, Collinsworth is, in general, horrible.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:29 am

The Hogster wrote:Collinsworth is not my favorite broad caster by far, but I don't hear the bias as much as others do.

I don't usually mind the two of them, and I agree about Al Michaels.

I just wasn't impressed with the pre-determined talking points for the game. It seemed clear (whether it was Collinsworth and Michaels or their producers) the game's storyline was going to revolve around the Cowpies and their injuries
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:30 pm

It seemed like the flex had NBC unprepared. I hardly saw a replay. Fewer cameras? The angles mostly sucked. The announcers seemed generally unprepared. The best part of the whole broadcast was when they shut up and let the whole nation watch our crowd sing Hail to the Redskins.

If I could have synched the radio I would have. At least the homers would have been Redskin homers.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Cris Collinsworth is as bad a color broadcaster now as he was bad and a loser as a player before.

Great at predicting great plays in the booth AFTER they happened. :roll:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Yeah Aikman is the worst. I can kind of respect him for it though. Any of you really want compliments from former Cowboys?

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:18 pm

riggofan wrote:Yeah Aikman is the worst. I can kind of respect him for it though. Any of you really want compliments from former Cowboys?

Nope. I just don't want them calling Redskins games.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Deadskins wrote:I can't stand Al Michaels or Collinsworth, so those Sunday night games are really hard to take.

I remember realizing this about 5 years ago (regarding Collinsworth) and since then, have paid attention to it. I have only heard him say a couple good things about the skins/players in 5 years and most of those statements were only in an effort to make himself look good or they were obvious ones (like when he said RGIII was going to be a top QB -- of course this was in like week 5 of this year).

I really don't know why he hates the skins, but it is well documented (at least on the internet......) that he is a pro-bias Cowboys fan. That may have been why he was making excuses for them --- which is the #1, sure-fire sign an announcer is a fan of another team. For example, the Fox guys do this all the time (although they are funny about it since everyone knows who they favor); Howie Long tries to hide (and honestly, does a better job than I would do if my son were in the NFL) it but you always hear him making excuses for STL saying they have injuries and whatnot.

As far as Al Michaels -- I have no problem with him. He has been around a long time and calls a good game. I never feel like throwing anything at him when watching a game he calls.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 pm

The Hogster wrote:
riggofan wrote:Yeah Aikman is the worst. I can kind of respect him for it though. Any of you really want compliments from former Cowboys?

I'd be okay with him falling down a flight of stairs.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:27 pm

riggofan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:

I'd be okay with him falling down a flight of stairs.

That works. Either that or for every game that Aikman calls of ours, we should get Lavar Arrington in there with him. Oh wait. Their season's over!

HAIL
Last edited by The Hogster on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football