Hello Skins From A Seahawk

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Russell Wilson is a better runner then 4.3~ speed and a olympic caliber hurdler? Wow. e must be have the rookie record for must rush yards by a qb by far then!
Lmmfao, that's some funny issh
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Daaaaaang! How fitting that the first post I see the new bling bling is a post defending our franchise qb vs an opponent!
Man I'm speechless... Total cool guy now!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Funny how the Seahawks fan doesn't acknowledge that we beat basically the same Seahawks team last year with Rex Grossman--in Seattle.

Sure they added Russell Wilson. But, we added RGIII & Alfred Morris. They will come back down to earth soon enough.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Pretty cool, CKRGIII. The first RGIII avatar.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby Silnwest » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:02 pm

The Hogster wrote:Funny how the Seahawks fan doesn't acknowledge that we beat basically the same Seahawks team last year with Rex Grossman--in Seattle.

Sure they added Russell Wilson. But, we added RGIII & Alfred Morris. They will come back down to earth soon enough.

You're right, were only 4-11 against the redskins all time.... except every time we've met in the playoffs the Seahawks have won.

A starting quarterback, a starting middle linebacker, a new starter at linebacker, 2 new starters on our offensive line, and about 2 less injuries are the difference between our team last year and our team this year. On top of all the experience gained being the youngest team in the nfl last year, and the 2nd youngest this year. That game just plain isn't worth bringing up because they were effectively 2 different teams than the ones playing this year. Feel free to gloat about beating us last year though, I'll be plenty content in keeping our playoff win-streak against the Skins going. :D

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I do think if he was taking more shots, we'd see proportionately more interceptions. Hard to think he'd be able to keep the same ratio, but who knows.

Aren't those things the same? How are you making the case for them being different?

Maybe, maybe not. They could be different, depends on the base.

Huh? A ratio is a proportion. It is one number compared proportionately to another number. As Opie Taylor said, "Poor Horatio, only half a boy."

I can see a way out for Bru but it's got nothing to do with a base. We are not talking about exponential functions. I'll leave it to Bru if he wants to explain/wiggle.

Regardless, Griff is about as accurate as anyone right now. He is often "throwing guys open" and he does it so often it is clearly not luck.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Silnwest wrote:I'll be plenty content in keeping our playoff win-streak against the Skins going. :D

Monday morning that will be your home playoff win-streak. :twisted:

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:22 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I do think if he was taking more shots, we'd see proportionately more interceptions. Hard to think he'd be able to keep the same ratio, but who knows.

Aren't those things the same? How are you making the case for them being different?

Huh? A ratio is a proportion. It is one number compared proportionately to another number. As Opie Taylor said, "Poor Horatio, only half a boy."

I can see a way out for Bru but it's got nothing to do with a base. We are not talking about exponential functions. I'll leave it to Bru if he wants to explain/wiggle.

Regardless, Griff is about as accurate as anyone right now. He is often "throwing guys open" and he does it so often it is clearly not luck.
There's a reason Bru is a philosopher, and not a mathematician...

You can thank me later, Bru! :twisted:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Silnwest wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Funny how the Seahawks fan doesn't acknowledge that we beat basically the same Seahawks team last year with Rex Grossman--in Seattle.

You're right, were only 4-11 against the redskins all time.... except every time we've met in the playoffs the Seahawks have won.

A starting quarterback, a starting middle linebacker, a new starter at linebacker, 2 new starters on our offensive line, and about 2 less injuries are the difference between our team last year and our team this year. On top of all the experience gained being the youngest team in the nfl last year, and the 2nd youngest this year. That game just plain isn't worth bringing up because they were effectively 2 different teams than the ones playing this year. Feel free to gloat about beating us last year though, I'll be plenty content in keeping our playoff win-streak against the Skins going. :D

I bring it up for the same reasons why you reference the 2 playoff victories. Those were 2 different teams too. 2005 & 2007 was a long time ago.

We have a revamped WR corps this year to go along with a new QB and new RB. Our offensive line was musical chairs all last year. This year, they started 15 games as a unit--then rushed for 268 yards with a replacement at LG last week.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:56 am

Deadskins wrote:Image

Of many to come!
The hogfather- ok that's seriously a cool screen name its gotta be in use?- did an amazing job as usual. Hands down the best thing I got for Christmas!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:56 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Image

Of many to come!
The hogfather- ok that's seriously a cool screen name its gotta be in use?- did an amazing job as usual. Hands down the best thing I got for Christmas!
LOOK!!! He gets a cool, new avatar, and suddenly, he SPEAKS ENGLISH!!!! :P
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:06 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:The hogfather- ok that's seriously a cool screen name its gotta be in use?

Yep.

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:38 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I was saying that if RGIII took more shots down the field, I'd expect to see a higher ratio of INTs to TDs.

. . . And that it is "hard to think" he could keep the same ratio of INTs to TDs if he was throwing downfield more.

Two sides of the same coin. I guess I was only saying one thing, whether it's a "proportion" or "ratio": more attempts would equal more INTs to TDs.

I dunno. Made sense to me when I wrote it and still makes sense to me now. But maybe I am confused and beyond help. :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football