Seahawks "Not Worried" About Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 am

I can't stand the Seahawks. I'm getting sick of all this trash by their players and fans. Play the game.
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:45 am

I have a feeling we are going to run all over them this weekend.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:46 am

Deadskins wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Nice opening drive by Rex and the Skins.

The entire video is basically the Skins dominating these clowns. And, yes Sherman and Browner are out there getting beaten. Take away home field and you've got the Eagles. At one point, this weird Seahawks fan says "they're gashing us.......here's the Seahawks MVP--the punter."

LOL

Yeah, I watched all three parts. I enjoyed them all. Pretty good camera work, and I liked his commentary too. I'd much rather listen to him than Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth. :lol:

:lol: He did call both blocked kicks. I'll give him that. But, he has a face made for radio.

And, yes skins33 their crowd does look ordinary. The noise is a mystery.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am

The cockiness doesn't end with the secondary. Leroy Hill--their linebacker who has been there since 2005--chimed in to say that our offense is similar to Carolina & San Fran's style and "we've seen it before...we'll be ready"

Have a listen. If this doesn't add some sauce to this game, then nothing will. These guys are delusional. Pete Carroll has infected their brains.

The idiot Seattle broadcaster even joined in saying:

“I don’t know that I’m terrified of their wide receiving corps,” Salk said this week. “I don’t know whether an 85-year Santana Moss is somebody I’m supposed to be worried about….The wide receiving corps and that defense, neither one really scares me that much.

One thing is for sure, this team reads the papers. They will be aware of this trash being talked. I like how we've kept it New England Patriot-quiet on the trash talk front. Throw roses at their feet, then gut 'em.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/01/04/leroy-hill-on-skins-offense-weve-seen-it-before/
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:00 am

Lots of screen passes last year, we don't see much of that with this offense this year.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:17 am

oneman56 wrote:Lots of screen passes last year, we don't see much of that with this offense this year.

That's the beauty of this offense. They could come out and screen the heck out of Seattle this week. If I am Kyle, I am introducing a new personnell grouping this week for it.

I'd bring in an extra wide receiver into the backfield in the pistol to replace one of the TE's Paul or Cooley. Those players are usually the responsibility of an LB. I'd force them to matchup with a guy like Aldrick Robinson, Moss, or Garcon coming out of the backfield. It would confuse the hell out of them.

You could run essentially WR screens, out of formations that usually use a RB as the screen guy.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 am

Add rookie linebacker Bobby Wagner to the list of trash talkers. And, Bruce Irvin too. I love how the Washington Post here in DC is publishing all of this trash talk. They know it will wind up taped to the locker room doorways come Sunday.

Now we need the fans to get just as fired up. And, be L O U D. One of their players said that FedEx can't be louder than "the Link" even though they will be the road team. Is it Sunday yet??

Linebacker Bobby Wagner, on the Redskins offense, to KJR:

“Everybody has an assigned job, whether it was to cover the quarterback or cover the running back. When they do get into that pistol offense, we have a certain defense that we run against it. And if everybody do their job, they’re not gonna run on us….They’re the No. 1 rushing team in the league, I think. As soon as we shut down the run, they’re gonna have to resort to the pass, and that makes them one-dimensional. So that makes knowing what they have to do easier to guess, just because they know they can’t run the ball so they have to pass.”

Defensive end Bruce Irvin, on the crowd noise, to ESPN 710:

“It can’t be no louder than the Link. You’re standing two or three feet away from each other, and when everybody’s cheering in the Link you can’t hear nothing. So we’re pretty used to playing in a loud environment. I think we’ll be fine.”

Voice of the Seahawks Steve Raible, to ESPN 710:

“Somebody had to remind me in fact that we haven’t won a playoff game on the road — and I bite my tongue when I say this — in 29 years. But that, I think — I feel pretty strongly about it — that one’s gonna go out the window this weekend….I just think the Seahawks, given everything I’ve seen them do in the last half of this season, I believe they’re gonna win the football game.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/01/04/bobby-wagner-says-skins-wont-run-on-seattle/
SPIT HAPPENS!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 am

Trash talk from Seahawks continues:

Bobby Wagner says Redskins won’t run on Seattle

The more they TALK the TALK, the better. They will have to WALK the WALK and THAT they will not be able to do.

Nice way to motivate our team, hawks. Keep it comin'

On another front, the video just reminded me how AWFIL an INT machine Grossman was. And EVEN with that, we won that game. :shock:

Both teams have improved since then but I like our chances.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Per Kevin Sheean on ESPN980 - The Seattle Seahawks team has already made arrangements to travel directly to Atlanta for practice the week prior to the divisional playoff game without having to return to the West Coast.

I've never seen such arrogance from such a joke of an organization. But then again--Pete Carroll is the coach.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:10 pm

andyjens89 wrote:I can't stand the Seahawks. I'm getting sick of all this trash by their players and fans. Play the game.

Let them talk trash all they want. It makes for good bulletin board stuff to piss our players off and add to their resolve.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 pm

aswas71788 wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:I can't stand the Seahawks. I'm getting sick of all this trash by their players and fans. Play the game.

Let them talk trash all they want. It makes for good bulletin board stuff to piss our players off and add to their resolve.

Yep. It pisses our fans off too. I expect a lot of beer and anger prior to this game. It's a 4 o'clock kick. That crowd will be sauced up by then.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:23 pm

IF FOR NO OTHER REASON, WE OWE THEM A WHIPPING FOR SENDING US JIM ZORN.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Trash talk from Seahawks continues:

Bobby Wagner says Redskins won’t run on Seattle

The more they TALK the TALK, the better. They will have to WALK the WALK and THAT they will not be able to do.

Nice way to motivate our team, hawks. Keep it comin'

On another front, the video just reminded me how AWFIL an INT machine Grossman was. And EVEN with that, we won that game. :shock:

Both teams have improved since then but I like our chances.

Much better run stopping teams than the Chawks have tried and failed to stop the Skins' running game. They couldn't stop the run last year when the Skins were the 25th ranked running game, with Helu, a 640 yard RB. But now they are somehow going to stop the #1 running attack with a 1600 yard rusher at RB and an 800 yard rusher at QB.

That guy is a MORON!

I hope and pray they load up to try to stop the run!!! If they do they are guaranteeing themselves a loss! They won't be able to stop the run and RG3 will throw for 300-350 yards and 4 or 5 TDs.

Dallas showed them the blueprint last week. Drop back, play coverage, and let the running game get what it is going to get. Dallas had a game plan that would have worked if it wasn't the month of Romocember!

If they try to guess run/pass they will guess wrong and RG3 will have a good day throwing the ball (but not great), Alf will have a good game, and RG3 will have a good day running the ball too.

If they try to stop the run, they lose! If they try to play situation D, they lose. If they drop back and take the pass away and dare us to stick to the run, they have a chance!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:28 pm

The Hogster wrote:IF FOR NO OTHER REASON, WE OWE THEM A WHIPPING FOR SENDING US JIM ZORN.

Hey the Jim Zorn Skins beat the Chawks too!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:33 pm

They’re the No. 1 rushing team in the league, I think. As soon as we shut down the run, they’re gonna have to resort to the pass, and that makes them one-dimensional. So that makes knowing what they have to do easier to guess, just because they know they can’t run the ball so they have to pass.”

It's as easy as that. Just shut down the #1 rushing attack in the NFL, and force the league's most accurate passer to throw the ball. :roll:
ROTFALMAO
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football