Seahawks "Not Worried" About Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:49 pm

The Hogster wrote:Per Mike Shanahan on ESPN980 "RGIII WILL wear the brace this week."

I was hoping he could take it off for the playoffs. Whatever. We beat them with Rex, so let's go anyway.

The brace is helping his confidence to a certain degree (per Shanahan's earlier comments) and is preventing further injury, so it's a no-brainer for him to wear it.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:52 pm

The trash talk continues. Keep it comin Seattle. Your players, your fans, your radio hosts. Thanks.

“The Redskins defense ain’t that good, all right?” Mahler said. “And this may be one of the worst defenses [Seattle has] faced all year long, especially on the road. The Redskins are like, what, 28th in the NFL in total defense? They’re old, they’re tired, they’re not fast. This is the perfect opportunity for the Seahawks to go out there on defense and just do what they’ve been doing. We’re not asking for anything extra, we’re not asking for anything less. Just go out there and continue the trend. And the offense, against that Redskins defense, should be just fine. So I do trust them on Sunday.”
“No Orakpo, for some reason now people think Josh Wilson is a good corner?” another host person said. “He’s just a guy. He’s just a guy.”

“Oh c’mon,” Mahler continued. “Listen, if there’s anybody who should know what Josh Wilson’s all about, it’s the 12th man. DeAngelo Hall is old and tired. Gimme a break. These guys are ripe for the picking on Sunday…
“Look, they may play Washington 10 times and win seven or eight of ‘em. But it’s not about being a better team than Washington. They ARE a better team than Washington. Man for man, player for player, I think they are a better team.”
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Per Mike Shanahan on ESPN980 "RGIII WILL wear the brace this week."

I was hoping he could take it off for the playoffs. Whatever. We beat them with Rex, so let's go anyway.

The brace is helping his confidence to a certain degree (per Shanahan's earlier comments) and is preventing further injury, so it's a no-brainer for him to wear it.

During RGIII's presser, he said he wants to take it off, but the trainers won't let him. Says he practices without it as much as he can, untill they realize he has it off and makes him put it on. Said he might take it off this week.

Nonetheless, we don't need him to be 4.3 to win. John Elway won 2 Superbowls wearing a knee brace.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:26 pm

The arrogance of those people from the Northwest is rather comical. I guess by their standard we shouldn't even show up to play them this weekend, because we are destined to lose. Those who tend to talk most usually get embarrassed in the end so I hope they keep on a talking throughout today and tomorrow.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:28 pm

"We want the ball and we're gonna score"

Hehehehe
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:28 pm

The Hogster wrote:The trash talk continues. Keep it comin Seattle. Your players, your fans, your radio hosts. Thanks.

“The Redskins defense ain’t that good, all right?” Mahler said. “And this may be one of the worst defenses [Seattle has] faced all year long, especially on the road. The Redskins are like, what, 28th in the NFL in total defense? They’re old, they’re tired, they’re not fast. This is the perfect opportunity for the Seahawks to go out there on defense and just do what they’ve been doing. We’re not asking for anything extra, we’re not asking for anything less. Just go out there and continue the trend. And the offense, against that Redskins defense, should be just fine. So I do trust them on Sunday.”
“No Orakpo, for some reason now people think Josh Wilson is a good corner?” another host person said. “He’s just a guy. He’s just a guy.”

“Oh c’mon,” Mahler continued. “Listen, if there’s anybody who should know what Josh Wilson’s all about, it’s the 12th man. DeAngelo Hall is old and tired. Gimme a break. These guys are ripe for the picking on Sunday…
“Look, they may play Washington 10 times and win seven or eight of ‘em. But it’s not about being a better team than Washington. They ARE a better team than Washington. Man for man, player for player, I think they are a better team.”

I lived in Seattle for a few years and attended the last 2 playoff games there. The clowns on the radio and the fans in the seats were among the worst informed, worst behaved idiots I have ever encountered (and I lived in PHI before that).
They act the the Seachickens have some sort of great history and a collection of Lombardis. They need a wakeup call in the worst way.

The Seattle Seachickens are a total NFL afterthought. They have never won anything, and they were the only team inconsequential enough to actually switch conferences without anyone either knowing or caring about it! Heck, they were so far down the list of relevant teams that noboby minded that they had pink jerseys in the original Tecmo Bowl!

They have a very good team this year, but there's no reason for the team or fans to think that they can just waltz into FedEx and collect an easy victory. What an arrogant collection of fools they are.

I'm hoping that RGIII, Albert, and the rest of the team embarass them on Sunday.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:29 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:Do Skins fans think this is will be an easy win?

many here are just obviously VERY biased

I do not see any Redskins game as an "easy win"

I think that the team has been prepared well and played very well since the bye week - I also think that the coaching/game calling has been outstanding

Yeah I understand, and no problem with fans being biased. I just haven't had the impression that anybody around here has been looking at this game as an "easy win" for the Redskins. Especially not compared with some of this stuff I'm seeing coming from the Seahawks.

Seems to me that we've been giving the Seahawks a lot more respect than they're giving us.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:31 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:The trash talk continues. Keep it comin Seattle. Your players, your fans, your radio hosts. Thanks.

I lived in Seattle for a few years and attended the last 2 playoff games there. The clowns on the radio and the fans in the seats were among the worst informed, worst behaved idiots I have ever encountered (and I lived in PHI before that).
They act the the Seachickens have some sort of great history and a collection of Lombardis. They need a wakeup call in the worst way.

The Seattle Seachickens are a total NFL afterthought. They have never won anything, and they were the only team inconsequential enough to actually switch conferences without anyone either knowing or caring about it! Heck, they were so far down the list of relevant teams that noboby minded that they had pink jerseys in the original Tecmo Bowl!

They have a very good team this year, but there's no reason for the team or fans to think that they can just waltz into FedEx and collect an easy victory. What an arrogant collection of fools they are.

I'm hoping that RGIII, Albert, and the rest of the team embarass them on Sunday.

This is hilarious. And, I think you meant Alfred.

Albert should stay far away from Fed Ex. :lol:

Funny thing is, I said the other day that the Skins seem to always play the Seagulls in the playoffs. A brilliant Seagull fan says "Always is a strong word. We have only been in the NFC for 10 years. We were in the AFC before that."

I was like....Oh, oh yeah.

They are totally irrelevant. Your post is spot on.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:09 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:Do Skins fans think this is will be an easy win?

many here are just obviously VERY biased

I do not see any Redskins game as an "easy win"

I think that the team has been prepared well and played very well since the bye week - I also think that the coaching/game calling has been outstanding

Yeah I understand, and no problem with fans being biased. I just haven't had the impression that anybody around here has been looking at this game as an "easy win" for the Redskins. Especially not compared with some of this stuff I'm seeing coming from the Seahawks.

Seems to me that we've been giving the Seahawks a lot more respect than they're giving us.

I have no problem with fans being biased - HOWEVER - there are more than a few here that think we're winning this game no matter what

and

that we win by more than 10 ... easily

I just don't see that - I think we can win but the Seahawks are one of the teams that are playing with a lot of momentum going in to the playoffs

right now they are playing better than most other playoff teams ... AS ARE WE ... :lol:

we can win this game but they are not going to lie down and let us run up the score like many here think

I could not care less what their fans think - why even go to another team's site :roll:
Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:10 pm

:roll:
Last edited by SkinsJock on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hail to the Redskins

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:14 pm

andyjens89 wrote:"We want the ball and we're gonna score"

Hehehehe

LOL

They'll be WHIFFIN at GRIFFIN

And, yes. The "Queersome Foursome" of Sherman, Brandon Clowner, Girl Thomas, & Pam Chancellor were on the field this game. In fact, that's Big Bad Browner getting pushed around by Donte Stallworth. And, Pam is getting macked over by Roy Helu.

Meet Mr. Morris
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 pm

SkinsJock wrote:IF the Redskins are the "better" team, then why do the bookies, who know NOTHING about the game, but do "know" which team will generate the best result for the bettors, have the Seahawks as the "favorite"?

Because the general betting public is going off what all the "experts are saying" and taking the Shehawks. This means the odds makers have to give the Skins points so that more folks will bet the Skins to get even money on both sides. This way sports books collect the vig.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:45 pm

The Hogster wrote:Funny thing is, I said the other day that the Skins seem to always play the Seagulls in the playoffs. A brilliant Seagull fan says "Always is a strong word. We have only been in the NFC for 10 years. We were in the AFC before that."

I was like....Oh, oh yeah.

Shows what they know of their own team's history. They were originally in the NFC, then moved to the AFC, and are now back in the NFC. You know your team sucks when the NFL just says "OK, we're switching your conference. They wouldn't do that to any relevant team.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:48 pm

SkinsJock wrote:they are not going to lie down and let us run up the score

No they won't, but it's not like they will have a say in the matter. :twisted:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby jmooney » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:18 pm

DaveD1420 wrote:Good. I hope Sherman keeps it up. I also hope he starts trash-talking about Alfred Morris. Please!

I dont know if its possible to make "The Butler" mad , unless he fumbles.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football